NBD - Crestline RS 180 but...

Apr 30, 2024
Salt Lake City, UT
Hello all, didn't imagine this would be my first post, but I wanted to poll the masses. I was stoked to receive my RS180 yesterday but it looks like it sustained some minor damage in transit (see the paint cracks and flat spot on the headset). I'm working under the assumption that this is all cosmetic and I know that I'll do worse to the bike as I get it out and ride, but it still bothers me to take delivery of a less-than-perfect thing, especially at this price point. Should I just suck it up and ride or request an exchange? Thanks all!

I'll post a proper hello in the newbies section when I get a chance.
IMG_1952.jpg

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
This looks much more like a crack on the surface layer of the carbon than the paint...

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Sounds reasonable. If the frame fails at the headset you’ll probably not going to be in a hurry to get a new bike for a few monthes…

techm8n

Sep 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
Hello all, didn't imagine this would be my first post, but I wanted to poll the masses. I was stoked to receive my RS180 yesterday but it looks like it sustained some minor damage in transit (see the paint cracks and flat spot on the headset). I'm working under the assumption that this is all cosmetic and I know that I'll do worse to the bike as I get it out and ride, but it still bothers me to take delivery of a less-than-perfect thing, especially at this price point. Should I just suck it up and ride or request an exchange? Thanks all!

I'll post a proper hello in the newbies section when I get a chance.
View attachment 139487
That's interesting because I received my RS180 this week. And I noticed that my head tube doesn't have a cracked paint like yours, but I see some waviness on it like when they put layers of carbon, they didn't sand it down and make it smooth and even. I'll keep my eye on it and make sure that it doesn't get cracks on it after my rides.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles