Orbea Rise Ship Dates Slipping?

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
Yes, as an update, the Rise deliveries do seem to be slipping, to the US at least. My April delivery date is now May. Just more of the same, supply chain fiasco occurring world-wide, although I was told that orders to North America were shipped air freight, but a knock-on effect might be affecting all shipping methods.

Yes, both sea freight and air freight have been massively disrupted. Can take many days to book space on a plane right now. Hope you get your bike soon.

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
I'm sure - but if it's components rather than frames that doesn't explain why the *order* of production of our two frames changed (and has stayed changed). Also, Orbea in theory know which frames are already sold to customers (UK prices went up so had to confirm with Orbea to keep 'at time of order' price) yet seems to be the odd frame shipping out to sit on a shop floor while sold bikes (of exact same spec) still wait for delivery.

Changing order will probably be a shift to the production planning. Maybe the boat with M frames on got stuck in the Suez, while the boat with XL on took the detour round Africa. Or maybe the frame factory shipped M earlier than expected.

I wouldn't be certain that Orbea know whether shops have sold through their stock. Obviously they will know if they have sold direct that it's going to an end user. Tough one really, earliest order first is on paper the fairest way, but that can encourage shops to speculate and just lead to more unhappy customers. There will be global allocation arguments too - don't know if Orbea have regional distribution but if they do this can cause further disruption.

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
My M10 is scheduled for the first week in May, so I will see. Purchased through Jensen. Less than 2 weeks ago a Medium in white showed up at Jensen for sale.

Andyzim

Apr 21, 2021
Uk
I was told a couple of weeks ago that my medium m20 was expected to leave the factory today (22nd) on route to the UK. I've not chased for an update since so will be interesting to see when it turns up.

Andyzim

Apr 21, 2021
Uk
I was told a couple of weeks ago that my medium m20 was expected to leave the factory today (22nd) on route to the UK. I've not chased for an update since so will be interesting to see when it turns up.

As an update, my order (from e-bikeshop.co.uk) has slipped, seems like due to the factory not having the frames. Was supposed to ship from factory on 22nd April, now estimated middle of May. I've actually looked to see if I can find one (or an M10 instead even) elsewhere but it's impossible.

Last edited:

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
In the US, my first week of May delivery has been pushed back one month to first week in June. Luckily I still have my normal/analog bike to ride, so I’m not losing any sleep over the wait.

GizmoSL

Dec 15, 2020
San Antonio Texas
My delivery date is now May, changed from April. Some dealers don't have any real info, or don't share it. I had contacted a customer rep at Orbea in in Mallabia when I first decided to buy one and she was very helpful and friendly, so I decided to reach out to see if she would tell me what's going on. It seems that electronic components are the main holdup. Prices have risen dramatically and supplies are spotty. So the delays are likely to continue all year.

FaltfootDon

Nov 11, 2021
Coventry
I ordered my Orbea back December 2020 and was told August 2021 delivery, all bikes were out of stock with nothing expected till June 201, hence why I decided to go with orbea as they earliest shipping dates. August came, they pushed back 2 weeks, another 2 weeks they pushed back end of Sept, then mid Oct, then pushed back to end of oct, last week they were supposed to deliver my bike as they provided a shipping date, never arrived. They advised it would be with me at beginning of this week and still nothing and they have gone quiet with just a "we'll let you know once we have the bike at the shop". I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order and buying a used Santa Cruz. I have been desperate to get back biking as sold my 2 bikes during lockdown as was furloughed.

Schnipps

May 12, 2021
Newcastle
I ordered my Orbea back December 2020 and was told August 2021 delivery, all bikes were out of stock with nothing expected till June 201, hence why I decided to go with orbea as they earliest shipping dates. August came, they pushed back 2 weeks, another 2 weeks they pushed back end of Sept, then mid Oct, then pushed back to end of oct, last week they were supposed to deliver my bike as they provided a shipping date, never arrived. They advised it would be with me at beginning of this week and still nothing and they have gone quiet with just a "we'll let you know once we have the bike at the shop". I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order and buying a used Santa Cruz. I have been desperate to get back biking as sold my 2 bikes during lockdown as was furloughed.
That’s mad, there seems to be stock everywhere I was I start fitness today in Newcastle uk and they had all sorts in, rise, santas, loads of hard tails, nukeproof, cube, I would bin it off and get something else.

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire

You can use their site to check for stock at dealers. Orbea Rider Connect

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
FWIW, I had a m10 ordered for a few months that had a deliver/ship date of 11/17 to 11/28. That delivery date has now slipped to mid january. I also had a contact at a major online retailer in the us that sells orbea bikes, and they had a shipment of rise bikes that was supposed to arrive this week, get pushed to january as well.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles