Orbea Rise , anyone seen one yet ?

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
I was able to test ride one yesterday, I. liked it. It was quiet and smooth. The only thing i noticed was when you stopped pedaling there was a distinct knock from the motor. Is this normal? It could not be replicated riding over dirt or hopping the curb

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Yes , it's normal , the ep8 motor does do that . It'll bother some but I knew it did it and soon forget it's there

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I was able to test ride one yesterday, I. liked it. It was quiet and smooth. The only thing i noticed was when you stopped pedaling there was a distinct knock from the motor. Is this normal? It could not be replicated riding over dirt or hopping the curb
To be honest I'd heard about it on here and various reviews but in reality it wasn't as bad as I expected , it's over stated I think

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
I just picked up mine this afternoon. Best Christmas present this year for sure! I'm loving it so far. I've just ridden on the streets so far, but the motor is super nice. The light weight of the bike is amazing. Riding without the motor on at all is fine on the flats and even going uphill is manageable.

Orbea Rise.jpg

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Well, I’m doing it. Done all my decal works on my dirt bike, shouldn’t be a biggie.
Just takes a good 5 hrs when done right. I've done 2 bikes and the last one was a bare frame, which made it way easier, but still takes a while.

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Nice Gutch! I'll likely do some specific protection with helicopter tape in "at risk" areas. I've done that on a lot of bikes over the years. Invisiframe is a great product. I just don't have the patients to spend that much time. I've found just the heli tape works well for me.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
First decent ride today , loved it . Handles fantastic, really didn't notice the extra weight . Did 2 laps of an 8 mile forest loop , first in trail and second in eco more. Thought the Rekon rear tyre would be out of its depth in the forest muck but was very surprised how well it handled it . The motor rattle really isn't very loud , could barely hear it , which is more than I can say for the XT brakes ! They squealed like you wouldn't believe, it was quite embarrassing. Braking performance was poor too, not sure why but I think a bleed is needed and maybe pads been contaminated somehow , I've not sprayed it with anything and first thing I did when I got it was clean the discs.

PXL_20201228_124909499.jpg

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
First decent ride today , loved it . Handles fantastic, really didn't notice the extra weight . Did 2 laps of an 8 mile forest loop , first in trail and second in eco more. Thought the Rekon rear tyre would be out of its depth in the forest muck but was very surprised how well it handled it . The motor rattle really isn't very loud , could barely hear it , which is more than I can say for the XT brakes ! They squealed like you wouldn't believe, it was quite embarrassing. Braking performance was poor too, not sure why but I think a bleed is needed and maybe pads been contaminated somehow , I've not sprayed it with anything and first thing I did when I got it was clean the discs.

View attachment 48449
I'm jealous, mines in my livingroom waiting for a handlebar. Hey, how do you switch between the 2 profiles?

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I'm jealous, mines in my livingroom waiting for a handlebar. Hey, how do you switch between the 2 profiles?
Have you download Etube Project to your smartphone ? You do it on that , when you open the app make sure you connect the bike within 15 seconds of switching it on or it won't find it , and make sure your Bluetooth is on and discoverable first time . If it's over 15 seconds you can press any button on the bike other than the main power button . It's a bit of a pain to do mid ride if your already connected to Etube ride because it doesn't want to pair to them both at once in my experience so far .
Once on Etube project you'll see both profiles under Assistance , you can then tune them how you want them and press apply .

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Have you download Etube Project to your smartphone ? You do it on that , when you open the app make sure you connect the bike within 15 seconds of switching it on or it won't find it , and make sure your Bluetooth is on and discoverable first time . If it's over 15 seconds you can press any button on the bike other than the main power button . It's a bit of a pain to do mid ride if your already connected to Etube ride because it doesn't want to pair to them both at once in my experience so far .
Once on Etube project you'll see both profiles under Assistance , you can then tune them how you want them and press apply .
Yes, im linked. just didnt see where to choose from 1 or 2 for the ride. Can you switch between the 2 on the bike?

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I just did mine in gloss and looks good. the backend where its matte doesnt look too bad. took a while, but thankfully did it when new with no components on.
Yours a matte backend ? Mines gloss backend and matte mainframe

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
hi guys. just purchased the ice green today. regarding invisiframe, matte or gloss? thanks :)
Looking at this color myself and was told by Invisiframe that they won’t be making a mixed kit, but you can order matte for front triangle only. Then you can gloss the rear with heli tape Purchased from Amazon.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I've already Heli taped the stays in the areas where crud off the tyres could rub , so just a front end kit sounds good if it's available on its own

brendand

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary, Canada

I've got XT brakes on my Santa Cruz 5010c and I like them. But they do squeal after I wash them. But they quiet up after a few hard brakes on them. Although I guess if you're riding in the wet then they'd stay wet and squeal. I found the braking performance good. But my XT brakes are 6 years old. New pads of course. I can't remember which specific pads, but they're Shimano ones.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I've got XT brakes on my Santa Cruz 5010c and I like them. But they do squeal after I wash them. But they quiet up after a few hard brakes on them. Although I guess if you're riding in the wet then they'd stay wet and squeal. I found the braking performance good. But my XT brakes are 6 years old. New pads of course. I can't remember which specific pads, but they're Shimano ones.
The grit was like paste , you could hear it , but braking performance was rubbish , my old avids were loads better . Feel too spongy so I'll try a bleed and cleaner with a flame on the pads . It gets free service in 5 weeks so if no better I'll mention it .

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
The grit was like paste , you could hear it , but braking performance was rubbish , my old avids were loads better . Feel too spongy so I'll try a bleed and cleaner with a flame on the pads . It gets free service in 5 weeks so if no better I'll mention it .
I guarantee it ? isn’t the brakes. Contaminated, wet, but these brakes don’t lack function or stopping power. They are run all over 30-35# enduro bikes. I run the older XT M8000 2 pot on my 27# bike and 4pots aren’t even needed.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
I guarantee it ? isn’t the brakes. Contaminated, wet, but these brakes don’t lack function or stopping power. They are run all over 30-35# enduro bikes. I run the older XT M8000 2 pot on my 27# bike and 4pots aren’t even needed.
Absolutely, I know they are well rated and should perform better than this

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles