Pic of the Day

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
...and do you know for certain that a catastrophic medical condition didnt occur ?
I havent mentioned at all that the driver wasnt responsible ..just that you are making presumptions without knowing the full facts
First, I already allowed a caveat for the (highly unlikely) possibility that a novel and catastrophic medical condition was involved, so I'm not sure what you're after here.

Second, you don't always need the full facts to make a presumption of responsibility, certainly not in the world of casual Internet forums, and not even in the formalized practice of law. If there are sufficient facts to satisfy the prima facie case, the defendant is presumed responsible and the burden of proof shifts to the defendant to establish an affirmative defense. I'm pretty sure the UK is identical to the US in this respect.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Irrespective of the causes, the reality of road riding is you're coming last every time. I have nothing against road bikes but I don't ride them for the sole reason that when I climb on a bike, I become allergic to the odds of being the statue & not the pigeon around cars, buses & trucks on crowded roads.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
First, I already allowed a caveat for the (highly unlikely) possibility that a novel and catastrophic medical condition was involved, so I'm not sure what you're after here.

Second, you don't always need the full facts to make a presumption of responsibility, certainly not in the world of casual Internet forums, and not even in the formalized practice of law. If there are sufficient facts to satisfy the prima facie case, the defendant is presumed responsible and the burden of proof shifts to the defendant to establish an affirmative defense. I'm pretty sure the UK is identical to the US in this respect.
?..bored now ..again I would refer you to the line where "I havent mentioned at all that the driver wasnt responsible "..so to be honest I dont know what you are still prattling on about ..I merely stated that in your comfy chair thousands of miles away from where the incident occurred you came to the rapid conclusion that it was a reckless or irresponsible driver ..and at the risk of repeating myself ..you didnt know the full facts ..
Feel free ..if you really want to respond again ..
Im done ..

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Maybe MTB is safer ... a friend was on his way home from work in Cambridge yesterday .. He was standing waiting to cross when a car started heading towards him. He thought it would stop .. it's going to stop .. it will stop .... naaaaa

View attachment 66167

Amazingly just ripped clothes ! Lucky B4stard !!!!
Now there's a man who needs a short range model Kenevo ;)

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
New Forest
F39673ED-AA88-43D4-A8E3-4F663C4D4271.jpeg

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
great evening ride even though i got lost twice lol, this resulted in some unexpected but brilliant technical rocky climbs and lots of styles !! my technique is to lift the front over, get myself on the other side then its a doddle getting the rest of the bike over. Some may do it this way or other ways but thats the easiest ive tried to date.
IMG_20210709_180622.jpg
IMG_20210709_181052.jpg
Screenshot_20210709-195824.jpg

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
So to cut a long story short, an emtb with a 180mm travel up front, 165mm travel in the back, 160 newton meters of torque with a kilowatt battery, throttle actuated and/or torque sensing motor, speeds of up to 60mph and magura mt7 brakes.

The only thing letting it down is the 350mm BB height and the 66 degree headtube angle and the 76 degree seat tube angle.

Looks like it's back to the drawing board for me. Maybe I'll change the headset and adjust the offset bushes within the shock.

Apologies for anyone who follows me on YouTube, no vids this week but as you can see, I've been somewhat busy ?

20210710_152959.jpg

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Sorry Neeko..its not what Im looking for in an emtb ..it might look like one but " throttle actuated " ...its an electric motorbike ..
No " like " from me ..quite the opposite in fact ..sorry .
Lol, the throttle is optional.
But between me and you Hodge, 160 newton meters of torque on a long travel bike climbing up walls is an experience ?.

Besides, at the rate eebs are going in terms of development, they'll all be like this in the next couple of years in terms of power and battery capacity ??

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Lol, the throttle is optional.
But between me and you Hodge, 160 newton meters of torque on a long travel bike climbing up walls is an experience ?.

Besides, at the rate eebs are going in terms of development, they'll all be like this in the next couple of years in terms of power and battery capacity ??
I hope not ..because crap like that fucking monstrosity is a sure fire way of getting us banned from every legitimate trail ...

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Careful @The Hodge. no one's talking about any eebs becoming a point of contention for banning riders on the trails (your talking to someone who 'chooses' to ride both eebs and regular and contributes to trail maintenance).

This type of emtb is just for a different type of rider. That's all.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Youve probably got a fair few years to go before you even come close to the amount of trail building Ive done mate ..and just why do you think you have the right to tell me to " be careful " ...?
In case you dont understand what you yourself have written..your point that " they will all be like this in the next few years " ..kind of contradicts your last post

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Youve probably got a fair few years to go before you even come close to the amount of trail building Ive done mate ..and just why do you think you have the right to tell me to " be careful " ...?
In case you dont understand what you yourself have written..your point that " they will all be like this in the next few years " ..kind of contradicts your last post
Huh!!!!!!!!
Dude, have I offended you?
What's your problem?
Why ger so high rate over a picture?

I'll tell you what Hodge because this isn't the first time members take issue with a post I upload, I'll ask the moderators to remove it and mark this thread as a 'Neeko is not welcome thread'.

As for your sly comment about whose built/maintained more trails. F*ck you!!! The very fact that I give a damn to donate my time is a testament of my dedication to the sport. Instilled by riders who got me into the sport.

I swear. Dude, get over yourself.

Oh FYI, what the hell have I contradicted? NOTHING!!!!

I RIDE BIKES DUMBASS!!! Doesn't matter if its regular, eebs, high powered eebs or motorcycles.

YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT!!!!

Jon A

Apr 24, 2021
WA/MT, US
I'm always surprised by the amount of "rock throwing from a glass house" that goes on in the EMTB community. Guys that are offended when anti-all Ebike regular MTB people call their EMTB's "motorbikes" can be awfully quick to do the same if somebody adds the wrong $15 piece of plastic to theirs.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Huh!!!!!!!!
Dude, have I offended you?
What's your problem?
Why ger so high rate over a picture?

I'll tell you what Hodge because this isn't the first time members take issue with a post I upload, I'll ask the moderators to remove it and mark this thread as a 'Neeko is not welcome thread'.

As for your sly comment about whose built/maintained more trails. F*ck you!!! The very fact that I give a damn to donate my time is a testament of my dedication to the sport. Instilled by riders who got me into the sport.

I swear. Dude, get over yourself.

Oh FYI, what the hell have I contradicted? NOTHING!!!!

I RIDE BIKES DUMBASS!!! Doesn't matter if its regular, eebs, high powered eebs or motorcycles.

YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT!!!!
How embarrasing ..?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
So to cut a long story short, an emtb with a 180mm travel up front, 165mm travel in the back, 160 newton meters of torque with a kilowatt battery, throttle actuated and/or torque sensing motor, speeds of up to 60mph and magura mt7 brakes.

The only thing letting it down is the 350mm BB height and the 66 degree headtube angle and the 76 degree seat tube angle.

Looks like it's back to the drawing board for me. Maybe I'll change the headset and adjust the offset bushes within the shock.

Apologies for anyone who follows me on YouTube, no vids this week but as you can see, I've been somewhat busy ?

View attachment 66304
I think the reason Hodge is getting annoyed is because that bike is actually illegal to ride on public roads, trails, pavements etc (essentially any public space) in the UK. Are you aware that riding your bike anywhere public is illegal? and it's not just a minor civil offense like riding a push bike or legal ebike on footpath is, its a serious criminal offense with potentially significant consequences for you if caught.

Last edited:

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles