Levo Gen 3 Levo Gen 4 2024 Rumours

OZI

Jan 4, 2024
Portugal
I’ve been told it will be a Brose motor. More efficient. With a choice of battery size.
A 600wh battery makes sense for people who weigh up to 65kg and are in better physical shape. This person will probably be able to keep up (range) with a person who weighs 95kg and is in worse shape but has an 800Wh battery.
Any information regarding the size of the motor and its orientation. I'm not talking about sexual orientation :)

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
No, nothing more than ‘they are staying with brose’. He did say his colleague had ridden it and he said it rode better, so maybe they have changed the software slightly etc. but no idea if it’s a completely new motor design/shape/orientation.
He did say the bike looks similar to new Stumpjumper, but I think we expected that.

emtbeast

Jan 10, 2022
Slovenia

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
My guess was and still is on this, adapted to the new bike and programed by Specialized as usual...

🚲⚡🤷‍♂️
@Zimmerframe reckons it is a Mahle, so one or both of you is definitely wrong.

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
I had previously assumed that Gen 4 would come with the new Brose motor, which was already announced at Eurobike last year. This would make sense because Specialized has always introduced the new Brose motor exclusively with each Levo generation. However, it is supposed to deliver the same values as Gen 3. But rumors about 110Nm and 800Wh for Gen 4 are increasing, so I find the Mahle idea quite interesting as well. Especially since the Mahle motors in the SL, while still not quiet, apparently run quite reliably...

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Mahle SL motor has no belt and you can't really compare 35Nm motor vs 90Nm motor reliability wise ...

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
Trust the internet reporters :)
No more Brose (Is it really hard to believe ? 4 years of a bad design with no real fixes and no real issues with Mahle on the SL's)
New Mahle x40 (or m40)
110nm
880wh
Travel/Geo tbd

OZI

Jan 4, 2024
Portugal
Some retailers got invites for a retailer summit at the end of September, I think its happening folks, here we go ... :cool:
This is in line with what I was told by my store in January 2024

Captura de ecrã 2024-08-07 144525.png

Stue007

Jan 3, 2024
Germany
Launch of the new Levo to be expected in Sep. presenting the S-Works and Pro models first - with Brose Peak 3 motor as far as speculation goes on in German E-MTB News forum.

For myself I would appreciate the new Brose motor in the Levo Gen 4, even if size reduction will be around 15 % only and still 2.9 kg as the prototypes of the Peak 3 have shown and despite new competitors with smaller/lighter full power motors (e.g., ZF and DJI) on the horizon. Love the feeling and energy efficiency of the current Brose S-Mag. German E-MTB News online magazine has experienced a Pike 3 prototype early this year in the field and stated a comparable feeling regarding power delivery and low noise development as with the S-Mag. New competitors have to show POC in the field first (heat management, dynamic power delivery, energy efficiency) incl. customer service network.

aHR0cHM6Ly9mc3RhdGljMS5lbXRiLW5ld3MuZGUvdjMvMC81Ni81NjQ4OS12MjgyZTR1ZGY1OTYtYnJvc2Vkcml2ZTNwZWFrX21vdG9yZHNjXzQ3ODQtb3JpZ2luYWwuanBn.jpg

Any further insider news?

Last edited:

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
I guess you are right because one week ago S-Works is now available in Norway with 40% discount and that's a insane good price.

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
Best time of the Levo lifecycle 😀
Rumors popping up everywhere, everyone is sharing their wishes, and in 2 months we might know more. Christmas for Levo fans 👍

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
Launch of the new Levo to be expected in Sep. presenting the S-Works and Pro models first - with Brose Peak 3 motor as far as speculation goes on in German E-MTB News forum.
Brose Peak 3 was announced with 95 Nm, but that doesn't match the rumors of 110 Nm in the Levo4... Well, rumors... we'll haveto wait and see.

DuncanDoughnuts

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town/JHB/Rippon
Ok..

There will be a 110 NM motor ... but will only be for the S-works. (with bigger battery)
They will all have same motor but performance will vary depending on the Tier.

This way those with many pennies can get the big boy motor and the rest of us get the lower powered version.

Last edited:

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
It was said here many times, the motor will be a Mahle, not Brose.
Taking into account the endless number of Brose failed motors and the low numbers of failed Mahle motors
on the SL's,it makes sense for Specialized to drop Brose.
Time will tell...

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
It was said here many times, the motor will be a Mahle, not Brose.
Taking into account the endless number of Brose failed motors and the low numbers of failed Mahle motors
on the SL's,it makes sense for Specialized to drop Brose.
Time will tell...
Again, you cannot really compare 90Nm vs 35Nm motor reliability wise ... If you restrict 90Nm motor to 35Nm you will also lower down the failures significantly ... And Mahle on SL is loud af ...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles