Orbea Rise , anyone seen one yet ?

brendand

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary, Canada

if its on the site, they have it in stock

I asked them, but they won't ship to Canada. Also the duties on a fully assembled bike to Canada are over 13%, so that's too much. I'll just have to wait and wait and wait...

Cbmojo

May 20, 2020
USA
Anybody using the STunlocker app on the rs motor? I dont care about "de-restriction" but I see you can actually move the sliders around the power and torque of the motor (to push the 60nm limit up)...I have connected and used the app for data but have not tried to change the parameters of the motor.

Smythey

Sep 28, 2019
Norwich
Anybody using the STunlocker app on the rs motor? I dont care about "de-restriction" but I see you can actually move the sliders around the power and torque of the motor (to push the 60nm limit up)...I have connected and used the app for data but have not tried to change the parameters of the motor.
Why do you need to use stunlocker to add more power in

I thought Shimano E-TUBE apps let’s you change the torque in each mode
it’s good to know stunlocker works on the Ep8 rs

Cbmojo

May 20, 2020
USA
Etube only references the parameters set by the manufacturer. The torque is capped at 60 but the ep8 is capable of 85nm...There have been a lot of conversations around why Orbea doesn't let the consumer decide on the amount of torque vs battery consumption. ie, it should potentially be our choice if we want to run down the battery in 30 min running it at 85nm?...I really don't know its just a question/discussion...I get the engineering, design and efficiency of the sum of the parts but if you want 85nm shouldn't you be able to have it? So back to the original question will STUnlocker "jailbreak" the RS to give you 85nm if you want it?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Mines doing the same thing, any success yet? I started a new post to try and help people get this resolved, but dont have any answers!

The issue is really with Garmin add-on architecture, not Orbea. The Orbea Rise toolbox is what Garmin calls a "data field", not an app. As such, you need to add the "data field" to one of the "activity" displays on your Garmin watch/device. Once you get that sorted, you'll be good to go. Just remember NOT to configure any other data fields or apps that connect to the bike.

Smythey

Sep 28, 2019
Norwich
Etube only references the parameters set by the manufacturer. The torque is capped at 60 but the ep8 is capable of 85nm...There have been a lot of conversations around why Orbea doesn't let the consumer decide on the amount of torque vs battery consumption. ie, it should potentially be our choice if we want to run down the battery in 30 min running it at 85nm?...I really don't know its just a question/discussion...I get the engineering, design and efficiency of the sum of the parts but if you want 85nm shouldn't you be able to have it? So back to the original question will STUnlocker "jailbreak" the RS to give you 85nm if you want it?

So are you saying in the stunlocker app we are able to change the power from 60NM to the 85NM

I know what the E tube app is designed for and I know all about the stunlocker app which I will be using to change the speed from the 15.5mph to 20mph

Smythey

Sep 28, 2019
Norwich

also isn’t the Ep8rs motor capped at 60NM because it using a 36V system
For the Ep8 motor to run at 85NM wouldn’t the system have to be using 48V
Higher power motor surely needs Voltage ??

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
also isn’t the Ep8rs motor capped at 60NM because it using a 36V system
For the Ep8 motor to run at 85NM wouldn’t the system have to be using 48V
Higher power motor surely needs Voltage ??

No. Same voltage. All Shimano eBike systems are 36V.

Cbmojo

May 20, 2020
USA
So are you saying in the stunlocker app we are able to change the power from 60NM to the 85NM

I know what the E tube app is designed for and I know all about the stunlocker app which I will be using to change the speed from the 15.5mph to 20mph
I am not really saying anything, I am just posing the question.

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
The issue is really with Garmin add-on architecture, not Orbea. The Orbea Rise toolbox is what Garmin calls a "data field", not an app. As such, you need to add the "data field" to one of the "activity" displays on your Garmin watch/device. Once you get that sorted, you'll be good to go. Just remember NOT to configure any other data fields or apps that connect to the bike.
Yeah, I’m all hooked up now.

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Like I told my wife, "Silly woman, bikes are for buying, not selling." I couldn't ride for a few days due to my eye being swollen shut ;)after that comment, but I still didn't sell any bikes. I've given a few away to my kids, but never sold one.

Chaser

Dec 22, 2020
The North (UK)
I'm interested in a Rise, obviously never seen one in the flesh, might never see one!

Battery is integrated and can't be removed? Is it a motor out job to replace it?

I like the idea of less weight and more like a normal bike but with power where needed, and I half thought that being much lighter than a standard full fat that in terms of feel, it might be pretty similar to more torque on something which is 8kg heavier.

My LBS is an Orbea dealer but nothing in stock. They do have a Wild FS30 coming in in my size but that's the 500wh spec. Anyone had both to compare? I figure that the Wild in 500wh might be a bit lighter than the full 630wh so might be a compromising middle ground. What's your thoughts guys? I shouldn't really be looking to accept 2nd best at this level of spend but is there going to be anything available by say March or April when some manufacturers won't have 21 models until Autumn?!

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I'm interested in a Rise, obviously never seen one in the flesh, might never see one!

Battery is integrated and can't be removed? Is it a motor out job to replace it?

I like the idea of less weight and more like a normal bike but with power where needed, and I half thought that being much lighter than a standard full fat that in terms of feel, it might be pretty similar to more torque on something which is 8kg heavier.

My LBS is an Orbea dealer but nothing in stock. They do have a Wild FS30 coming in in my size but that's the 500wh spec. Anyone had both to compare? I figure that the Wild in 500wh might be a bit lighter than the full 630wh so might be a compromising middle ground. What's your thoughts guys? I shouldn't really be looking to accept 2nd best at this level of spend but is there going to be anything available by say March or April when some manufacturers won't have 21 models until Autumn?!
Hi , yes it is motor out to get to the battery , not a real issue until it's really cold and you want to charge it , I've brought mine indoors for charging but could be awkward for some .
In terms of power I've got no experience of a full power emtb but it feels plenty to me , in boost I feel like , traction permitting , it would climb a wall lol . Puts a big grin on my face that's for sure , and better fits where I ride .
It's suprised me how much it feels like a normal mountain bike , my last bike was a Giant Anthem so pretty lightweight , and I'm not feeling like I'm riding a lump of a bike at all . It rides past motor cut out seamlessly and power delivery , assistance and torque can all be adjusted in the app .
Depending on size there are bikes around in stock , I spent a while sending out emails to dealers and found some , I know in size M Leisure Lakes and Biketreks are getting stock this month that hadn't been reserved for example .

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
I have a Rise and I've ridden a Wild. The Wild is a longer travel, heavier but full power e-mtb. It's a great bike, just different than what I wanted. It definitely has more torque and will assist you more on a ride, but the Rise feels more like a regular mtb with assist kicking in the more pedal input from you it gets. Eco is great for me most of the time to help just a little bit and Trail is even better for climbing. I use Boost very little but on steeper climbs it really helps out quite a bit. Compared to Boost on the Rise, the higher settings on the WIld will give you even more. It's definitely more of a burly bike and that's just not my thing.

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Took the Rise out yesterday for some winch and plummet type riding with the shockwiz on the rear. Used mainly eco and trail for the climb back up. Going by the figures on my Garmin it was looking like I could get nearly 5000ft of climbing but all of a sudden after reaching the top of a climb the battery had dropped from about 18% down to 1%. Still managed just over 4000ft so pretty impressed with that but not sure what happened with the battery? Maybe just a communication error between the bike and Garmin?
Screenshot_20210110-081005_Connect.jpg

Browneye

Feb 27, 2020
So-CAL
Nice! Which Galfer compound did you go with? I see they make one specific for ebikes, but I'm sure that's based on a very heavy bike and not the svelte Rise.

Their standard organic sintered pads. They're just excellent, and a good value. Turns out both my Trance-E and OCCAM have the same calipers...go figure huh??

Reactions: jka

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Adapted my Odpod stand today . Taking my Rise anywhere in the car requires both wheels out and I found it difficult putting the back wheel in whilst holding the extra weight of an ebike and making sure I don't scratch the frame . My current elbow injury doesn't help but got me thinking it would be alot easier to support the bike , can use it for washing too , and I can spin the pedals . Its a bit rough around the edges and needs a bit of smoothing off but it does the job

PXL_20210110_171653376.jpg

PXL_20210110_171738667.jpg

MTB911

Dec 20, 2020
PL
Took the Rise out yesterday for some winch and plummet type riding with the shockwiz on the rear. Used mainly eco and trail for the climb back up. Going by the figures on my Garmin it was looking like I could get nearly 5000ft of climbing but all of a sudden after reaching the top of a climb the battery had dropped from about 18% down to 1%. Still managed just over 4000ft so pretty impressed with that but not sure what happened with the battery? Maybe just a communication error between the bike and Garmin? View attachment 49618

What distance, how many kilometers?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles