Pic of the Day

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
You've no idea how buzzing I was to actually get my bike to a trail centre at last! I couldn't believe the bike didn't fit in the truck bed so after some head scratching I ended up with a treefrog axle mount rack which worked a treat. So much awesomeness in this one picture from today!

IMG_20201224_163624_704.jpg

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
You've no idea how buzzing I was to actually get my bike to a trail centre at last! I couldn't believe the bike didn't fit in the truck bed so after some head scratching I ended up with a treefrog axle mount rack which worked a treat. So much awesomeness in this one picture from today!

View attachment 48085
55A2FEE4-4802-4261-8920-623A83FA6602.jpeg

Looks like you could use this.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
To be honest unless he is going to be transporting more than one bike on a regular basis ..I think he made the right choice ..
I'm trying to guess where that trail centre is with very few clues ? ..Comry ?

Last edited:

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
To be honest unless he is going to be transporting more than one bike on a regular basis ..I think he made the right choice ..
I'm trying to guess where that trail centre is with very few clues ? ..Comry ?
? Correct! Obviously a veteran of the croft!? I did consider a tailgate pad and as easy to use as they are, I wanted to keep the frame etc from rubbing in its own muck all the way home ??

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Not exactly a veteran..Ive only been there once on our way up to Ballater ..
I guess some images are quite deep-rooted ?
For me it was memorable for all the wrong reasons ..I got stomach cramps and had to cut and run from the top to the visitor centre ..which I believe they had to close for six months as it then became a health hazard..?
If I do ever return it will be in disguise as I think I'm still a wanted man with a price on my head ..

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Headed out for a natural ride on the ebikes yesterday.
Started off at -2 with some brutal winds, lots of ice and rock making it pretty sketchy. We even had a little flurry of snow making it feel all festive!
Once we dropped back down the conditions picked up and it was a beautiful day (y)
Reeth, North Yorks

IMG-20201224-WA0053.jpg
IMG-20201224-WA0057.jpg
IMG-20201224-WA0051.jpg
IMG_20201224_114557132_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201224_124133623.jpg
IMG-20201224-WA0038.jpg
IMG-20201224-WA0007.jpg

Merry Christmas!!

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
Headed out for a natural ride on the ebikes yesterday.
Started off at -2 with some brutal winds, lots of ice and rock making it pretty sketchy. We even had a little flurry of snow making it feel all festive!
Once we dropped back down the conditions picked up and it was a beautiful day (y)
Reeth, North Yorks

View attachment 48118 View attachment 48119 View attachment 48120 View attachment 48121 View attachment 48122 View attachment 48123 View attachment 48124

Merry Christmas!!
That’s glove testing weather right there haha??

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
Not exactly a veteran..Ive only been there once on our way up to Ballater ..
I guess some images are quite deep-rooted ?
For me it was memorable for all the wrong reasons ..I got stomach cramps and had to cut and run from the top to the visitor centre ..which I believe they had to close for six months as it then became a health hazard..?
If I do ever return it will be in disguise as I think I'm still a wanted man with a price on my head ..
That’s funny way to go to Ballater?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Perhaps.. but we wanted a "half" day trail centre ride on the way up which we hadn't tackled before..and decided that would be it ..
Its not that unusual when you live midpoint in North Northumberland where its equidistant to head either North East or North West

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Had a nice 26 mile ride this morning making the most of the cold keeping it mostly dry. Didn't quite fancy venturing into the trails as they were bound to be full of puddles.

The more i ride this beast the more i feel the need for better weather and longer days so i can get back to bike park wales and other fun places. It is so much more bike than my 'talent' currently justifies so i need to grow into it. :) Being 5'10 i was right on the line between M/L and went for the smaller bike with the intention of getting the wheels off of the ground.
IMG_20201225_100039.jpg

Last edited:

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
@Doug Stampfer incredible shot mate, looks like you're having some epic rides down there! Makes me want to pack up the car and head for Wanaka ! I've just added Rude Rock to my bucket list ? ?
Thanks. I haven't made it over to bother The Craw in Wanaka as I have run out of time here in Queenstown. There is so much different riding to be had down here, I have ridden the Skyline tracks (rowdy), 7 mile (XC) and gentle bike trails along the rivers but just can't get Rude rock out of my mind- we don't have anything like that where we live- Gonna take the whole family down it tomorrow on the way home.
Luckily the eldest daughter is off to Otago next year so gives me an excuse to come down & try out Glendhu :geek:

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Are you going to make @dobbyhasfriends jealous and make snowjumps ? like snowmen , but flatter and shaped to ride over ! In mere seconds you can try a hundred different variations of jumps which would normally take @dobbyhasfriends many hours with a jigsaw and 10,000m2 of ply !

Oh yes .. MERRY XMAS ! Lucky B4stard !
No way. It's cold. I just rode out there to get a picture. It's still 14 degrees F° today!

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
No way. It's cold. I just rode out there to get a picture. It's still 14 degrees F° today!
You all know I'm joking. Here are more pics from today's RIDE.

My pictures are all from my farm loop. Its sometime boring, riding the same old loops, but better by far than a machine workout. The deer eventually find new sections connecting the existing trails and I follow them.

We hope eventually to offer camping with prepared sights, and access to the trails privately.

20201226_101138.jpg
20201226_095130.jpg
20201226_095004.jpg

I remember when I was a kid (about 35 years old) I informed my Father about how "it never snows in Kentucky." He just laughed, having spent many winter nights sleeping on the ground in a tent at Fort Knox, he knew better.

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
Had a nice 26 mile ride this morning making the most of the cold keeping it mostly dry. Didn't quite fancy venturing into the trails as they were bound to be full of puddles.

The more i ride this beast the more i feel the need for better weather and longer days so i can get back to bike park wales and other fun places. It is so much more bike than my 'talent' currently justifies so i need to grow into it. :) Being 5'10 i was right on the line between M/L and went for the smaller bike with the intention of getting the wheels off of the ground.
View attachment 48181
Nice ? plenty of bb clearance on that too isn’t there ?

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.

View attachment 48181

That looks like a handy place for you to ride.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles