Orbea Rise , anyone seen one yet ?

Oct 30, 2020
Northern Ireland
Yeah man, swapped them over from my Hightower. I've a feeling that'll end up getting sold but wanna keep the Reserves. Wheels for life aren't they? ;)
Yea for life. Ive had them a few years from a 9.9 slash. Industry 9 hub is cracking at the brake mount tabs so interested to see how warrenty will be. Selling the rise? Or the hightower?

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Yea for life. Ive had them a few years from a 9.9 slash. Industry 9 hub is cracking at the brake mount tabs so interested to see how warrenty will be. Selling the rise? Or the hightower?

Should be fine warranty wise knowing SC, they'll just send out a whole new wheel. Selling the Hightower I meant, gonna see how it goes over the next few months and how much it gets ridden

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
There are two different apps. The Shimano e tube app lets you adjust profile of the motor and then there is the Orbea RS toolbox app that shows battery status etc. but does not allow motor adjustments. I have the e tube app on my phone and I've tried and tried to download the Orbea toolbox app to my Garmin Vivoactive 3 with zero success. It keep saying that it will install on the next sync, but never does. I don't know what the problem is. I don't even know where the app would show up on the dumb watch either. It's been the most frustrating thing so far. I was hoping to get the app working for battery level, but no luck so far.

Gutch, you CANNOT toggle the power setting on a vivoactive 3 watch.
Mines doing the same thing, any success yet? I started a new post to try and help people get this resolved, but dont have any answers!

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
I got it all working now! Check out the other thread on it. Very helpful info. Yes, I have the 3. Download OrbeaRS from your computer, not their cheesy app. It’s still not showing downloaded in app!

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I got it all working now! Check out the other thread on it. Very helpful info. Yes, I have the 3. Download OrbeaRS from your computer, not their cheesy app. It’s still not showing downloaded in app!
Cool , I'll take a look , thanks . I prefer idea of it on a watch , not really looking for permanent display but would be nice to be able to glance at range etc in a more convenient way than taking ya backpack off to check your phone . Shame they can't make it accessable on other smart watches , already got an android watch ?

jim0905

Dec 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
What mode and/or profile were you running in?

Here's a more detailed look from Garmin Connect at what mode I was using. I'm guessing the 1, 2 and 3 is eco, trail and boost.
20210101_165134.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Has anybody found good Rise vs Levo SL comparisons yet? Preferably done by somebody who owns both?

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Gee this thread took off...been away over the holiday, 5 new pages!?!

My brakes squeaked when new - replaced the pads with GALFER - silent and deadly. ;)

Nice! Which Galfer compound did you go with? I see they make one specific for ebikes, but I'm sure that's based on a very heavy bike and not the svelte Rise.

Oct 30, 2020
Northern Ireland
Congratulations!

So when did you order it to be able to receive it so quickly?
I ordered it a week ago. Should have been 2 day delivery but damn brexit/new year/dpd!

For anyone wondering, I spoke to invisiframe and they agreed to put the matte front/gloss rear on the site. Ordered today. Message them too and they should shoot you a discount code also!

brendand

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary, Canada
I ordered it a week ago. Should have been 2 day delivery but damn brexit/new year/dpd!

For anyone wondering, I spoke to invisiframe and they agreed to put the matte front/gloss rear on the site. Ordered today. Message them too and they should shoot you a discount code also!

Oh wow. That's amazing. Was it a local bike shop you ordered from who happened to already have them coming in your size? Or did you order from the Orbea website? I ordered October 30th from my LBS and they said mine won't come until July. I ordered a stock coal blue colour M10 XL model.

Oct 30, 2020
Northern Ireland
Oh wow. That's amazing. Was it a local bike shop you ordered from who happened to already have them coming in your size? Or did you order from the Orbea website? I ordered October 30th from my LBS and they said mine won't come until July. I ordered a stock coal blue colour M10 XL model.
I ordered from sprocket cycles in Scotland. At time of ordering they had a large in my colour, a large in white, and an xl in coal blue. I wanted a coal blue large but wasn't avaliable. They only have the coal blue xl left. They sent mine out next day! Very impressed!

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I ordered from sprocket cycles in Scotland. At time of ordering they had a large in my colour, a large in white, and an xl in coal blue. I wanted a coal blue large but wasn't avaliable. They only have the coal blue xl left. They sent mine out next day! Very impressed!
There are shops with some unsold or unreserved stock , it takes some emails or phone calls , but I found mine through doing this.

brendand

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary, Canada

Coal Blue XL is exactly what I ordered. Was it an M10? That's what I ordered.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles