Pic of the Day

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Ben Rinnes this morning 840 mtrs. Up the back doon the front then reversed the route back to the van. Managed a dozen free range eggs on way back in van Β£2 buying not eating . And seein as its Whisky festival in Dufftown this week I endulged as I'm off to Arran this weekend sadly no Ebike though.

20230426_114643.jpg 20230426_105805.jpg 20230426_110847.jpg 20230426_154609.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Ben Rinnes this morning 840 mtrs. Up the back doon the front then reversed the route back to the van. Managed a dozen free range eggs on way back in van Β£2 buying not eating . And seein as its Whisky festival in Dufftown this week I endulged as I'm off to Arran this weekend sadly no Ebike though.

View attachment 112800 View attachment 112801 View attachment 112802 View attachment 112803
Love Arran ..but never been without the bike ..never on an ebike though

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
That way up the hill looks like a reaaaaal challenge! Respect!

πŸ‘

Love Arran ..but never been without the bike ..never on an ebike though
I didn't fancy the 5 hour drive or the cost . Mega bus for me Β£1 sleeping in Corrie villagehall Β£ 10 a night not that im greedy yiken.. Someone will have a bike to borrow 25 are going. I've never been before so looking forward to it.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
That way up the hill looks like a reaaaaal challenge! Respect! πŸ‘πŸ₯ƒ
Other side was more technical I should have took pictures. Its a popular walking route so has loads of step sections. You just traverse over the heather at a easier angle. Snow was a surprise.

penguinni

E*POWAH Snack Master
Subscriber
Jun 22, 2020
Bangor, N Ireland
Bangor, N Ireland quite recently.

Another very enjoyable but wet and slippery pootle around my local trails. Everytime I ride my bike I realise how much I love getting out and how important it is to me.

Top Tip # 1 - if anyone is using Marzocchi Z2s I strongly recommend checking the lowers for oil and adding O rings. I have never touched forks until yesterday when I took the headstaggers and serviced my Z2. Very straightforward and fitting O rings was a cinch. Bit surprised at lack of oil in lowers but adding 10 ml, O rings and a slap of Honey Butter has totally transformed the forks.

Top Tip #2 - when following your chum across a muddy, slippy, wet and smelly ditch, keep a sensible distance between him and you.

Another grand day out and as usual preparation is key.

IMG_6317.jpeg
IMG_6320.jpeg
IMG_6325.jpeg

Last edited:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Bangor, N Ireland quite recently.

Another very enjoyable but wet and slippery pootle around my local trails. Everytime I ride my bike I realise how much I love getting out and how important it is to me.

Top Tip # 1 - if anyone is using Marzocchi Z2s I strongly recommend checking the lowers for oil and adding O rings. I have never touched forks until yesterday when I took the headstaggers and serviced my Z2. Very straightforward and fitting O rings was a cinch. Bit surprised at lack of oil in lowers but adding 10 ml, O rings and a slap of Honey Butter has totally transformed the forks.

Top Tip #2 - when following your chum across a muddy, slippy, wet and smelly ditch, keep a sensible distance between him and you.

Another grand day out and as usual preparation is key.

View attachment 112883 View attachment 112884 View attachment 112885
Is that a before ye go breakfast or a fin yi get back ane ? . Or do you have both .

DeRailled7

Oct 27, 2021
Calgary, Canada
Anyone ever ride their bike on those Cycle routes that incorporate those stupid choke points? one side is for bicycles and next to it is like a jump for horses to go across... bars too wide to ride through them .....

I went through about 6 of them today...
View attachment 112162

Went up this hill for the view, that Viaduct I guess was at one point for trains but now it's just part of a cycle route
View attachment 112163
Small lake but kinda scenic and nice
View attachment 112164

Here fishy fishies
View attachment 112165
Was basically a touring style ride, but some of it was proper trail like, mostly just dusty cycle paths though.
37.3miles and still had 31% batter when I got back home :O kinda crazy, 750watt battery and Bosch CX in tour+ mostly but I did around 5 miles in EMTB/Turbo when it was a bit of a climb.

Mostly boring and flat
View attachment 112166
I actually fell off at one point and scotched the top tube of my bike a bit :( there was a steep hill heading down with 2 stupid posts either side of the narrow muddy path, then a stupid metal fence with a gap about as wide as a house door.. and you know what these 780mm wide bars do when you try and ride through... I was holding the brakes then did a benny hill fall to the side going about 1mph, couldn't put my damn feet down.. probably should have lowered the seat for the descent...
how some cycle routes are designed is just ridiculous. I'm talking proper cycle routes with signs telling you the destination as well... why incorporate so much anti cyclist crap on them?
We’ve got these β€˜calming’ barriers here as well
IMG_4890.jpeg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles