Pic of the Day

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
A few pics from this evening's ride out of Alwinton , Northumberland with @The EMF & @timberjack ..or Wayne & Ant if you prefer..
Wayne ( front ) & Ant climbing up Middle Hill..
Screenshot_20230726_213807_Photos.jpg

Wayne starting the climb up Pass Peth left as it was taken for scale having started after myself & Ant for his own pics ..
20230726_190353.jpg

The Upper Coquetdale Valley..the faint line running away from the trees in the middle ground is the bridleway from Shilmoor..very entertaining as the bracken was chest high in places , riding blind and the track off-camber ..great fun 😁
20230726_190359.jpg

Ant taking in the view
Screenshot_20230726_213652_Photos.jpg

Wayne rounding the last corner ..
Screenshot_20230726_213546_Photos.jpg

Down all the way now to a pint of the dark stuff in the Rose & Thistle after another cracker of a ride 👌
Cheers lads

Last edited:

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Following on from @The Hodge ride description with myself and
@timberjack i can only agree what a cracking mid week ride it was. Every where looking nice and green after days of rain, the trails were surprisingly dry though. A few pics of the boys doing their thaang. You will have to expand the last pic’s to capture Neil and Ant climbing Pass Peth, the last big climb.
Only downside was the swarms of flies every time you stopped, little gits

IMG_5904.jpeg IMG_5900.jpeg IMG_5897.jpeg IMG_5902.jpeg IMG_5908.jpeg IMG_5907.jpeg

Last edited:

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Last ride before my Op on Tuesday. 16 miler up, around and down from Jubilee Tower, Darwen and Roddlesworth...

Rise at Jubilee Tower.jpg

After all these years of riding up to it, I never went in so remedied that and took a pic of my bike from the top... Mine's the one on the left! ;-)
View Down from Jubilee Tower.jpg

Also reasonable view of Pendle Hill from the Tower...
Pendle Hill.jpg

Didn't see any witches! :-(

So 16 miles, 1250 kCals, 2600ft of climbing.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Last ride before my Op on Tuesday. 16 miler up, around and down from Jubilee Tower, Darwen and Roddlesworth...

View attachment 121500
After all these years of riding up to it, I never went in so remedied that and took a pic of my bike from the top... Mine's the one on the left! ;-)
View attachment 121501
Also reasonable view of Pendle Hill from the Tower...
View attachment 121502
Didn't see any witches! :-(

So 16 miles, 1250 kCals, 2600ft of climbing.
Hope all goes well on Tuesday 👍

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
European common viper that is poisonous. Although not fatal for a healthy person.
Ladder without L? ;)

Don“t run one over. Interesting that it is now protected by Finish law:
„New nature protection legislation will come into force at the beginning of June that will make the viper a protected species for the first time in Finland.
In the future, people will no longer be permitted to kill vipers without reasonable cause, nor may these snakes be disturbed in their natural habitats.“

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
I was going to ride yesterday but there was just a tad too much precip..and while I'm not bothered at all if it rains when I'm out there ..I hate starting off with it already raining ..so took another day off today and headed up to Kielder my local "trail centre" ..spent my time on the last section of the red "twist & shout" x2..then did the Osprey Trail ..which is a blue trail and in my opinion ( biased )..the best trail centre blue I've ridden ...spoilt only by the fact that the budget ran out before it could be completed ..but the link up forest road section isn't too bad and a new vista has opened up after recent felling ..where you can now view Kielder Castle from above ..
I rode the last section of this trail x3 times by taking the forest road from where it meets the Lakeside Way and climbing back up to the maintenance access track at the top ..a bit naughty 😜
Anyway a few pics ..and the first one of a couple of lads who I met at Twist & Shout ..over from Cumbria ..
They seemed interested in maybe joining the forum ...
20230803_103943.jpg

The view of Kielder Castle from near to the Osprey Chick section ..( still closed ) Zoom in

20230803_110917.jpg

Why have I taken a picture of these trees ? ..well when this trail was first built there was a clear view across the valley to the Lonesome Pine Trail..just shows how time flies ..
20230803_113137.jpg

Fams Bridge & the stream below
20230803_114859.jpg

This section of trail just flows so well..from this point down ( Squirrel Nut Pines) to the Lakeside Way ..
If it had a few " features " it would be a " red " ..but so skinny is the singletrack that it would probably spoil things ..give it a try if you are in the area ..you won't be disappointed.. 20230803_114828.jpg 20230803_115503.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles