Levo Gen 3 Levo Gen 4 2024 Rumours... And assorted random chat ....

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
Not sure I follow but the upcoming gen of brose was mentioning no more belt. Brose delayed its new motor for working on reliability of current gen.

Is the Levo just not a brose in the end? If so, was it not the reason for the delay, assuming Specialized still want to work with brose.

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
Not sure I follow but the upcoming gen of brose was mentioning no more belt. Brose delayed its new motor for working on reliability of current gen.

Is the Levo just not a brose in the end? If so, was it not the reason for the delay, assuming Specialized still want to work with brose.
…not motor belt,
instead of cassette and derailleur, a belt drive like the VADO.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
But you know that Nicolai is sporting a Pinion MGU with internal gearbox?
You referenced to Vado where Brose is combined with 7 or 9 speed Gearhub.
They’re talking about MGU based bikes, not IGH based ones… Or that’s how the conversation started anyway.

Last edited:

Geas

Jun 24, 2022
Austria
Most of the new 2025 Bosch bikes have ugly fat downtubes due to the 800Wh battery from Bosch. Looking at other forums, most people do not like that optics. Well, I think there is a window of opportunity for Spesh...

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
Most of the new 2025 Bosch bikes have ugly fat downtubes due to the 800Wh battery from Bosch. Looking at other forums, most people do not like that optics. Well, I think there is a window of opportunity for Spesh...
Specialized I feel has been good with the packaging but I think the drive peak 3 could be it achilles heel.
Don’t think reliability and water ingress will be a problem next gen as it has been built working with bearings man but early testing shows the power is improved but not significantly.
If the rumour is that the Bosch G5 will get a similar update, the G4 had then I could be the nail.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Please stop fat shaming e bikes. E bikes with fat down tubes usually have great personalities and if you are nice to them, they will let you ride them all day long😎

surfshiny

Sep 14, 2024
Switzerland 🇨🇭
That Santa Cruz Vala with the 4bar is really adding complexity to my life. I think it's the best looking Santa Cruz so far.

Had an Intense 5.5, a Tallboy 2 and 3, and must say not a fan of the VPP link. This changes everything.

I see myself changing bike brands.
Just ordered the SC Vala in Midnight Green, leaving Turbo Levo and Levo SL behind for awhile. Kinda tough but very excited for this new chapter! Will still keep an eye on this forum though… 😉

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock

Doesn't Specialized already use 21700 cells in their current 700Wh battery?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles