Levo Gen 3 Levo Gen 4 2024 Rumours... And assorted random chat ....

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
There are many launches coming from all the brands that currently work with Bosch (Norco,Mondraker,Focus,Orbea,Moustach,Ghost,Lapierre,Trek...) and from brands that are picking Bosch for the first time like SC, Intense, Transition (?)...

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
Same thing happened with the Levo SL, it was postponed because they realised they weren’t going to be competitive with a 35nm motor when everyone else was 50-60nm. I’m guessing if it is postponed it’s to do with battery tech, probably trying to come up with a lighter battery.
I thought exactly the same thing. The problem of the SL was that they just changed some spec on the paper in the hope to have more competitive product…. But in reality. The SL bike is not in the game.. I hope they won’t to do the same with the Levo GEN 4….

Madden126

Jul 8, 2024
-
There are many launches coming from all the brands that currently work with Bosch (Norco,Mondraker,Focus,Orbea,Moustach,Ghost,Lapierre,Trek...) and from brands that are picking Bosch for the first time like SC, Intense, Transition (?)...
New Cube bikes also

cosboom

Oct 31, 2023
germany
gen5 cx looks really intresting.
no more rattle nearly as quiet as the brose smag.

but only one intresting bike launch with the new cx the ghost e riot imho

Geas

Jun 24, 2022
Austria
I'm surprised by how large the downtube is on most of the new Bosch Gen 5 bikes (e.g. new TREK Rail). New bikes presented today do not seem to offer big improvements. Taking a step back and the time to work on (hopefully) a new banger product feels like the right move from Spesh.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
I'm surprised by how large the downtube is on most of the new Bosch Gen 5 bikes (e.g. new TREK Rail). New bikes presented today do not seem to offer big improvements. Taking a step back and the time to work on (hopefully) a new banger product feels like the right move from Spesh.
I was surprised by the shape of the battery on the new Bosch as well, still very wide. Figured more people would be following the path of Amflow and others with the skinny long battery for a more normal looking downtube.

xtraman122

Mar 2, 2024
USA
Long skinny batteries move more weight to the front wheel and higher above the bb.
True, it’s probably much harder for manufacturers to conform to as well. You probably have to get the people designing the frame and the people making the battery in the same room together to make those skinny things that integrate really well.

Apr 18, 2020
germany
Bosch only sells the complete system and doesn't allow custom batteries which is the reason many brands use shimano for their first ebike as Bosch also only deals with companies who buy the whole system and big numbers.

Long skinny batteries move more weight to the front wheel and higher above the bb.

Exactly! From a weight and handling perspective large intube batteries are way worse than external batteries. That's also the reason that specialized rotated the motor and the battery is sliding out at the bottom of the frame. The optics are not ideal but the handling is better. If you want to know how bad a high center of gravity is try adding a frame bag hig in the front center and put some heavy stuff in it. The bike will be way harder to 'tip over' for small direction corrections on trails. Its even kinda dangerous because you'll be pushed off the ideal line and subsequently the whole trail way easier.

Apr 18, 2020
germany
Wut? I think it looks pretty generic because of the 4 bar. There must be dozens of ebikes that have a similar frame and suspension design.

Plus its barely lighter while having a smaller, non-removable battery and less geometry tweak options.

Motor might be more reliable, efficient and powerful though.

DuncanDoughnuts

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town/JHB/Rippon
Wut? I think it looks pretty generic because of the 4 bar. There must be dozens of ebikes that have a similar frame and suspension design.

Plus its barely lighter while having a smaller, non-removable battery and less geometry tweak options.

Motor might be more reliable, efficient and powerful though.
I think is more a asthetheic personal things... I just love that look where the Shox is parallel to the seat tube....

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
And remember, specialized has had a brose with belt system and auto shift for a long time "vado"... who knows if that belt and new brose engine will suddenly come in the levo gen4...

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
And remember, specialized has had a brose with belt system and auto shift for a long time "vado"... who knows if that will suddenly come in the levo gen4...

The latest delay is a but unusual .. (it's already been delayed soooooooo many times).

It was so far ahead of the curve it was like "wow" ...

However, there have been advances from others and whilst not ground breaking, still bring offerings closer to the Gen4.

We had something similar with the SL2 - but that was mainly technical issues being addressed. Which was great that they'd rather delay and rectify any minor issues rather than customers have problems (though I think resulted in some missed bikes from the update process, hence a lot of weird early testing anomalies).

Therefore, they've either delayed to make some changes/deal with some additional development problems .. or it's financial/market based. Clear more stock now whilst it's slow anyway going into northern hemisphere winter without too much discounting and hope your product is still enough ahead of the game for the traditional EMTBers next spring to clear the crap loads of containers of bikes you must have sitting about by then.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
And remember, specialized has had a brose with belt system and auto shift for a long time "vado"... who knows if that belt and new brose engine will suddenly come in the levo gen4...

That would be amazing. Major selling point for me as the chain / cassette is such a weak point, and I am tired of cleaning them!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles