Orbea Rise , anyone seen one yet ?

Any heavy Orbea Rise owners out there? I weigh 110kg / 240lbs with gear & I'm considering getting a Rise. I'm used to riding my Levo with a 700wh battery.

How do other heavy guys like me find the range on the Rise? And can you keep up with normal eBikes on your Rise? And/or do your batteries run out before theirs do?

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Any heavy Orbea Rise owners out there? I weigh 110kg / 240lbs with gear & I'm considering getting a Rise. I'm used to riding my Levo with a 700wh battery.

How do other heavy guys like me find the range on the Rise? And can you keep up with normal eBikes on your Rise? And/or do your batteries run out before theirs do?

I am fairly heavy at 95 kg kitted up and also have a rise and a Levo

I would say firstly you Definitely notice the power difference between the levo and the rise after I have ridden the Levo I always struggle to adjust to the lack of power the rise gives although it does give a good amount of power they will never match for Levo

Easiest way to describe it if I went out on the Levo was in eco Mode all day on the rise I would need to be in the middle Trail mode to get an equal kind of experience

So general riding around I would be in eco-mode on the levo but I would be on trail mode on the rise

As for the range it’s hard to say as I’ve not had the rise long enough yesterday I did 20 miles in Trail mode and used 40% of the battery

Absolutely love the rise however it won’t match to shear power of the Levo if you’re used to this

Hope this helps

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Not a great deal to be honest with you

i am also planning to fit a range extender to mine so with that I would guess I would guess the bike would be around 19 kgs ish so possibly only 3 kgs lighter than the Levo

The rise is a great bike and great for giving me a nice workout

I think the thing is no matter what bike it is you get used to the power / assistance it’s giving so if your used to a full fat it’s always a bit of a shock riding a lesser Power ebike

enewb

Apr 2, 2021
California
A bit of California desert exploring...and LOVING this thing!!

6C6BE911-E40E-4DA3-AF6B-859374653D14.jpeg

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
Truly the mañana bike. Ours were due Jan + Feb, then Feb and March. Then 'worst case' by the end of March. Still waiting but getting ever more excited.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Truly the mañana bike. Ours were due Jan + Feb, then Feb and March. Then 'worst case' by the end of March. Still waiting but getting ever more excited.
Worth the wait , love mine , had a cracking mainly singletrack ride on it Friday , it flies and wasn't wanting for much more power than eco set at 24nm . Odd trail mode blast which is set at 42nm . 2 and half hours riding used 60% battery

enewb

Apr 2, 2021
California
Day 2 of desert exploring and the Rise continues to amaze.

If you are currently waiting for your Rise, hopefully it arrives soon, or if you are on the fence about ordering- do it! :)

I won’t comment on battery range/power vs ff and such bc most of you have logged many more miles than me- I’ve only charged once, 100mi on odometer, but I do have a few takeaways on ride feel which is most important to me. Traditionally I like a playful setup; fun, lively, poppy all those key words. And the Rise is that... even at my indicated 41lb. Soon to go on diet after the new fork is announced this week and a tire change, but again in my short duration of ownership, it just feels natural. Like a bolt action rifle or a 90s Honda stick shift car with its mechanical linkage shifter, the Rise feel is welcome and familiar.

It has no weird quirks, it fits well, geo is spot on, it turns, it leans, it shreds berms, is nimble on slow speed maneuvers on tight-steeps, is not overwhelmed on harsh repeated roots, is equally supportive on small pebbles to huge boulders... it does everything I’ve asked.

Oh yeah and the motor attached to the bottom of it, it’s awesome! Hence my user name, I’m new to ebikes- but having that extra power, may it be if you are older, have an old injury, tired, use for x-training with other wheeled sports, or a sole bike... having that extra power + the ride quality I’ve described which is practically a NORMAL bike, well with the Rise you truly have the best of both worlds!

Cheers Orbea, you’ve made a great bike!
E80C1606-3C3F-4DD1-8116-D55AEA617505.jpeg

Last edited:

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Day 2 of desert exploring and the Rise continues to amaze.

If you are currently waiting for your Rise, hopefully it arrives soon, or if you are on the fence about ordering- do it! :)

I won’t comment on battery range/power vs ff and such bc most of you have logged many more miles than me- I’ve only charged once, 100mi on odometer, but I do have a few takeaways on ride feel which is most important to me. Traditionally I like a playful setup; fun, lively, poppy all those key words. And the Rise is that..even at my indicated 41lb. Soon to go on diet after the new fork is announced this week and a tire change, but again in my short duration of ownership, it just feels natural.
Like a bolt action rifle or the feel of a 90s Honda stick shift car with its mechanical linkage shifter, the Rise feel is welcome and familiar.

It has no weird quirks, it fits well, geo is spot on, it turns, it leans, it shreds berms, is nimble on slow speed maneuvers on tight-steeps, is not overwhelmed on harsh repeated roots, is equally supportive on small pebbles to huge boulders... it does everything I’ve asked.

Oh yeah and the motor attached to the bottom of it, it’s awesome! Hence my user name, I’m new to ebikes- but having that extra power, may it be if you are older, have an old injury, tired, use for x-training with other wheeled sports, or a sole bike... having that extra power + the ride quality I’ve described which is practically a NORMAL bike, well with the Rise you truly have the best of both worlds!

Cheers Orbea, you’ve made a great bike! View attachment 58977
What new fork are you going with?

enewb

Apr 2, 2021
California
Enewb what is the length of the Zeb? Did you use a longer rear to match it?

The Zeb is 150mm travel. I haven’t checked its AC or Orbea’s max allowed AC, but I did measure change in bb which is published at 336mm and mine at 339mm.

Rides just fine, not overly slack or funny feeling. The rear is stock factory setup, not overshocked.

The new Fox 34 will be in 140mm travel :)

Chaser

Dec 22, 2020
The North (UK)
The Rise was definitely high on my list but the LBS couldn't get hold of any this year. I've gone the opposite way due to availability and bought the Vitus E Sommet VRS. It's a beast but it'll mean I'm on an eMTB by the end of this month and also I'll get an idea of whether I like Eebs and whether a lesser powered/lighter bike would be best.

Last edited:

enewb

Apr 2, 2021
California
I guess I’m officially an ebiker now! :ROFLMAO:
Had my first ride with some mates and here are some of my findings.

None of this is very scientific so take with it as you may. We are all around the same weight and fitness level. The Norco sight I believe has a 630wh battery and the Kenevo 500wh battery and both are derestricted with 28mph max speed assist. My Rise was on profile 1-factory settings. We did about 15mi/4300ft.

On the climbs both friends were slightly ahead and were relaxed, easily spinning away enjoying ebike life. Me with Rise, I thoroughly enjoyed assist (again this is my first ebike), but definitely had to work harder than them to get up the same hills. No biggie bc we all know this was the concept with Orbea RS.

On the descents, no contest. The Rise being an easy 10-12lb less than both Sight and Kenevo, I left them in the dust! This particular ride I took with proving ground type mentality and it sure did pass. Steeps, nasty chunk, high speed maneuverability- CHECK. Flow, berms, jumps, fun jibby lines- CHECK.

Although no bike is perfect, the only con, if I can even call it that is the documented Shimano rattle. I don’t mind the rattle, but it certainly is there whether you are going slow or warp speed through roots and other trail chatter. If you want a silent rattle free ride- it’s not the Rise.

I can’t compare battery life with the Kenevo as he didn’t start with a fully charged battery, but my remaining battery did line up with the Sight 630wh battery. Toward the end he told me when had 3/5 bars left, and shortly after mine ticked the same 3/5 bars.

In short, I’ll take less battery, work harder up hills for a bike that’s 10-12lb lighter and that absolutely GETS IT on the descents!

9B73D796-2E89-4765-B47A-BF97FBF70CA6.jpeg

Last edited:

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida

W/gear I am 113kG and ride an M10 XL and have almost never used turbo on option 2 default. I really move out in tour mode and that is riding w/FF turbo Levo’

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
They are probably awesome but come with a hefty price. Go for it and report back!

These are the new $1350 Control wheels, not the $2500-$2700 SL wheels. $1,350 for carbon wheels is a really good price, although the savings all comes from the cheapy hubs in this case, as the rim is the same.

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
These are the new $1350 Control wheels, not the $2500-$2700 SL wheels. $1,350 for carbon wheels is a really good price, although the savings all comes from the cheapy hubs in this case, as the rim is the same.

Aah, true. I was thinking about the SL wheels. They might be too light and fragile for our eMTBs?

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Cool! Do you notice any difference with these, like in acceleration?

Not really. I got them because they're 320g lighter than the stock wheels and a bit wider (29mm vs 26mm). I'm surprised how well they ride though, very direct. Not overly stiff, a "good" stiff. Very nice for such lightweight wheels. I prefer DT Swiss internals too. But do they feel significantly different than the stock wheels? Eh not really :) But I like when my scale says the bike is 37.92 lbs :p

One review complained the front bearings wore out pretty fast, so we'll see how that goes. They look like they might be quite small but I haven't pulled the caps to see what size.

ReVolt

Jun 10, 2019
London
Had my first minor spillage on the Rise yesterday and completely my fault. Got to the top of a steep chute and bottled it but slipped and went OTB at zero speed. Landed a little down the slope, fine still in one piece, then smack, the bike flipped and landed on my head, thanks bike ! Luckily had just bought a full face so the pedal skimmed the chin bar rather than taking a chunk out of my lip. More importantly the Rise is unscathed only some scratches on the bars. Luckily nobody saw such an embarrassing comedy of errors but couldn’t hide my bruises later from the wife so had to confess all???.

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
I'm sure you got those wounds from saving a young child from an attacking bear...at least that what my wife would have heard.
Glad the bike didn't get damaged. That's always my main concern after I assess that all body parts are attached and functioning. A small gash here and there will heal just fine with maybe a cool scar left over for bragging rights if I'm lucky.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles