Pic of the Day

TimC7

Ovine Assaulter
Apr 22, 2023
UK
Great weather - slightly cooler and overnight rain damped the dust! Nice park for a lunch break in Ross.
image.jpg
image.jpg
20240806_135114.jpg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
the trees are slightly offset and maybe a couple of cm clearance so it need a fast wiggle!

I do like a good wiggle in between tight trees 😀

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
The North Shore of Vancouver has some classic trails, one of which is Boundary. It used to have more high consequence features on it but since they are difficult to maintain, the trail is becoming more and more raw. The one that still remains is known as My Way or the Highway. It is NOT the most difficult feature on the trail but it looks interesting!

Boundary.jpg

My Way.jpg

My Way 2.jpg

There were some big trees around here...

stump.jpg

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Cracking ride out yesterday on the Western edge of the North Yorkshire Moors courtesy of @JFDI and in the company Rod, Phil, Steve and another Dave. Unfortunately my conjoined riding marra @The Hodge couldn’t join us for this ride. Shame
Meeting at Lordstones cafe no too far away from Stokesley we headed out in sunshine and a gentle breeze that blew harder on the moor tops. I can’t tell you the names of the trails we rode as I followed blindly on this my first proper ride in this part of Yorksha.
The trails were fast dryish (the odd bog here and there that I always seemed to take the deepest and smelliest line) steep technical fast flowing singletrack, varied rooty, rock strewn climbs, lovely flowing single track traversing the valley sides. A good day out on the Great Whyte. One sign I did often often was Cleveland Way.
Cheers Dave and the rest of the guys for a good day out in good company.
IMG_8335.jpeg IMG_8333.jpeg IMG_8338.jpeg IMG_8334.jpeg IMG_8337.jpeg
This is the famous new Bilsdale TV mast replacing the previous one that burned to the ground. IMG_8336.jpeg

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
The North Shore of Vancouver has some classic trails, one of which is Boundary. It used to have more high consequence features on it but since they are difficult to maintain, the trail is becoming more and more raw. The one that still remains is known as My Way or the Highway. It is NOT the most difficult feature on the trail but it looks interesting!

View attachment 144932

View attachment 144933

View attachment 144934

There were some big trees around here...

View attachment 144935
I love your phrase ‘high consequence features’ . Over here we would say ‘broken collarbone’😳

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Cracking ride out yesterday on the Western edge of the North Yorkshire Moors courtesy of @JFDI and in the company Rod, Phil, Steve and another Dave. Unfortunately my conjoined riding marra @The Hodge couldn’t join us for this ride. Shame
Meeting at Lordstones cafe no too far away from Stokesley we headed out in sunshine and a gentle breeze that blew harder on the moor tops. I can’t tell you the names of the trails we rode as I followed blindly on this my first proper ride in this part of Yorksha.
The trails were fast dryish (the odd bog here and there that I always seemed to take the deepest and smelliest line) steep technical fast flowing singletrack, varied rooty, rock strewn climbs, lovely flowing single track traversing the valley sides. A good day out on the Great Whyte. One sign I did often often was Cleveland Way.
View attachment 144937 View attachment 144938 View attachment 144939 View attachment 144940 View attachment 144941
This is the famous new Bilsdale TV mast replacing the previous one that burned to the ground. View attachment 144942
Looks glorious. Last of The Summer Wine on wheels. No offence😀

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
I love your phrase ‘high consequence features’ . Over here we would say ‘broken collarbone’😳
True but it's not uncommon to fall off something and break a wrists, ribs, arms, tear tendons or at least end up with a concussion. It never ceases to amaze me when riders walk away from some of their unfortunate miscalculations. My last big "off" earned me a plate with 9 screws in my heel bone!
Best advice I ever got was to never get old and never get injured. I am not very capable of following good advice.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
HI Dave @David1964 ..welcome to the forum first of all..sorry I couldn't join you on yesterday's ride ..but Dave is going to forward me your details to add you to our WhatsApp group ..so look forward to riding with you in the not too distant ..
I noticed you called @The EMF ..Dave on your post ..when I've always known him as Wayne...
Are you Trigger's cousin ?😉😁

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
View attachment 144937 View attachment 144938 View attachment 144939 View attachment 144940 View attachment 144941
This is the famous new Bilsdale TV mast replacing the previous one that burned to the ground. View attachment 144942
I'm jealous lovely looking area. I was at Otley area a couple weeks ago for a week i ever had bike though. The grass always looks greener as they say.

David1964

Aug 7, 2024
Yarm (north east)
HI Dave ..welcome to the forum first of all..sorry I couldn't join you on yesterday's ride ..but Dave is going to forward me your details to add you to our WhatsApp group ..so look forward to riding with you in the not too distant ..
I noticed you called @The EMF ..Dave on your post ..when I've always known him as Wayne...
HI Dave ..welcome to the forum first of all..sorry I couldn't join you on yesterday's ride ..but Dave is going to forward me your details to add you to our WhatsApp group ..so look forward to riding with you in the not too distant ..
@The Hodge Ha ha yes too many new names to remember at once! I think Phil W is the only one with my number - or PM me on here and I'll send it (I can't PM until I have 10 posts but think I can reply). You have probably worked out or know that I was a close friend of Richy's for 40+ years and am Mike's (older) brother

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
@The Hodge Ha ha yes too many new names to remember at once! I think Phil W is the only one with my number - or PM me on here and I'll send it (I can't PM until I have 10 posts but think I can reply). You have probably worked out or know that I was a close friend of Richy's for 40+ years and am Mike's (older) brother
Hi Dave ..yeah all worked out at my end.
I think Dave was getting in touch with Phil to get your details ..so best that I leave it that way for now ..otherwise it might get too complicated 😁.
I only knew Richy for a very short time ..but he's left a lasting impression ..and is greatly missed .
Catch you soon ..

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
@Tubby G Indeed, though quite overgrown in the last 200 metres or so before chop gate; the singletrack descent from Rudland Rigg down into Farndale/Low Mill was equally good, maybe better!?

Aah yes I think I’ve done that one, does it have a large cliff like drop to the LH side of the trail at one point ?

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
As above.. we rode a good few of the stages a week after the event last year ..
Couldn't make today's ride down in N.Yorks with a few of the lads ..but managed to get out late afternoon from my door and headed over the moor to the Pundershaw area of Kielder Forest ..on some b/ways & tracks which are only ridden ( in the main ) by locals ..with it being "summer" some good trails are hidden by the height of the grass & bracken so it's a bit of a leap of faith riding them blind ..but only two tumbles ..both with a soft landing 😁
View attachment 144911 View attachment 144912 View attachment 144913 View attachment 144914 View attachment 144915 View attachment 144916 View attachment 144917 View attachment 144918
Slight difference in the figures as I forgot to start the recording until after the first big climb..so the distance covered would be +1mile and the ascent the same as the descent ..
View attachment 144919
It looks like the kingdom of ticks. They thrive best in tall grass.
Or do you have any at all?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles