Mission Control App not recording rides correctly since IOS 13 update?

NathanNZ

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
Since 15 October, which is roughly around the time my Iphone updated to IOS 13, Mission Control is no longer mapping my rides correctly. Rather than exactly recording the trails I ride, it is showing 2 or 3 long straight lines on the map for the whole ride. Has anyone else experienced this? I wonder if they need to update the app?

I've attached 2 screen grabs to show the problem...
IMG_9BEDBC30A5EC-1.jpeg
IMG_C724A62F38D5-1.jpeg

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Your gps has only recorded 5 track points possibly due to lack of available memory. Suggest you clean up memory on your phone...the update probably absorbed most of it especially if it retained a shadow copy of the previous version.

pavelmatic

Dec 3, 2019
Lörrach, Germany
Anyone knows if this has been solved? I do have the same problem... And just in case, my phone has +120GB of free memory so that should be enough for a simple, 14km ride.

Cheers, Pablo

Lenka

Nov 19, 2019
Praha
Anyone knows if this has been solved? I do have the same problem... And just in case, my phone has +120GB of free memory so that should be enough for a simple, 14km ride.

Cheers, Pablo
I have this problem too. Phone Samsung 10e.
the route on the map is just straight lines

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
It is the phone that provides the gps not MC so a less detailed track means the gps is recording fewer tracking points with respect to time. As above the most likely cause is either a battery saving mode or a specific method of defining the gps frequency. Even so a phone gps chip is less accurate than a dedicated gps device many of which now use gps chips recording 10 tp per second.

JJBG

Feb 24, 2020
Getafe - Spain
It is the phone that provides the gps not MC so a less detailed track means the gps is recording fewer tracking points with respect to time. As above the most likely cause is either a battery saving mode or a specific method of defining the gps frequency. Even so a phone gps chip is less accurate than a dedicated gps device many of which now use gps chips recording 10 tp per second.
Agree, but the reason why MC is receiving less tracking points is that GPS is sending less signal because of battery savings. Removing this parameter give the phone more chance to send more points. If MC is saving battery means that probably the app doesn't work all the time continuously, then MC doesn't record enought points.

Last edited:

Lenka

Nov 19, 2019
Praha
In Android, remove the saving battery from the Mission Control App. I tried it and now works.
the numbers look fine - the length of the trip, the speed ... just drawing the route on the map is not correct. I will try different phone settings.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles