Orbea Rise , anyone seen one yet ?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Sorry to hear that. I think bike dealers are learning from contractors. "We'll have your house done in four weeks"....three months later, same time estimate.... four more weeks. Hopefully not any longer for you.

Only two weeks during a global pandemic just past the holidays is a “win” in my book!

TorAtle

Aug 4, 2018
OSLO
4 rides in I can confirm that the EP8RS is considerably more powerful than the SL1.1. It is also less noisy and feels natural to ride. So far very impressed. Beautiful bike. My M10 weighs 18.6kg with pedals and a lightweight (1550g) set of wheels with tubeless Ice Spiker Pros.

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
4 rides in I can confirm that the EP8RS is considerably more powerful than the SL1.1. It is also less noisy and feels natural to ride. So far very impressed. Beautiful bike. My M10 weighs 18.6kg with pedals and a lightweight (1550g) set of wheels with tubeless Ice Spiker Pros.

Would you say the Rise is more like an SL or more like a traditional eMTB in how the ride feels?

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Would you say the Rise is more like an SL or more like a traditional eMTB in how the ride feels?
It's whatever you want it to be . The new Etube ride app allows you to alter the character and power of the motor . You get 2 profiles , you can dial it all down for say a planned long day to give you maximum battery range and save that as profile 1 . Profile 2 you could turn right up to max for those shorter rides where you know you haven't got to worry about range and just want to blast it . In short it fills the middle ground between an SL and a full power ebike . It's never going to match a full power ebike for out and out power , that's obvious . I'm terms of feel it feels light and nimble to ride , surprisingly so . The way it's tuned encourages you to put in the effort , the more you give the more it rewards you and it's best above a cadence of 75 rpm , the only factor I'm struggling with because I have a habit to plod in a bigger gear lol .

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
I assume that these long waits are for the MYO program of custom paint etc. Correct? I got a Rise that was a standard paint and build. There is no way I could wait 6-9 months. I'd spontaneously explode from the anxiety. I was at the shop yesterday with my son picking up his Wild and the owner said he was getting at least 25 rises in this month and had a total of 90 coming for the year. These are all pre-orders from the shop so nothing custom. He said he'll actually have a longer wait for Wilds that Rises only because that's how he pre-ordered for this year.
By the way, about the weight questions, my Large M10 build weighs in at almost exactly 40 lbs (18.2 Kg) with tubeless setup and pedals on.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
I assume that these long waits are for the MYO program of custom paint etc. Correct? I got a Rise that was a standard paint and build. There is no way I could wait 6-9 months. I'd spontaneously explode from the anxiety. I was at the shop yesterday with my son picking up his Wild and the owner said he was getting at least 25 rises in this month and had a total of 90 coming for the year. These are all pre-orders from the shop so nothing custom. He said he'll actually have a longer wait for Wilds that Rises only because that's how he pre-ordered for this year.
By the way, about the weight questions, my Large M10 build weighs in at almost exactly 40 lbs (18.2 Kg) with tubeless setup and pedals on.

yes. mine is a custom LTD.

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Let’s not expect everyone’s made in china weight scales to be dead on!!!!

Exactly! Scales don't all have perfect accuracy. There are many factors in weighing things too. If the relative humidity is high, (unlike where I live that is very dry) the bike will weigh heavier due to the added moisture in the air that accumulates on the bike and even in the tires. It can add up to 0.002 grams to the weight!
Just messing with you. I'm far from a weight weenie. I was hoping the bike would be about 40 lbs, and I'm happy that it landed right about on that number. I can also stand to lose a couple pounds from my gut....ok, maybe more than just a couple. If i eat one less cheeseburger a week, that would bring the bike/rider weight combo down a bit more. I also carry everything short of a generator and compressor in my hydration pack so I could stand to thin that our a little too. But......I loooove cheeseburgers and I'm too OCD to take tools out of my bag, so I guess I'm stuck with my weight combo.

brendand

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary, Canada
I ordered the standard Coal Blue M10 XL. Nothing custom. I liked the colour and didn't want to have any extra wait times for a custom colour combination. So I figured I was ordering pure stock with no extras. But still, not available to me until July. It's so annoying to have to wait so long.

luna87824

E*POWAH Master
Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
How much does the battery weight or how much does your bike weight without the battery?

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Gave my Rise a clean and degrease today ready for fitting an Invisframe kit tomorrow. Whilst doing it I popped the chainstay guard up , I'd thought it was glued on . Couldn't believe the amount of crap underneath it , something to bare in mind and do occasionally.

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Gave my Rise a clean and degrease today ready for fitting an Invisframe kit tomorrow. Whilst doing it I popped the chainstay guard up , I'd thought it was glued on . Couldn't believe the amount of crap underneath it , something to bare in mind and do occasionally.

Good point. Thanks. I assumed it was glued on too. Definitely good to do if you ride in a lot of muck. I ride mostly in super dry moon dust.

dlgis

Jan 23, 2021
UK
Had my first ride out on my new M10 (first emtb) today, what a hoot :). I started with the recommended shock setting for 30% sag, but was blowing thru the travel pretty quickly so added another 10-15 psi. A little better but still blowing thru the travel on moderate jumps. So i‘ll try fitting the larger volume spacer that came in the box and see if that helps. Anyone else found the recommended settings too low?

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Had my first ride out on my new M10 (first emtb) today, what a hoot :). I started with the recommended shock setting for 30% sag, but was blowing thru the travel pretty quickly so added another 10-15 psi. A little better but still blowing thru the travel on moderate jumps. So i‘ll try fitting the larger volume spacer that came in the box and see if that helps. Anyone else found the recommended settings too low?

Did you actually measure the sag? That's the correct way to do it.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Does the medium come with different volume spacers in the box ? Didn't get any with mine when shop handed it over .

dlgis

Jan 23, 2021
UK
Does the medium come with different volume spacers in the box ? Didn't get any with mine when shop handed it over .
I can’t see why you wouldn’t get one with a M. It’s grey in colour and apparently twice the width of the standard one that you replace it with. I will prob fit it before having another go at sag.

dlgis

Jan 23, 2021
UK
Also there’s a purple coloured metal sag measurement device in the box that screws in somewhere, but as yet I’ve not worked out where ?
B7ED0366-FD2E-4DC8-8157-3DF0BF97D0BC.jpeg

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I'll mention it when it goes for its first free check , i don't feel I need it at the moment but given current restrictions I've not ridden it anywhere challenging yet .

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Yes i did, but may have got it wrong in the excitement of trying to get a new bike ready. I’ll redo it tomorrow and see whether that gives a different result. ?

Make sure you set it fully geared up including water! Enjoy that awesome bike. I’m jealous.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles