Orbea Rise M10 First Look at the lightweight rocket ship!

Manitunc

May 18, 2020
Florida
If the scale was off by 100-200g, that seems reasonable. My LTD at 17.14kg has 1 or 2 other bobs on it (phone holder, RideWrap) heavier grips, and heavier bars that I didn't factor in as well. I'm on a gram hunting mission with this bike so it was a little threatening to see a much heavier spec looking that light! :p

I am hoping to get mine down to ~16.7 kg with reasonable upgrades and still keeping the bike functional (given that the LTD is more "down-country" than "enduro-y" on the trail bike spectrum). This is without pedals, just to keep the numbers consistent with the rest of the thread.

You know what's crazy? The stock LTD tires. The front Rekon is a 29x2.6 that weighs 790g. It's a GIANT tire, measuring 65mm wide on the 25mm rims. The rear tire is a Rekon 29x2.4 that weighs 880g. Both are EXO, so the rear has no better sidewall protection and certainly worse pinch protection. They would have been better off in the weight weenie wars putting another 2.6 on the rear, plus then you could ride at lower pressures. For a bike where they seemed to sweat every gram (foam grips, composite brake levers, 125mm dropper, a 100g saddle!) they sure dropped the ball on tires. I suppose in the end it doesn't matter because these tires are terrible anyway :)
The recon 2.4 is 60tpi. The 2.6 is 120 tpi. The 2.4 is the heaviest Recon.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles