Mission Control Mission Control app now allows you to update your bike

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
I have the same error (I use the light connector to provide power for my phone running BLEvo). It does say that error will be caused by non-standard lights.
@Specialized Rider Care ...is there a reason for the diagnostics to flag an error when using the light port..? Again, a change log would help, a text file in this thread would be fine. Don’t need it formatted for a mobile screen on the app.

Sorry for the late response. Whilst I appreciate that this error looks new to you, it was always there in the background - we hid a number of errors until we were confident that we had a meaningful answer, hence now you can see it following a firmware update.

Regarding the Lupine light, we did flag to our friends at Lupine in 2019 that one of their (rather lovely) lights was pulling a slightly higher in-rush current when switching on than the Brose motor would support through the light-port. It's only momentary but this error is the Brose motor saying "current via light port is too high". I would advise anyone affected checks with Lupine on this to see if they have a solution.

Additionally, charging devices through the light-port is done at your risk - we don't recommend it but you can find maximum current via light ports (different per motor) via Brose's website I believe.

Last edited:

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
Sorry for the late response. Whilst I appreciate that this error looks new to you, it was always there in the background - we hid a number of errors until we were confident that we had a meaningful answer, hence now you can see it following a firmware update.

Regarding the Lupine light, we did flag to our friends at Lupine in 2019 that one of their (rather lovely) lights was pulling a slightly higher in-rush current when switching on than the Brose motor would support through the light-port. It's only momentary but this error is the Brose motor saying "current via light port is too high". I would advise anyone affected checks with Lupine on this to see if they have a solution.

Additionally, charging devices through the light-port is done at your risk - we don't recommend it but you can find maximum current via light ports (different per motor) via Brose's website I believe.
Thanks for the response @Specialized Rider Care, great to know the reason for the error code.

I get the error even when there is no device (my Samsung phone) connected, its only the voltage converter so the trip current for the error must be very low, and would be an order of magnitude lower than a Lupine headlight. I'll check the specs on the website.

Any news on the "Change Log"...?

cheers

Gabypb

Nov 8, 2019
Ecuador
Yep, just checked again when I got home from work and the option is there now.
Updated the display to 26.B.0 without issue.

My wheelsize didn't reset with the update
Hi, I have a Levo 2019, I used BLEvo to change the wheel size and derestrict the speed, I’m afraid of updating and losing that, please confirm if you had altered the wheel size too and that the update didn’t reset it to the factory size. Thanks!

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
On my bike dealer changed circumference to 2000mm and update did not change that. I don't know if changing with Blevo is any different...

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Hi, I have a Levo 2019, I used BLEvo to change the wheel size and derestrict the speed, I’m afraid of updating and losing that, please confirm if you had altered the wheel size too and that the update didn’t reset it to the factory size. Thanks!
Hi, as with salko, my wheel circumference was set by the dealer to 2000mm. I have a 2020 bike and cannot change it myself in blevo.

Gabypb

Nov 8, 2019
Ecuador
Hi, as with salko, my wheel circumference was set by the dealer to 2000mm. I have a 2020 bike and cannot change it myself in blevo.
I wonder what happens with the ones that changed the wheel circumference with BLEvo once they update ?.

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney
Just been out on mine feels smoother , could be placebo effect though.

2019 almost 3000 miles

I agree. Just got my 2019 Levo firmware upgraded from the original September 2018 version to 6.1.0, and the motor is definitely smoother and the transition to no assistance after 25 kph is much more gradual - much appreciated.

Also, a question for @Specialized Rider Care - what does "Display Always Active" in the latest Mission Control app do (as I can't find any information about it in "Help") ?

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Also, a question for @Specialized Rider Care - what does "Display Always Active" in the latest Mission Control app do (as I can't find any information about it in "Help") ?

Usually your phone screen will go blank (switch off/standby) after X mins. How long X mins is will depend on your personal phone settings, typically intended to preserve battery life. If you want to put your phone on the bars and use it to watch your route, monitor riding stats etc you can keep the display "always active" and it won't go into standby until you close/background the app.

Some find it super helpful - we had a lot of requests to add this feature. It will consume more battery life (you can turn the display brightness down) so do some tests before using it on really long rides.

Alternatively - and useful for those riding with HRM - if you get hold of our TCD wireless display and take the time to customize the screens to your needs, you can pair the HRM to both Mission Control AND the TCD concurrently. That means you can ride in HR controlled smart mode, record rides with your phone in a pocket whilst monitoring distance, speed, power, heart-rate and battery life on the TCD. You can sync everything to Strava too, if so inclined.

thbo

Jun 30, 2020
Norway
[mention]Specialized Rider Care [/mention] About “sync to Strava”: will HR data in that sync get fixed soon?

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Because model 2019 and 2020 are the same bikes regarding motor, TCU and batteries (and frame).

shacall2

Sep 25, 2019
California (SoCal)
Because model 2019 and 2020 are the same bikes regarding motor, TCU and batteries (and frame).

Thanks - I know they're the same bikes. I just thought this date would have been an actual date the motor (or battery or TCU) were made. Makes it seem like my electronics were made on Feb 2019 (maybe they were?)

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Shame we can't do motor updates yet.
Screenshot_20200728-212221.png

@Specialized Rider Care do you have a changelog you could share for version 7.3.6 please?

E.B.O.E.

Dec 25, 2019
Eijsden
And the first prize goes to @salko !

Correct - on the 15th June 2020 we soft-launched functionality within Mission Control for Levo 2019/2020 and Kenevo 2020 owners to update their TCU firmware. This will ensure that riders have the latest TCU performance updates, bluetooth connectivity improvements and error management revisions. Only those bike types will allow updates at this time - and only if motor firmware is at version 6.1.0.

Our aim here is to let riders make incremental updates themselves - however bike build/set-up, battery/motor updates, advanced diagnostics etc remain within the remit of our authorised retail partners.

Creo / Vado / Levo SL bikes do not support over the air (OTA) updates at this time. Earlier Levo/Kenevo without TCU will not ever support OTA updates - sorry about that. We'll keep a watch on this thread - let us know how you get on.
Hello, can you tell me what the latest update of the tcu means?

Dirk74

Jun 6, 2020
Germany
2020 Levo and latest version of Mission Control on iPhone - I can see the firmware version numbers but don't see anywhere to check if those are latest version or do an update.

How do I get the new functionality?

@Specialized Rider Care
In Mission Control - Diagnose below the Advance Diagnostic, see post #18.
If it's not there, close the MC app and reopen it. Maybe you would need to logout/login from the MC app, see post #26.

Deadeye

Oct 6, 2019
Florida
In Mission Control - Diagnose below the Advance Diagnostic, see post #18.
If it's not there, close the MC app and reopen it. Maybe you would need to logout/login from the MC app, see post #26.

Logout/Login did the trick I can see my firmware versions and most current version. But now it says in-app updates not avaialble for this model. Its a 2020 model - pretty weak if not supported. What models are supported?

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
You can only update TCU, for battery & motor you must visit dealer.

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
Logout/Login did the trick I can see my firmware versions and most current version. But now it says in-app updates not avaialble for this model. Its a 2020 model - pretty weak if not supported. What models are supported?
I wouldn’t get too excited. I updated mine and it made little or no difference.

I use BLEvo, and I feel that it’s made the Smart Power less responsive. That may be just my imagination, but at the moment I wish I hadn’t done the update.

And despite many requests to @Specialized Rider Care they haven’t provide a change log, so it’s hard to know what the benefit of the update is...?

ticotime

Jun 20, 2019
Georgetown, TX
Sir, can you tell me if there’s a change log for updates? If I see that there’s a new motor update for the Levo SL I wonder how Necessary it is To update it or I can keep trucking until when the bike season slows down and I can get in and out of the specialized bike shop.
Does anyone know what the motor firmware upgrade to 7.3.6 does on a 2019 Turbo Levo?

Last edited:

Dirk74

Jun 6, 2020
Germany
Does anyone know what the motor firmware upgrade to 7.3.6 does on a 2019 Turbo Levo?

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
Recently, we also identified a bug in the 2.1 motor firmware which has contributed to belt failures. Following an update to Turbo Studio that deployed on July 23rd, we will release a new version of motor firmware (targeted for July 28th) that improves belt reliability without compromising power or performance and need riders to update their motor firmware as soon as possible.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles