New Bosch Tour+ mode officially launched

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Upgraded the firmware to Tour+ and not decided yet whether to stay or to change to Trail after 2 rides of 80Km total, on a relative flat surface with stones. On a steady speed got less support than Eco mode (moved back and forth and Eco was more lively)...
That shouldn't be possible if the bike was configured right. I'd wonder if you have a short crank and the technician gave you a long crank configuration.

(Assuming my bike was configured right) Tour+ provides more support than Eco throughout the entire power band.

Yos

Jan 4, 2021
Tel Aviv
That's an excellent point. I've a short crank and was about getting a printout of the program configuration but the technician is quarantine for one week. Anyway saved more than 20% of battery power with my legs. I will let you know the current program configuration.

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
I hit Coed Y Brenin this morning early doors. Decided to do the whole ride in Tour+. I did thewhole of the blue trail with an extra bit of a black run, it’s only ten miles but gave me a chance to compare with other days I have done this ten miles. I was on limited time because had other stuff to do today.
Put it in Tour + right from the start and yes there was a noticeable difference. Never had to use another mode and battery was better I would say. So I think I will keep it at the moment but will keep trying different trails etc just to make sure I am happy with it. (y)

moseven

Aug 13, 2020
manchester
Hi Guys, can anyone tell me if when having the firmware upgraded with tour+ - Does this show as "tour+" on the display or does it just say tour?

I've just had it upgraded from local shop but when I got it home it's just showing "tour"??

cheers
Mo

Woodyboy

Dec 10, 2020
Uk
Hi Guys, can anyone tell me if when having the firmware upgraded with tour+ - Does this show as "tour+" on the display or does it just say tour?

I've just had it upgraded from local shop but when I got it home it's just showing "tour"??

cheers
Mo
No, it will still show as tour

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Pedal on flat ground in tour. Swap to eco. If you don't notice a difference you are on tour+. Or same method but put more power in and see if it responds or just has a flat level of assistance

Zaskar20

Aug 17, 2021
UK
Pedal on flat ground in tour. Swap to eco. If you don't notice a difference you are on tour+. Or same method but put more power in and see if it responds or just has a flat level of assistance
Thanks for the prompt response, I’ll test it on my ride home later. From what you have said I’m pretty sure I have Tour+

Zaskar20

Aug 17, 2021
UK
Ok
Flat ground with headwind, same power;
There is a difference between Eco and Tour but interestingly there is virtually no difference between Tour eMTB and Turbo - it’s when I put the power down that I can differentiate.

Putting power down in Tour;
It responds.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Ok
Flat ground with headwind, same power;
There is a difference between Eco and Tour but interestingly there is virtually no difference between Tour eMTB and Turbo - it’s when I put the power down that I can differentiate.

Putting power down in Tour;
It responds.
OK .. but ........

Maybe better explained as ...

Ride in Eco .. What does that feel like - as in RIDE in eco (pedal meaning pedal to move the bike, rather than just turn your legs around)

Ride in Turbo .. What does that feel like.

Ride in EMTB mode .. what does that feel like.

At this point you should now feel like : pedal in Eco, I get assistance, though only about the same as a mouse running on my back wheel.

I ride in Turbo, I pedal - but don't have to pedal very hard and it feels like the mouse has been swapped for 1000 mice and there's a lump of cheese stuck up my arse they want.

I ride in EMTB mode, it feels like there's several mice, but when I pedal hard my shorts move and the cheese is exposed and dozen's more mice jump on the wheel and join in.

Now test Tour.

If it feels like there's several mice when you pedal and if you pedal hard, there's still just several mice - then you have "Tour".

If it feels like there's just one mouse, but when you pedal hard there's several hundred mice and you exposed your cheese again - you have Tour+

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
I ll try asking this again ..( please)..
If you do the update to Tour + ..then find its not for you ..can you revert back to just Tour ?
Yes and I have. 5 mins in the lbs.
I didn't like tour. It's Eco at low cadence so if you need a bit more assist coming out of a section into a climb you don't get it until you increase the cadence which you can't in that situation. Some will love it I didn't.

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Yes and I have. 5 mins in the lbs.
I didn't like tour. It's Eco at low cadence so if you need a bit more assist coming out of a section into a climb you don't get it until you increase the cadence which you can't in that situation. Some will love it I didn't.
Sorry didn't like Tour+

Flyfisha

Jul 27, 2021
Australia
Is it the cadence that increases the assistance Giff or how hard you push down on the pedals?
I think it’s how hard you push down or how much you contribute that changes the contribution from the motor.

I realise tour+ is not for everyone and we all have different needs. Or ride in different places under different circumstances.

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
I think it is a bit of both but mainly cadence. I can’t try again as I reverted back to Tour.

The only specific that I could point to was a gully that I have ridden a lot. It is quite a steep drop in and equally steep coming out of the other side…..U shaped. I drop in in a lowish gear and have enough speed to get half way up the other side then I need to pedal to get to the top. As there is little or no pedal cadence at that point I stopped before reaching the top in Tour+.
I could get to the top ok in Tour.

That’s the only specific but it did feel lacking at other times when I was expecting more help!

I think strength & technique may affect how people use it…….and I’m short of both!

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
I think it is a bit of both but mainly cadence. I can’t try again as I reverted back to Tour.

The only specific that I could point to was a gully that I have ridden a lot. It is quite a steep drop in and equally steep coming out of the other side…..U shaped. I drop in in a lowish gear and have enough speed to get half way up the other side then I need to pedal to get to the top. As there is little or no pedal cadence at that point I stopped before reaching the top in Tour+.
I could get to the top ok in Tour.

That’s the only specific but it did feel lacking at other times when I was expecting more help!

I think strength & technique may affect how people use it…….and I’m short of both!
The force on Tour+ is very very clearly much bigger than on regular tour. Something is not correct if it has been easier to go uphill with normal tour mode.

PetrD

Jul 27, 2020
CZ
ECO+ would be nice, because of battery.

But, the one settings option number in percent as coeficient multiplier for whole power result could be nice.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles