Pic of the Day

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Well you've got it better than us today ..Heavy showers with thunder & lightning !
Off to Inners tomorrow with an mtb mate ..doing the red route and incorporating Minch Moor Road / Three Bretheren ..with a 10% chance that it wont rain ..deep joy ?

That bloody thunder storm has caused a power cut in our area. Been waiting hours but no sign of electricity back on. So now I’m trying to cook one handed with other arm in a cast & sling on my Primus camping stove, ribs still aching like buggery so still difficult to move. Feel like I’m in some kind of survival movie!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Good times today; went back to Degla to rescue @JetSetDemo SC Bullit and took it for a cheeky lap. Here it is half way up the first climb;

1625424100833.png

And here it is, having made it 10m further than it did yesterday...

1625424236084.png

:ROFLMAO:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I saw the signs for the "Boltby Bash" and did wonder.
Regrettably, as I was passing on my way to the "yawn" Garden Centre... :(

I am racking the miles up on the new Gravel Mule though.

it was nice seeing a relatively large event in our quiet corner of the moors, especially after 18 months of covid & lockdown. A good mix of all ages & abilities, some had bitten off more than they could chew whilst others simply rocketed over the terrain. A fair amount of eebs too. The main parking & camping field near Boltby was heaving. A successful event, hopefully next years will be even bigger & better!

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I'm riding a 30 mile charity thing next Sunday in support of two local hospices, one for kids, one for us. I've done it every year they've run them & raised a few bob into the bargain. I'm gassed to be riding in an organised event again.

Three years back, I rode the same event & spotted Sally Gunnell in front, so naturally I put the hammer down & burnt past her, doing Harry Carpenter commentary - He's blown Sally Gunnell away, this is remarkable! A minute later, I binned it off a rock on the trail & have distinct memory of her asking me if I was ok before muttering 'fucking idiot' & riding off.

I'm the knob staring at the phone when they're interviewing her.

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
This was the straw that broke the camels back on Friday…..

IMG_3090.jpg

IMG_3092.jpg

….so a mate and I headed out on Sunday morning to hit the trails….in his car.

We loaded it up with strimmer, hedge trimmer and chainsaw and spent 2 hours cutting back 2 of the worst overgrown bridleways on our regular routes. We also got rid of a nasty tree stump which hides in the brambles inviting nasty pedal strikes. If you ride bridleways in Cane End, Berkshire you’ll know it!!

This was pretty much impossible to ride through thanks to the rain and the sun.

IMG_3110.jpg

IMG_3109.jpg

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
This was the straw that broke the camels back on Friday…..

RESPECT ✊
View attachment 65940
View attachment 65941

….so a mate and I headed out on Sunday morning to hit the trails….in his car.

We loaded it up with strimmer, hedge trimmer and chainsaw and spent 2 hours cutting back 2 of the worst overgrown bridleways on our regular routes. We also got rid of a nasty tree stump which hides in the brambles inviting nasty pedal strikes. If you ride bridleways in Cane End, Berkshire you’ll know it!!

This was pretty much impossible to ride through thanks to the rain and the sun.

View attachment 65944
View attachment 65945

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Great ride out today with my non ebiking mate Nick ..still he does have some taste as he rides a Whyte 9000 series hardtail..?
We started the ride from Innerleithen trail head which was really busy with the downhill boys on an uplift service ..not for us though ..we headed out on the red trail taking in Minch Moor dropped down onto The Southern Upland Way and Minch Moor Road to Yarrowford ( great drop ) then the horrendous rocky climb from Broadmeadows on the side of Foulshiel Hill where I nearly turned back when we met Bully his harem ..and some of his new offspring ..scary as fook ..we eventually got brave enough to head on up to The Three Bretheren ..back along the SUW with another couple of steep climbs to the point where we left the red route this morning taking in Caddon Bank etc ..I had forgotten just how good this series of drops were ..imo ..leaving any of the reds up the road at Glentress for dead ..( no pics on this section though) ..
20210705_115908.jpg
20210705_121254.jpg

The cairn & trig point at the top of Minch Moor
20210705_121448.jpg

o

20210705_121500.jpg
20210705_121519.jpg
20210705_135125.jpg
20210705_142812.jpg
20210705_143139.jpg

Screenshot_20210705-202158_Outdooractive.jpg

Crackin day out ..my thanks to Nick for his craic & company ..

20210705_152835.jpg

Edit...obviously the inscription stone on the cairn on Minch Moor must have been left by someone not riding an ebike ...I loved it !?

Last edited:

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Great ride out today with my non ebiking mate Nick ..still he does have some taste as he rides a Whyte 9000 series hardtail..?
We started the ride from Innerleithen trail head which was really busy with the downhill boys on an uplift service ..not for us though ..we headed out on the red trail taking in Minch Moor dropped down onto The Southern Upland Way and Minch Moor Road to Yarrowford ( great drop ) then the horrendous rocky climb from Broadmeadows on the side of Foulshiel Hill where I nearly turned back when we met Bully his harem ..and some of his new offspring ..scary as fook ..we eventually got brave enough to head on up to The Three Bretheren ..back along the SUW with another couple of steep climbs to the point where we left the red route this morning taking in Caddon Bank etc ..I had forgotten just how good this series of drops were ..imo ..leaving any of the reds up the road at Glentress for dead ..( no pics on this section though) ..
View attachment 65989 View attachment 65990
The cairn & trig point at the top of Minch Moor
View attachment 65991 View attachment 65992 View attachment 65993 View attachment 65994 View attachment 65995 View attachment 65997
View attachment 65999
Crackin day out ..my thanks to Nick for his craic & company ..

View attachment 65998
Thoroughly Hodged .

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Went on another Dora the explorer ride and found a great little route which leads onto the last unknown route i found. Next ride i will join them together and it should be a good ride. Nearly lost the bike !! on the pic to its left is about a 200ft drop and the bike fell over and decided to try and take a closer look !!
Luckily it stopped sliding on the edge and was saved :)
IMG_20210707_131703.jpg
IMG_20210707_132323.jpg
IMG_20210707_131641.jpg

Twin Valleys

Nov 5, 2019
southern Alberta, Canada
The first picture is of Mount Robson the largest peak at 4000 metres along the 4800 km of the Rocky Mountains from British Columbia to New Mexico in the States. We had planned to spend a few days biking in the area but last week's heat wave (several days in over +36 degrees) caused rapid snow melt in the mountains and most of the trails were wiped out with flooding. Oh well, the fall will be a good time to revisit the area. We headed on to my daughter's ranch and I continued my exploration of this new to us area southwest of Prince George, I obviously discovered the reason why one of the following pictures is called Grave Yard lake but the biggest challenge remains finding trails through areas that forest fires created their havoc. Kind of brings a new meaning to "trail maintenance."
image001.jpg
20210526_120926.jpg
20210525_111836.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
You now need to ride through sand to get that sheep shit off your tyres. It is the ONLY thing that will shift the stain. (How can any organic substance stain rubber? :unsure: )

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Maybe MTB is safer ... a friend was on his way home from work in Cambridge yesterday .. He was standing waiting to cross when a car started heading towards him. He thought it would stop .. it's going to stop .. it will stop .... naaaaa
Yeah, it's becoming an accepted understanding around here that absolutely nothing in the mountains makes for half the threat that reckless or incompetent drivers pose.
Amazingly just ripped clothes ! Lucky B4stard !!!!
Really relieved to hear that. That looks absolutely horrific!

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Glad your friend is ok Zimmer..
Without knowing the full facts as to why that car crashed I wouldnt be too quick to judge Gyre..
Unless a novel and catastrophic medical condition suddenly manifested itself, I don't think it's unreasonable to presume responsibility when a driver whacks a stationary rider at a crosswalk.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
...and do you know for certain that a catastrophic medical condition didnt occur ?
I havent mentioned at all that the driver wasnt responsible ..just that you are making presumptions without knowing the full facts

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Well, to avoid any confusion ..

The guy (I know, I know, you all assumed it must have been a lady .. ;) :unsure: :unsure:) wasn't sure exactly why he crashed, but he thought he might have fallen asleep ..... That's all I know.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles