Levo Gen 3 Levo Gen 4 2024 Rumours... And assorted random chat ....

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
There will be many bikes with the new motor from all the brands that currently use Bosch and many bikes from brands which will use Bosch for the first time like Santa Cruz.

sluette

Aug 9, 2022
Deutschland
As an absolute Specialized fan, it’s not easy for me to look for alternatives, but I do not want to support the current pricing policy. And the thought of buying a G3 in 2025 with the development status of 2022 doesn’t makes me happy. That’s why I’m currently researching Bosch or Shimano powered bikes. At the moment, the Moterra SL, Spectral CFR, and Wild Team are at the top of my list…

surfshiny

Sep 14, 2024
Switzerland 🇨🇭
As an absolute Specialized fan, it’s not easy for me to look for alternatives, but I do not want to support the current pricing policy. And the thought of buying a G3 in 2025 with the development status of 2022 doesn’t makes me happy. That’s why I’m currently researching Bosch or Shimano powered bikes. At the moment, the Moterra SL, Spectral CFR, and Wild Team are at the top of my list…
Please let us know what you land on, I’m in the same predicament! Full power, not SL for me. MX/mullet setup only. Considering SC Heckler, Moterra. Haven’t looked at Wild.

Apr 18, 2020
germany
I also didn't want to go the specialized route but its the only silent and relatively lightweight option for a full power ebike. I can't stand the rattle of the other motors. Plus the deals on current specialized models make them acceptable. Got my levo base carbon 2023 which I upgraded to somwhere between comp and pro model below 4500€ with all upgrades.

Apr 18, 2020
germany
Did you check it by moving the crank arms back and forth without a chain? You can also do it with the chain but might to have to roll the bike slowly forward. The current bosch also doesn't rattle equally in all frames but with this test you'll hear the freehub clicking.

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland

Moterra sl have a super low bb 33cm ..earth kiss machine. I stay at turbo levo, best motor feeling and best overal bike!!!

Janisj

Aug 27, 2022
Germany
I also didn't want to go the specialized route but its the only silent and relatively lightweight option for a full power ebike. I can't stand the rattle of the other motors. Plus the deals on current specialized models make them acceptable. Got my levo base carbon 2023 which I upgraded to somwhere between comp and pro model below 4500€ with all upgrades.
Try to consider DJI new Amflow.

Apr 18, 2020
germany
Well according to some reviews it rattles aswell plus I need the removable battery. If you take that into account the levo carbon isn't even that much heavier than the amflow. 1-2kg max. with the same parts I'm guessing. And I don't need the power as I'm a rather light rider.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
... I need the removable battery.....
You can charge it to 75% in 1.5 hours though. That has to mitigate that to some extent surely.

The mainstream / reasonable cost options as I see it:

bosch - rattles + freewheel ratchet sounds
shimano - won't allow motor repairs, will become a problem post warranty. Also heard of rattles.
specialized - lots of motor failures (5 personally)
DJI - unproven yet but looks very promising. Would like ebike motor centre's view on this one.

I'm in the market for a 2nd bike, I guess I'm leaning towards whatever the new specialized is, but it would have to be significantly different to the existing levo I already have for it to make sense to me.

Last edited:

Biano44

Oct 7, 2020
Charnwood
Well according to some reviews it rattles aswell plus I need the removable battery. If you take that into account the levo carbon isn't even that much heavier than the amflow. 1-2kg max. with the same parts I'm guessing. And I don't need the power as I'm a rather light rider.
Who in the world doesn't need more power? :ROFLMAO:

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
I would happily gamble on the DJI motor, but have some doubts on the AMflow, it's a pretty light frame so possibly more of a long legged trail bike than a proper all mountain or mini Enduro bike despite the good geo.

But mostly I have seen multiple comments from reputable suspension professionals saying the trunnion shock with a clevis devis is a recipe for blown shocks.

Would love one but it would probably be as a second bike (which I don't have space for). Now to convince my wife her city bike needs replacing with a 6k mountain bike... Not hapenning

Apr 18, 2020
germany
Yeah, I'd rather wait for a frame with the motor that has more travel. The 150 mm of the levo with the stock link is just barely enough for me and I'll switch to a cascade link over the winter I think.

You can charge it to 75% in 1.5 hours though. That has to mitigate that to some extent surely.

The mainstream / reasonable cost options as I see it:

bosch - rattles + freewheel ratchet sounds
shimano - won't allow motor repairs, will become a problem post warranty. Also heard of rattles.
specialized - lots of motor failures (5 personally)
DJI - unproven yet but looks very promising. Would like ebike motor centre's view on this one.

I'm in the market for a 2nd bike, I guess I'm leaning towards whatever the new specialized is, but it would have to be significantly different to the existing levo I already have for it to make sense to me.
Yeah, I fear the reliability problems of the Brose but as I'm no that heavy and never tune/use the motor at peak power I hope it will not be as unreliable compared to heavier riders that need to ride with more assistance. I just like a silent bike.

And yeah fast chargin is nice but I mostly travel with a campervan and with a non removable battery I'd need to get a new bike rack, a solution for charging it when it rains (I have a converter with solar panels). And I mostly charge it while driving so I'd need to pull long cables to the back. Or I'm chargin in a restauran which would also not possible with non removable battery. Plus I can put the levo in the shed when its cold/hot and store the battery always at optimal temps.

Who in the world doesn't need more power? :ROFLMAO:

It mainly comes down to rider weight how much assistance you need. I only weigh around 70 kg with riding gear and the power of even the e8000 was more than enough for me, even on steep alpine terrain. If I would weigh 20 kg more it would be a different story. Fitness doesn't have that much of an influence on this if we are not talking about extremes.

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Don't forget about the Pivot LT, that will be switching from Shimano to Bosch like the Shuttle AM.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles