Pic of the Day

TimC7

Ovine Assaulter
Apr 22, 2023
UK
Cracking day in the woods, trails still firm.
20241003_140716~2.jpg
20241003_134449~2.jpg
20241003_145858~2.jpg

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
What on earth are you talking about ?
Winter tyres ..in S.E. England ? 😂
The tyres you have on your bikes will do a more than adequate job ..I've an Assegai on the front of my bike ( stays on all year round) and a Minnion DHF on the rear and yes they get a little clogged up with mud & sheep shit but perform more than adequately in our Autumnal conditions ( winter too for that matter ) ..and I'm far from being a riding God 😂

Bet you also wear summer shorts all through winter and don't put the central heating on until Christmas Day, hard these northerners. :LOL:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Well done Hodge, you’re on form today👍🏻 . Have you had a couple of tins after work?
Just opened the first ..no work today ..
RnR after a toughish ride yesterday ..
Bet you also wear summer shorts all through winter and don't put the central heating on until Christmas Day, hard these northerners. :LOL:
What's central heating ...?? 😂
You picked up completely the wrong gist of my post in so much as the Assegai is an excellent all round tyre ..so no need for " winter" tyres ..but hey don't let me stop you from wasting your money 😉

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Yeah Col ..its Outdooractive ..I pay the yearly subscription for full coverage of GB ..
It's a wee bit temperamental as although my distances are usually similar to the apps of other riders ( eg Strava etc.)... sometimes the ascent figure is way out ( recent Torver ride was 1k short ) ..but I like the fact that it has full OS mapping and you can switch from Landranger to Outdoor Leisure en- route for more detail if needed ..
Cheers mate

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
A local told me that this is duckweed, which can double in size every 2 or 3 days. Who knew? Every day is a school day...........................
That post took me back a lonnnnng time! To when I was 11, or maybe 12.
It was an English class except the English teacher was ill, so the head teacher came instead, but he was a Maths teacher.
One of the questions he asked was about pondweed.

He said pondweed doubles the area it can cover every day.
If it takes 28 days to completely cover a pond, how many days to cover half of it?

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
It was an English class except the English teacher was ill, so the head teacher came instead, but he was a Maths teacher.

If it takes 28 days to completely cover a pond, how many days to cover half of it?
Reminds me on the if it takes a fly a week to take

Reminds me on the one about the Fly crossing the syrup tin .

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Just opened the first ..no work today ..
RnR after a toughish ride yesterday ..

What's central heating ...?? 😂
You picked up completely the wrong gist of my post in so much as the Assegai is an excellent all round tyre ..so no need for " winter" tyres ..but hey don't let me stop you from wasting your money 😉
Nope, picked up the gist of your post perfectly. (y)

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I don't understand why some of the pictures come directly to the message and some go as a link

View attachment 147703

Don't quote me on this, but I think it's down to the file size of the photos I think the forum has some sort of upper size limit for photos, and if they get above about 5mb(?), they display as a link. I noticed it a while back, and started resizing my photos to reduce their file size.
I created a little "shortcut" in iOS that I can just click on the photo (or a pile) and then it asks me what size I want.

Since then, all my pics display embedded in the thread rather than links.

Doesn't help that they keep upgrading the megapixels in every phone each year... which in turn makes your photos file size bigger!

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Don't quote me on this, but I think it's down to the file size of the photos I think the forum has some sort of upper size limit for photos, and if they get above about 5mb(?), they display as a link. I noticed it a while back, and started resizing my photos to reduce their file size.
I created a little "shortcut" in iOS that I can just click on the photo (or a pile) and then it asks me what size I want.

Doesn't help that they keep upgrading the megapixels in every phone each year... which in turn makes your photos file size bigger!
Yes I notice if I try emailing pics the limit is easily reached. But no problem on what's app

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Well just to keep things going we are heading to Glentress next Saturday ..we've also got a trip to fit in with Hobo Mikey who has landed in Northumberland on his way south ..
All good fun 😁
Quite right i am trying to wangle a trip to Gairloch at the start of November , a Halloween party etc but bike would be coming as well. . Have a couple of concerts beforehand so may be pushing it but the wife is coming to one of them so fingers crossed.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
I really enjoyed the blast around Newcastleton today with the boys makes a change not to be covered in sheep and cow shit 💩
The trails were running fast and had good flow about them. Nothing very technical but hey that didn’t matter at all. No pics just my Stava data…….. top speed is a bit optimistic tho.
The weather was great and the 140 mile round trip was enjoyable in the autumn sunshine. Some stunning scenery to take in. Could have sat in the Holly Bush beer garden and drank till I fell off me seat. Cheers Neil.
IMG_8632.jpeg IMG_8631.jpeg
Loved it.

Last edited:

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
I really enjoyed the blast around Newcastleton today with the boys makes a change not to be covered in sheep and cow shit
The trails were running fast and had good flow about them. Nothing very technical but hey that didn’t matter at all. No pics just my Stava data…….. top speed is a bit optimistic tho.
The weather was great and the 140 mile round trip was enjoyable in the autumn sunshine. Some stunning scenery to take in. Could have sat in the Holly Bush beer garden and drank till I fell on me seat. Cheers Neil.
View attachment 147820 View attachment 147821
Loved it.
You motivated me to go check my today's stats.... I don't usually bother looking but remember I had a section I felt was fast ! Jeeeesus I didn't know I was going that fast
Screenshot_20241005-201352.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles