New Santa Cruz model

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Dude... The extra carbon used to make up the rear triangle would weigh next to nothing when stacked up against a 4 bar.

You breaking 2 Hightowers and talking about a minuscule amount of extra weight is not a justification for calling a virtual pivot bike a gimmick... that's not what virtual pivot was ever about.
Is the their light weight xc race bike VPP? That’s not how I remember the Blur….😂
Now that that Dutch company fired all of the old school guys at the top of Santa Cruz, I expect to see vpp slowly phased out.

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz
If you havent heard a conspiracy theory by noon just make one up?

Vpp causes chemtrails! Chemtrails are flow trails with water bars
VPP (Virtual Pivot Point) with which he intended that the contamination between pedaling and suspension was minimal. After years of praise for its smooth operation, the rest of the companies are bringing to market different variations on the original system, since it is protected by patents.

The system consists of a one-piece rear swingarm attached to the front triangle by two linkages, one upper and one lower, which rotate in opposite directions. This means that when pedaling, an expansion force is generated that neutralizes the tendency to sink with pedaling. Its name virtual or floating pivot is due to the fact that the movement of both linkages causes the swingarm pivot point to vary depending on compression, i.e. there is no well-defined pivot point as in classic systems.

The good tuning of the system is important for it to function optimally

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
VPP (Virtual Pivot Point) with which he intended that the contamination between pedaling and suspension was minimal. After years of praise for its smooth operation, the rest of the companies are bringing to market different variations on the original system, since it is protected by patents.

The system consists of a one-piece rear swingarm attached to the front triangle by two linkages, one upper and one lower, which rotate in opposite directions. This means that when pedaling, an expansion force is generated that neutralizes the tendency to sink with pedaling. Its name virtual or floating pivot is due to the fact that the movement of both linkages causes the swingarm pivot point to vary depending on compression, i.e. there is no well-defined pivot point as in classic systems.

The good tuning of the system is important for it to function optimally
Thanks , im fairly familiar with them. Ive owned several sc bikes (og heckler, 2 x bullits and a super 8 ) but none of their vpp bikes although ive ridden a nomad a fair bit and owned an intense 951 for a couple years.
Theyre definitely sag dependant to find the sweet spot. All the floating rear triangle bikes have their advantages but personally i prefer the predictability of a four bar horst link bike. The consistent axle path i find easier to feel where the rear tire is and how it will react throughout the travel. That being said im sure the latest vpp/v10 is much better than my 951 or my buddies nomad.
Fun fact: i raced against one of the inventors of the vpp before they sold it to santa cruz. '94 or 95' it was on an "outland" bike. I think those bikes were 5 or 6 inches of rear travel with a 3 or 4 inch rock shox judy on the front. Jamie Calon(inventor) was a dh pinner with a checkers or wreckers style that had stunning speed when he put it together. The theory with the bike was it could have more travel in the back because it pedalled so well and it kind of worked. At that time suspension bikes were still quite new but they had roadies turned xc riders from the city that they sponsored and all of a sudden those guys were up front at the races. I remember them previous to having those bikes and they were pilons on the race course. They couldnt make it over the smalles log or root. It was amazing they ever finished a race. A year on the outland bike and they had some skill to go with their fitness. Still amazed that much travel could win an xc race in a competitive field, especially in the mid 90's

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
Looks like somebody jumped the gun, it’s been taken down already🤣😂
Here you go

IMG_7311.png IMG_7312.png

Bndit

Jul 14, 2022
Finland
And charging port is Bosch basic flip (shit) flop...Trek has much better...I don't like colours either but looks good anyway and bet it's lighter than Trek (which looks damn good...)

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
I see the shock is 205x60. I’d really like to know if you can over stoke to 62.5mm or 65mm!

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
Not sur either there is the option for the bigger battery 800? From the video it was 600.

Then no offense, bike might be cool, but without the classis rear suspension, it just becomes a `classic` design.

I wish the color choice was not the reason to told people hey this is a santa

NB: Gimme a black or dark theme

Reactions: Dax

TurdFarmer

Sep 22, 2024
Australia
Not sur either there is the option for the bigger battery 800? From the video it was 600.

Then no offense, bike might be cool, but without the classis rear suspension, it just becomes a `classic` design.

Those who have reviewed it don't seem overly impressed by it. Seems like a standard run of the mill bike, Garren was defending the design pretty hard in The Loam Wolf's video.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD

I kinda see the logic, vpp pedalling performance is less critical on an e-bike, but it seems like SC is pandering to the internet whingers who get really angry about seat post insertion despite having never touched the bike. Without the classic SC look, it looks like every other bike.

Remind me why I wouldn’t save 30% and buy an intense?

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz
Santa Cruz Vala X0 AXS RSV
The Santa Cruz Vala X0 AXS RSV impresses as a multi-purpose bike with solid suspension and a high fun factor, making it a great companion for enjoying trail rides. However, it loses part of the typical Santa Cruz appearance and its price represents a high barrier to entry.

Strengths

A versatile all-rounder
Strong suspension
High fun factor

Weaknesses

The typical Santa Cruz look was lost but the price was not

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
I see, except after purchase support, no reason to buy this compared to tons of other out there.

There is no legit, to me, reason for this price right now.

LautSprecher

Jun 2, 2024
Germany
Good Times to buy a real Santa Cruz: Heckler and Bullit have MASSIVE drops now - about 50%. Don´t really need it but just ordered an 2024 Bullit RSV coil with a hugh price drop (near 50%).

Besides the odd noises the EP8(01) suits me better than any Bosch will ever do - even though i life right in front of their development center for those motors.

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz
Good Times to buy a real Santa Cruz: Heckler and Bullit have MASSIVE drops now - about 50%. Don´t really need it but just ordered an 2024 Bullit RSV coil with a hugh price drop (near 50%).

Besides the odd noises the EP8(01) suits me better than any Bosch will ever do - even though i life right in front of their development center for those motors.
Totally agree 38%-50% drop

Bndit

Jul 14, 2022
Finland

There's no noise at all from motor on my EP801 Bullit :) It's as quiet as my Gen2 Levo motor was, on downhill also. Or at least I don't hear any difference.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles