Pic of the Day

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
IMG_4602.JPG

Same here - leg power only on Saturday...

IMG_4628.JPG

20% E-Powah on Sunday! My legs are feeling it today...

Last edited:

Bones

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Out early this morning before going back to base. Biked up Winnats pass, Castleton and then looped around on the old Tarmac road that has a bit of subsidence but fun on the bike. 👍
View attachment 120476
I thought that I recognised that last shot! I see that the tarmac has not got any better in the last ten years. I was there in March 2013 on my Kona Dawg Supreme. It was a damp, and cold day and it got wetter and colder the higher we went! Then the wind got up and one of the lads had a mechanical. It got bloody cold just standing there and I remember taking shelter in one of the bomb holes that litter the moors in that area. (They are not actual holes made by bombs; I suspect that they may have been very old shelters but lacking the conical roof). This was me. To my surprise, I still have those 510's! But everything else I'm wearing or holding has long gone!
Steve at Mam Tor.jpg

Last edited:

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Strange little ride out today, alternative local routes and stumbled across a rumoured devil worshipping area where sacrifices were held ( I knew about this area from a young age ) I had totally forgot it was here as I usually take the Cown edge route.
1000003375_1689710840348.jpg

Did a long wanted climb up Lantern Pike ( the long wanting was far longer than the disappointment of a climb )
1000003377_1689710967821.jpg

1000003377_1689710981200.jpg

Had a "Karen" couple try to tell me I can't ride here !! I kindly explained "that my bike nor myself do not shit all over the path, chase or disrupt the wildlife, leave rubbish laying around or mither other people. We just enjoy the pathways and mind our own business...... You should try it and also get your mut on a lead please" not sure who's tail was tucked more, Karen's or the dog lol.
I respect people's privacy so no pics of the Karens unfortunately but here's my bike
1000003377_1689711020977.jpg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Started our holiday at the beginning of Marshmallow harvesting season in the Okanagan. I tried to go in for a taste test …
IMG_6492.jpeg

Until I saw this.

IMG_6494.jpeg

I blended into my surroundings as best as I could and avoided being caught 😢
IMG_6495.jpeg

On the ride back I helped out a roadie with a flat tire …I know, I know …but he was from Alberta.

TimC7

Ovine Assaulter
Apr 22, 2023
UK
Had a "Karen" couple try to tell me I can't ride here !! I kindly explained "that my bike nor myself do not shit all over the path, chase or disrupt the wildlife, leave rubbish laying around or mither other people. We just enjoy the pathways and mind our own business...... You should try it and also get your mut on a lead please" not sure who's tail was tucked more, Karen's or the dog lol.
Brilliant!

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Took a ride in Swaledale yesterday with @The Hodge @Richywalker64 and Dave ( who I can’t remember his tag on this forum)
The ride took the form of a loop and started at the Dales Cycle Centre, Grinton , up onto Fremington Edge along the top where we played on a couple of “Ard Rock” sections that form part of the course of the event on this weekend at Grinton, then a fantastic decent through the old lead mine workings down to Langthwaite.
Dave and Richy know this area well and between them they come up with a route up onto moor above Gunnerside Gill and an excellent single track decent called “Hush”?
That ended in a near vertical drop onto a very narrow stone bridge stream crossing ….. not for the faint hearted. Climbed back high above Gunnerside Gill for the fast long decent back to Gunnerside. Great trails in desolate but beautiful countryside. Finished with the gentle Swale Trail back to Grinton.
The forecast of rain never materialised which was a bonus.
A coffee and a cake at the cycle centre completed a great day out in excellent company……cheers guys 🤟

IMG_5853.jpeg IMG_5859.jpeg

Neil looking good……and the end of the decent into Langthwaite.

IMG_5856.jpeg

It’s this way…… no it’s that way 🤣

Richy and Dave chewing the fat on all things MTBing IMG_5862.jpeg

IMG_5869.jpeg IMG_5863.jpeg 9b9a50e7-bb7a-4500-83f0-a6c4b26358f5.jpeg

Looking down into Gunnerside Gill and a ruined mine working building.

IMG_5865.jpeg

A truly fine day 👍 was good to catch up again

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Took a ride in Swaledale yesterday with @The Hodge @Richywalker64 and Dave ( who I can’t remember his tag on this forum)
The ride took the form of a loop and started at the Dales Cycle Centre, Grinton , up onto Fremington Edge along the top where we played on a couple of “Ard Rock” sections that form part of the course of the event on this weekend at Grinton, then a fantastic decent through the old lead mine workings down to Langthwaite.
Dave and Richy know this area well and between them they come up with a route up onto moor above Gunnerside Gill and an excellent single track decent called “Hush”?
That ended in a near vertical drop onto a very narrow stone bridge stream crossing ….. not for the faint hearted. Climbed back high above Gunnerside Gill for the fast long decent back to Gunnerside. Great trails in desolate but beautiful countryside. Finished with the gentle Swale Trail back to Grinton.
The forecast of rain never materialised which was a bonus.
A coffee and a cake at the cycle centre completed a great day out in excellent company……cheers guys 🤟

View attachment 120631 View attachment 120632

Neil looking good……and the end of the decent into Langthwaite.

View attachment 120639

It’s this way…… no it’s that way 🤣

View attachment 120634
Richy and Dave chewing the fat on all things MTBing

View attachment 120635 View attachment 120636 View attachment 120637

Looking down into Gunnerside Gill and a ruined mine working building.

View attachment 120638

A truly fine day 👍 was good to catch up again
Can only concur ..it was an excellent ride.
I would have liked to add a few pics myself ..but ..err..I left my phone back at the car 😉

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles