M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
but your question is 100% valid, a range extender port would be awesome!
but then we need a device inside the frame that will regulate the discharge of both batteries I guess
The current solution for the extended-range battery is to insert it directly into the charging port of the main battery in series.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
I think you mean in parallel. If you put the external battery in series it would double the voltage.

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
@JimLee-Lightcarbon , Hi Jim, I hope you have good news regarding the delivery date of the L-frame ???
Many guys here already have all the components together and are eagerly waiting for the frame 🧐
Loading time of size L in end of this month,
Because the M size has some small problems during the customer's use, we have made some small improvements, resulting in the L size sample has just completed the test, the first batch of bulk orders will be completed on the 25th, and then arranged for UD matt paint and packaging.
also welcome to Eurobike 2023 exhibition to observe our frame,
our booth Hall 9.1-G39

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Because the M size has some small problems during the customer's use, we have made some small improvements, resulting in the L size sample has just completed the test, the first batch of bulk orders will be completed on the 25th, and then arranged for UD matt paint and packaging.
our booth Hall 9.1-G39
Any way to save time by not having the ud matt paint? Is it only cosmetic or is it protective also?

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Any way to save time by not having the ud matt paint? Is it only cosmetic or is it protective also?
the UD matt means a layer of paint with a color close to YS728 is painted on the surface, (used it to cover the joints of the carbon layers, and some others)., and the outermost layer is a layer of transparent paint for protection, sun protection and dust resistance.
Even if you don't need to do these, it won't reduce the time, because after these steps are completed, there are two final quality inspections. If one or two sets are taken out for inspection, they can only be carried out when the workers are free, and Now we have a lot of orders and the workers are very busy.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
I finally received the motor yesterday! it's crazy how small it is
Now waiting for the frame, and maybe the battery, one day...

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
I would have also received it yesterday, if I would be home. It is now rescheduled for Monday. I feel, both our motors were in the same package from China to EU. :)
Did you also recieve all the cables and display? Which one did you choose?

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
I would have also received it yesterday, if I would be home. It is now rescheduled for Monday. I feel, both our motors were in the same package from China to EU. :)
Did you also recieve all the cables and display? Which one did you choose?
Yes! Everything was inside, cables and display, I did not have the time yet to review all the parts but it seems good!
I chose the 43v, but I should have gone for the 36v and the smaller bafang battery…

Goff

Mar 2, 2023
New Zealand
our booth Hall 9.1-G39
Hi Jim
Do you have any pictures or videos of the stand at Eurobike?

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Hi Jim
Do you have any pictures or videos of the stand at Eurobike?

QQ图片20230627163004.jpg

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Does anyone knows what is the peak power of the M820 in the highest mode ?
I cannot find it, I'm trying to source good 21700 cells and I want to be sure to have the right Amps rating!

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
I cannot find it, I'm trying to source good 21700 cells and I want to be sure to have the right Amps rating!
Wouldn't be easier for you to just order old style battery, with 2 screws instead of new with 4 screws, and somehow modify the fixation points and charging connector? If it is in stock, of course.

Where I am from, even the standard, samsung 18650 cells are cca 10€ each. So 12s*2p*10€ is 240€. Than you have to buy BCM, bulid everygin and still figure out fixation and charging connector. And you also need the charger...

I believe, this is what @O38 did. It looks like much less hassle, than complete build. And not much more expensive.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Wouldn't be easier for you to just order old style battery, with 2 screws instead of new with 4 screws, and somehow modify the fixation points and charging connector? If it is in stock, of course.

Where I am from, even the standard, samsung 18650 cells are cca 10€ each. So 12s*2p*10€ is 240€. Than you have to buy BCM, bulid everygin and still figure out fixation and charging connector. And you also need the charger...

I believe, this is what @O38 did. It looks like much less hassle, than complete build. And not much more expensive.
I’ve asked if they had stock but apparently my motor seller has no stock on the old battery.
Also, I plan doing a temporary 12s1p, cells Îve checked are around 5€ piece.
60€ for the cells, 20€ for BMS, 20€ for connectors and wires… +paying the guy who will do it, because I don’t have time right now…

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
it's using BT14 but still the old version without connector and need to modify the battery by own,
sure2 will take some photos for the headset for you..
Hey, do you have pics of the battery connector and the holes that you modified ?

Bengy22

Aug 25, 2022
USA
IIRC the max wattage I remember seeing someone observe was 650w in the of the build threads using the m820 with a 36v battery. So somewhere around 16a on a full charge. I also found someone claiming the bafang battery they got was rated for 18a max. But you are running a 43v motor so less amps for the same watts, roughly 13a (this assumes the higher voltage motor still gets caped at the same watts). Imo because you want to go with a 1p config go samsung 50s and be done with it, high capacity and high amp rating. Mate sure the battery builder spec's the series connections good enough though, double up on nickel or go copper.

I'm interested in though if bafang did limit the amps on the higher voltage m820's to peak around the same as the 36v, but at the crank that would mean less torque more rpms (assuming its just a software difference between motors, because I highly doubt they have 3 separate production lines for each voltage config). If they didn't limit the amps that would mean the same torque figures but more rpms, and of course higher peak watts.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
IIRC the max wattage I remember seeing someone observe was 650w in the of the build threads using the m820 with a 36v battery. So somewhere around 16a on a full charge. I also found someone claiming the bafang battery they got was rated for 18a max. But you are running a 43v motor so less amps for the same watts, roughly 13a (this assumes the higher voltage motor still gets caped at the same watts). Imo because you want to go with a 1p config go samsung 50s and be done with it, high capacity and high amp rating. Mate sure the battery builder spec's the series connections good enough though, double up on nickel or go copper.

I'm interested in though if bafang did limit the amps on the higher voltage m820's to peak around the same as the 36v, but at the crank that would mean less torque more rpms (assuming its just a software difference between motors, because I highly doubt they have 3 separate production lines for each voltage config). If they didn't limit the amps that would mean the same torque figures but more rpms, and of course higher peak watts.
yeah I was planning for other cells because the 50S are not available on several stores I've checked, but you're right, they clearly have the specs I need!

Bengy22

Aug 25, 2022
USA
yeah I was planning for other cells because the 50S are not available on several stores I've checked, but you're right, they clearly have the specs I need!
I'm not sure how prices are in France but in the USA the 50s is 2x the cost of a 50e, maybe worth considering a 2p config that way you don't have to wait and you also will get 2x the capacity or range. And with 2p you don't have to worry about the amp ratings anymore

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
I'm not sure how prices are in France but in the USA the 50s is 2x the cost of a 50e, maybe worth considering a 2p config that way you don't have to wait and you also will get 2x the capacity or range. And with 2p you don't have to worry about the amp ratings anymore
Your right, that’s worth checking it!

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
LCE929 is a common mold, which can save development costs, several buyers from different fatories want a frame also fit for M820, so we and others designed it, now only size M passed the test.
LCE930 is our private model of LC, it can be sold only with our permission.
We do not evaluate the commercial behavior of our peers, but product quality and delivery time and service of after-sell will prove everything.

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
There is already a topic about this frame with some more info. No response from LightCarbon yet.

LightCarbon LCE971, VPP/DW, Bafang M510/M600/M560
LCE971 now only size M passed test and mass production will be later, size L need more than two months,
the rear shock is standard 210*55mm
the battery is not bafang's battery, the box is SYR new youth, now not confirm the battery supplier,

LCE971.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles