M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
@JimLee-Lightcarbon I also noticed, that PXE930 is listed as 3000g for M, and LCE930 is listed as 2750g for M.

I don't really care about the extra weight. I am just curious why there is a difference.

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
@JimLee-Lightcarbon what is your relationship with Pro X?

I can see, that they offer the same frame as PXE930.
haha, thank you, PX is our wheel's web, we will change the weight, 2750g is correctly, before the weight is 2980g, and reduced by 330g after optimization.

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
Looks like this one can be had in xl:

O38

May 19, 2023
Jakarta Indonesia
Hey, do you have pics of the battery connector and the holes that you modified ?
HI Friend, sure I can take the picture of it.
Actually the modify I did is only change the BMS and make the new output cable power & charger.
Will take the picture shortly, but need to open the motor first. pls wait

Marauder

Jun 15, 2023
Australia
Hi my friend,
the frame you asked is LCE929, The sister version o LCE930, with the same rear triangle,Just because of changing the rear shock to a horizontal position, some changes were made to the linkage and carbon layup orientation of the front triangle.

View attachment 118993
@Jimmy
Hi my friend,
the frame you asked is LCE929, The sister version o LCE930, with the same rear triangle,Just because of changing the rear shock to a horizontal position, some changes were made to the linkage and carbon layup orientation of the front triangle.

View attachment 118993
@JimLee-Lightcarbon if the rear triangle is the same on both frames, why is the RC length different?
LCE930 = 457mm, LCE929 = 440mm.

Thanks

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
HI Friend, sure I can take the picture of it.
Actually the modify I did is only change the BMS and make the new output cable power & charger.
Will take the picture shortly, but need to open the motor first. pls wait
Thanks a lot!
So you remove the end of the battery to solder a xt30 connector to the motor and another to the charge port?
For the 2 holes fixations instead of 4 holes, it’s not an issue?

Peter A

Nov 6, 2021
Australia
Now we choose the extended battery connect the main battery, not motor, if connect it direct to motor, It request a one-to-two plug and a power select controller. We haven't solved this problem yet. The current solution is to connect the extended battery directly to the charging port of the Bafang battery. The advantage is that it is convenient and does not require additional operations. The disadvantage is that such batteries in series will have a certain impact on the service life of the main battery.
Hi Jim,

Have you found any alternative solution to connecting an extender battery directly to the main battery?

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
Hi my friend,

View attachment 118993
Hi Jim, what is the delivery time of the LCE 929, or is the frame not released for private sale ?

mvrlik

Jun 21, 2023
Czech Republic
Do you know what is the size of battery compartment of LCE930? I want to DIY battery and would be great to know max dimension of it prior the frame arrives (size M if it makes any difference).

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Do you know what is the size of battery compartment of LCE930? I want to DIY battery and would be great to know max dimension of it prior the frame arrives (size M if it makes any difference).

The bafang btf014 has the following size:
470x52x63
I have no idea how much play there is however when the battery is inside the frame

Lucoz

Jun 8, 2023
Australia
@JimLee-Lightcarbon
The LCE930 is advertised as 'All-mountain" but is it strong enough for occasional enduro rides?
If not, would you be able to make me a frame size large with few extra layers of carbon to make it stronger?
I really like this frame, geometry is good, motor and battery are small and light, and travel just what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
Hi JimLee,
The LCE930 is advertised as 'All-mountain" but is it strong enough for occasional enduro rides?
If not, would you be able to make me a frame size large with few extra layers of carbon to make it stronger?
I really like this frame, geometry is good, motor and battery are small and light, and travel just what I'm looking for.
What is your weight? What do you consider the difference between all mountain and enduro ride? Just curious.

Lucoz

Jun 8, 2023
Australia
I'm 74kg.
To me, enduro is close to downhill except you come back up on your bike.
All mountain is less engaged - would potentially go on same tracks as enduro but slower.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
@JimLee-Lightcarbon what is the status of the L size frames? I ordered green-purple chameleon painting and it should take few additional weeks, after production. Any ETA?

tnx
last feedback from Jim : the bolts are still not good ... bolts for the motor and motor cover. My frame is ready but the bolt are not OK :(
honestly, it's been too long, I just want to ride
I also asked him if we could skip the bolts and buy standard bolts from the hardware store but it seems it's special sized bolts.
At this point I don't even wanna ask for an ETA

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
last feedback from Jim : the bolts are still not good ... bolts for the motor and motor cover. My frame is ready but the bolt are not OK :(
honestly, it's been too long, I just want to ride
I also asked him if we could skip the bolts and buy standard bolts from the hardware store but it seems it's special sized bolts.
At this point I don't even wanna ask for an ETA
uf, that sucks :confused:

What about the bolts that come with the motor? would they not work, at least for the time being?

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
uf, that sucks :confused:

What about the bolts that come with the motor? would they not work, at least for the time being?
hum, good question! I was feeling so bad that I ddi not even think about it :) let me ask Jim

kaylee.s

Jul 6, 2023
Redondo Beach, CA
New member here. I just ordered a LCE930 painted pearl white. I rented a Norco Sight VLT last weekend, it was so fun, but heavy! It was my first time on an emtb. I hope my lce930 turns out lighter!

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
hum, good question! I was feeling so bad that I ddi not even think about it :) let me ask Jim
So, the Bafang bolts are not adapted to a carbon frame, they would fit an alloy frame. The new blots should be ready in 8 days, and my frame should be leaded by the 20th. Apparently my frame is on the top of the list, they have more than 200 orders to prepare after. I ordered mine mid February ...

Peter A

Nov 6, 2021
Australia
So, the Bafang bolts are not adapted to a carbon frame, they would fit an alloy frame. The new blots should be ready in 8 days, and my frame should be leaded by the 20th. Apparently my frame is on the top of the list, they have more than 200 orders to prepare after. I ordered mine mid February ...
I'd much rather wait for something to be made properly than have it rushed and have issues, but it always sucks when expected dates keep getting moved later. Hang in there I'm sure it will be worth it.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
I'd much rather wait for something to be made properly than have it rushed and have issues, but it always sucks when expected dates keep getting moved later. Hang in there I'm sure it will be worth it.
Yeah, totally right, but waiting since February when the delivery date was supposed to be end of May is tough…

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
For me about the same situation, ordered in February and Carol from Light-Carbon had sent me this answer on friday : "For the L’’ size frames, they are already on production manufacturing. I just checked it again with our product line manager and your order will be ready around another 25~30 days. Sorry again for the delay and inconvenient." :cry:

kaylee.s

Jul 6, 2023
Redondo Beach, CA
I was told 45 days for the frame I ordered yesterday. 30 days if I didn't want it painted. She said they are very popular and they are building a lot of them! I also asked about the lce929, it is available, but you must order atleast 10 frames.

Goff

Mar 2, 2023
New Zealand
Thank you for keeping us up dated, I ordered mine in January so it must with yours, the waiting is killing me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles