Pic of the Day

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I was clued in to Muc Off's "Silicon Shine" by our dear leader, @Rob Rides EMTB . As well as giving a very slippy and shiny finish it is absolutely great for restoring that dulled down finish that I get on alloy rims when they have been hammered through sand and mud for hundreds of miles. The bike had just been washed and dried when I produced the before and after shots below.

Before Silicon Shine
Rim before Shine.jpg

After Silicon Shine
Rim after Shine.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Billy no mates today ..so went for a play on two of my favourite sections of singletrack ..spent the morning on the Lead Mining trail which takes you up to & beyond Bolts Law as a there & back riding the top half twice ..then this afternoon transported the bike to Blanchland to play on The Carriers Way ..as a there and back ..
The weather was breezy & moody but the trails really dry ..and managed to beat the forecasted rain ..
20230714_115524.jpg

20230714_120545.jpg
20230714_123315.jpg
20230714_123806.jpg
20230714_141241.jpg

Home made white chocolate on top of caramel with a biscuit base ..heart attack incoming ..😁
20230714_141602.jpg

Sure as hell beats working ...
Edit : I SHOULD BE SO LUCKY !!! etc.
Having left the my bike in the back of the car overnight as the rain was biblical when I returned home from riding ..I got up early to give it a quick brush up to find one important part missing ..the front wheel .
To transport the bike in the back of my car this has to come off and is always stood against the nearside rear while lifting the bike in ..I must have had a " moment " yesterday but remember being seriously bugged by a swarm of flies around my head and was in a rush to get into the car to escape the bastard things ..too much of a rush as it happens!
ffwd to the realisation this morning of what I'd done and the totally sick to the pit of my stomach feeling ..( the missus didn't give me too much of a hard time when she looked at me ) ..and I was on my way back to the car park at Blanchland with the faint hope that the wheel might still be there ..
My grateful thanks ❤️ to the person who put the wheel in the grass next to the parking space I had been in ..and further thanks to those who must have seen it but left it where it was ...to say I felt euphoric would be an understatement 😁...and maybe the lucky heather I attached to the bars on my ride had something to do with it ..
20230714_120352.jpg

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I was clued in to Muc Off's "Silicon Shine" by our dear leader, @Rob Rides EMTB . As well as giving a very slippy and shiny finish it is absolutely great for restoring that dulled down finish that I get on alloy rims when they have been hammered through sand and mud for hundreds of miles. The bike had just been washed and dried when I produced the before and after shots below.

Before Silicon Shine
View attachment 120173

After Silicon Shine
View attachment 120174
Steve ..you can get the same finish with any silicone based product GT 85 as one example ..and dare I say it your own personal " favorite " WD40 ..applied to a cloth first ..😉😁

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway

Before Silicon Shine
View attachment 120173

After Silicon Shine
View attachment 120174
I
Can you ride there in winter or is all that under snow?
Inside the forest there is far too much snow, but the paths are fine since they are plowed by tractors

BIG-DUKE-6

Feb 21, 2023
Usa
Taking a vacation at Raystown Lake in central Pennsylvania so I got a couple days on the Allegrippis trail system.

View attachment 120138

No ebikes allowed so I had to take my analog hardtail.

View attachment 120141
Most of the trails are not rocky like this, they are fast and flowy but who stops to take pictures when you’re flying downhill?

View attachment 120143

View attachment 120140

Ridge trail out to the view point.

View attachment 120142

Besides being hot and humid in July, the insects were very agressive. Could not stop to take rests without getting swarmed; even got swarmed on slow climbs. Need to come back here in the fall. And maybe petition the Army Corps of Engineers (who is in charge of this site) to allow e-bikes. View attachment 120139
While the ACE does not allow e-bikes as long as you behave it’s not enforced. I’ll be there next weekend on my e-bike.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
Discovery tour by GPS planning in unknown territorium.

Fishelevator
IMG_2519.jpeg

Start of a nice long trail. Warm up section…..
IMG_2527.jpeg

Wrong turn following a fading trail down a hill deeper and deeper into the woods. Does not help if GPS shows a trail where no trail is. Good to find the signs (plastic bands wrapped on fallen branches) in the woods showing way out. Thx to Hansel & Gretel!
IMG_2534.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles