Pic of the Day

grimmprincess

Feb 2, 2021
AU
Today's sojourn included creepy tunnels. ?

20210223_101039.jpg
20210223_115506.jpg
20210223_115529.jpg
20210223_124754.jpg

Twin Valleys

Nov 5, 2019
southern Alberta, Canada
You are overthinking things. Have you still got Covid? That’s one of the symptoms.
Plus, can people stop posting pictures of blue sea please.
how about the mountains then, snow rapidly receding with the strong west winds over the past week although still a lot of ice laying under what snow is left, so still a bit of a stretch yet to reach the single track mountain trails, this area is a favorite biking spot of mine in south eastern British Columbia (Canada) so until we can visit those blue seas again . . .
20210208_144052.jpg
20210205_162657.jpg

j_s

Feb 4, 2020
Nottingham
Is that a sewage outfall under that brick and concrete wall?

So that's why I had a septic tank emptying advert at the top of the screen :ROFLMAO:

Some lovely shots there guys, no jealousy here at all! I'd take some pics out and about on my gravel bike but unless you want sloppy bridleways or tarmac, nothing of interest. Although I am planning on riding to a brewery and carrying back a keg in a rucksack very soon, maybe I'll snap a pic of the brother in law or myself as we try to ride back with the kegs :D

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
So that's why I had a septic tank emptying advert at the top of the screen :ROFLMAO:

Some lovely shots there guys, no jealousy here at all! I'd take some pics out and about on my gravel bike but unless you want sloppy bridleways or tarmac, nothing of interest. Although I am planning on riding to a brewery and carrying back a keg in a rucksack very soon, maybe I'll snap a pic of the brother in law or myself as we try to ride back with the kegs :D

Hitch a trailer to the back of the bike and tow it home!

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
An easy before ride Snack :)

I call it Bready Omelette ... Though I guess it's just like French Toast with a big twist ?

Mix up a basic 5 egg Omelette mix. Add 3/4 to large pan. Add 4 slices of bread. Add rest of the mix. Make Omelette. Eat .. Digest for a while. Ride as hard as you can.

View attachment 53980
Much too complicated for me. I looked everywhere for "Omlette mix" at the supermarket and couldn't find it!
Wasn't in the Frozen foods, or in the instant powdered mixes where you just add water.
And can I use Toast bread?
If I use toast bread, and it isn't toasted then isn't it raw?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK

I call it Bready Omelette ... Though I guess it's just like French Toast with a big twist ?

Mix up a basic 5 egg Omelette mix. Add 3/4 to large pan. Add 4 slices of bread. Add rest of the mix. Make Omelette. Eat .. Digest for a while. Ride as hard as you can........
This may be hard for you egg enthusiasts to deal with, but I hate eggs! According to my mother, I've hated eggs since I was old enough to vomit. Nothing she could do would induce me to eat eggs of any kind. That includes mayonnaise and when you think how many food products have mayonnaise in, that's starting to become a problem! I wished I liked eggs as it would be much more convenient, cheaper and probably good for me too! I have tried at various intervals without success. My best chance was when I was a young man out camping/fishing with my mates. We ran out of food and the shops were shut; end result was that we went without any food at all for more than 24 hours. We were active and out in the fresh air, so you can imagine how hungry I was. One of the lads went shopping and all he brought back was eggs! I tried, I really tried, but that boiled egg stuck in my throat and I just gagged and heaved it up. It was another 12 hours before I got the chance to eat anything. I swear I could have eaten a scabby dog, but deffo no eggs!

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
This may be hard for you egg enthusiasts to deal with, but I hate eggs! According to my mother, I've hated eggs since I was old enough to vomit. Nothing she could do would induce me to eat eggs of any kind. That includes mayonnaise and when you think how many food products have mayonnaise in, that's starting to become a problem! I wished I liked eggs as it would be much more convenient, cheaper and probably good for me too! I have tried at various intervals without success. My best chance was when I was a young man out camping/fishing with my mates. We ran out of food and the shops were shut; end result was that we went without any food at all for more than 24 hours. We were active and out in the fresh air, so you can imagine how hungry I was. One of the lads went shopping and all he brought back was eggs! I tried, I really tried, but that boiled egg stuck in my throat and I just gagged and heaved it up. It was another 12 hours before I got the chance to eat anything. I swear I could have eaten a scabby dog, but deffo no eggs!
i`ve got first dibs on your Easter Eggs then

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
So I'm guessing you eat Chicken ??

I think this just proves (to be discussed in depth in "conspiracy theories") that you're the next step up from Neanderthal and won't eat babies.

I always have this discussion with Vegetarians (sorry vegi's it is only a joke) .. That they won't eat meat, but they will eat babies ?

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK

Mix up a basic 5 egg Omelette mix. Add 3/4 to large pan. Add 4 slices of bread. Add rest of the mix. Make Omelette. Eat .. Digest for a while. Ride as hard as you can.

View attachment 53980

If I ate that before I ride, I wouldn’t ride until the next day!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
If I ate that before I ride, I wouldn’t ride until the next day!
You do need a few moments of digestion ! Or the French quick version and drink a "digestive" ...

It was all for nothing .. I forgot my helmet and realised half way there so came back and nobbed about in the garden with the dog instead like @carlbiker needs to :

nobbing.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
So I'm guessing you eat Chicken ??

I think this just proves (to be discussed in depth in "conspiracy theories") that you're the next step up from Neanderthal and won't eat babies.

I always have this discussion with Vegetarians (sorry vegi's it is only a joke) .. That they won't eat meat, but they will eat babies ?
Chicken and eggs have a lot in common, but they are nothing alike! I am an omnivore. I live in a society rich enough to support my likes and dislikes when it comes to food. My father didn't, if he didn't eat cow heel, udder, tripe and the like, he would have died in childhood. As it was he got rickets when he was three.

My favourite question to a veggie is something on the lines of "What about the Eskimos, Masai and the Aborigines?" If they had to survive on veg alone, they would be extinct pretty soon. And then of course there are the Icelanders, Greenlanders, Norwegians, Swedes, Siberians; in fact any community that lives above the Arctic Circle (and I guess below the Antarctic Circle). They survive now because they have modern technology to support greenhouses etc.

I suppose the answer to my Eskimo question would be "we'd ship in veggies to them". Well that's great, but with all the transport costs etc, carbon dioxide production and so forth, it would be a greener solution to move the Eskimos! Then there is the cultural value angle. Are you really going to destroy their culture, just so they meet your own value standards?

Every single person that farms animals, fish, birds etc that eat stuff we can't eat to produce food that we can eat will be out of business. The hill farmers, the fishermen and so forth. Is there even enough land on the planet to grow enough food to feed all the people? Is it even possible for humans to get sufficient nutrition and energy intake to live a full and healthy life without modern assistance in vitamins and other supplements. The Homo Sapiens is an opportunistic omnivore, which is why we have survived. Look at our teeth! Is there such a thing as a veggie baby? Vegetarianism is a lifestyle choice for some. It is not "the answer" for all.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles