LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Jorel

Mar 4, 2021
Germany
That’s old school DH.

Don’t suppose you have vids from their jump line? It’s an hour and half from me but I’ve only heard bad things about bad wildbad bike park so we’ve never went
Jumpline vid will be online soon.
New owners made heavy improvements.
Epic Downhill is the only track that was left unchanged.
Worth a visit.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Ahhh home sweet home... Have you been hacking my Strava/Garmin feeds again?

PS. I can show you a little mild gnarliness off to the sides some time.

PPS. hoping to get through work this morning, for a lap of Dalby this afternoon if your around?

Thanks for the offer but as I’ve just had a week off I’m playing catch with work up today (need to get off this forum too!!) so won’t be riding anywhere this afternoon. My motor died on the Cube hardtail my other half uses too so waiting for that to be fixed now

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Out and about again today, think the shorter video works better and managed to get some better footage. Hobbit Hill is actually named Shirehill .

I like this thread for videos such as this. No doubt many of us watch pro rider You-Tube edits of the the fastest & most technical trails & downhill runs filmed on the latest 5k GoPro gizmos with semi-professional editing teams working on the footage behind the scenes, but where else can you see lo-fi low-budget footage of real rides by real people. The DIY culture is strong & alive ✊

This flick makes me feel like I’m a wild animal chasing some prey down a hill in hyperspeed mode !

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
I like this thread for videos such as this. No doubt many of us watch pro rider You-Tube edits of the the fastest & most technical trails & downhill runs filmed on the latest 5k GoPro gizmos with semi-professional editing teams working on the footage behind the scenes, but where else can you see lo-fi low-budget footage of real rides by real people. The DIY culture is strong & alive

This flick makes me feel like I’m a wild animal chasing some prey down a hill in hyperspeed mode !
Haha yeah I agree, plus I don't have the software to make spectacular edits as I do it all on my phone. I only sped up the video of flat / ups of the slabbed path section and left the downs as they were.
P.s love the soundtrack on your latest vid and the views were great. We'll put together

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Haha yeah I agree, plus I don't have the software to make spectacular edits as I do it all on my phone. I only sped up the video of flat / ups of the slabbed path section and left the downs as they were.
P.s love the soundtrack on your latest vid and the views were great. We'll put together

I can’t take any credit as the GoPro Quik app does 90% of the work for you and syncs all the transitions in time with the music. It’s an easy and lazy way to make a quick edit. The only problem with the GoPro app is that it’s either music OR trail / mic audio, you can’t have both unless you export the GoPro edit in RAW to another editing software package (such as LumaFusion) to then add music, which is a bit of a faff

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
This weekend's ride out in the peak district which has a couple of other forum members on. Slight rebrand of the channel as i do enjoy a little bit of word play and i'm extremely pale :p

It was my first time up over this way and it being a large group we lost a huge amount of time to punctures and other minor mechanicals. Fairly wide range of skills too which made it a bit stop start if you were in the wrong position in the queue.

Despite all the negative aspects i thoroughly enjoyed the day out and can't wait to do something similar again.

Enjoy (as if anyone ever does.. :cool:)

TR5_20

Nov 22, 2020
Scotland
Slight rebrand of the channel as i do enjoy a little bit of word play and i'm extremely pale :p
Enjoy (as if anyone ever does.. :cool:)

Enjoyed that, looked like a good day out.

Also liking the channel name - the Whyte is your peely-wally pedelec....! ???????:D
Ah’ll get ma coat…. :rolleyes:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Worth a visit mate, as it was a social with a few riders who weren’t confident we only stuck to mostly reds.

Some nice blacks to hit ??

We’ve booked some accommodation at Coed Y Brenin next year in May, I was thinking of trying Llandegla on the last day before heading home. I asked a mate who’s from the area about Llandegla as he used to regularly ride there and he told me it had been ruined by those boardwalks, but they look good fun on your vid!

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
We’ve booked some accommodation at Coed Y Brenin next year in May, I was thinking of trying Llandegla on the last day before heading home. I asked a mate who’s from the area about Llandegla as he used to regularly ride there and he told me it had been ruined by those boardwalks, but they look good fun on your vid!

I would deffo do it mate.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Just a 6 minute set of clips from yesterday's ride up at Darwen Hill and Moor. Cows, grouse and pheasant in the footage. No deer, like earlier in the week when I surprised a Roe deer whilst doing over 30mph. It ran ahead of me for about 30 yards but, of course, I didn't have my Go Pro with me!

Also, I don't know what YouTube do to the videos when processing them... This is 1080p footage and fantastic quality as an MP4 on my PC. Once uploaded to YT, it looks like they've mangled it, compressed the sh1t out of it, etc.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Just a 6 minute set of clips from yesterday's ride up at Darwen Hill and Moor. Cows, grouse and pheasant in the footage. No deer, like earlier in the week when I surprised a Roe deer whilst doing over 30mph. It ran ahead of me for about 30 yards but, of course, I didn't have my Go Pro with me!

Also, I don't know what YouTube do to the videos when processing them... This is 1080p footage and fantastic quality as an MP4 on my PC. Once uploaded to YT, it looks like they've mangled it, compressed the sh1t out of it, etc.

It takes a few days for YouTube to covert your vid to 1080p. In the meantime we have to manually change the settings from 360 to the highest resolution possible, in your case currently 720p

It’s quite annoying, many of the channels I watch are now defaulting to 360p, it’s seems to only be the professional channels that automatically upload to 1080p or higher but presume they pay a premium subscription for that

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England

Its showing as 1080 fine for me. It just takes a bit of time to process, I upload in 4k and sometimes takes a few hours to show in 4k

LoamLab

Jun 10, 2021
Squamish
That could be drone footage by the stablization? what was you using?
It's a 360 camera mounted to my head, and normally I would frame it in post processing so that you can see my bars, but unfortunately there was a mud splatter on the lense that was very distracting so I framed it higher than usual because I really liked the colours and the way it flowed. It's a great section of trail, and after coming out of a rowdy snow storm minutes before, into that little bit of awesome was pretty special.

That’s why I say chest mount rules.

@LoamLab amazing scenery.

Yeah, it was a pretty amazing spot, at just the right time. Pouring rain on the drive out, sun cracking out at the start and riding through snow covered trees with a brown dirt ribbon to ride on. Then a blizzard, and finally what you see there.

Chest mount is good for landscape videos like this, but not as good for vertical as it's hard to show the bars without showing your chin at the same time unless you zoom in so much that the quality suffers. As much as I can't stand vertical videos on principal, Instagram's insistence on portrait mode means that reels need to be rendered vertically to fill the screen. I've never been an Insta user, and never had a camera prior to a couple of months ago other than my phone, but with starting a new brand it's pretty much mandatory to have a presence on social media. And since I am just starting out, I'm the sole content creator. Luckily I like bikes a whole lot, and also luckily I live in a place that shoots well (although this was shot about a 9 hour drive away - still close enough but not my local), so it's not much of a stretch to put some things together.

I'm looking forward to GoPro updating the 360 to higher resolution. It's a great camera, for the very reason you can shoot first, then render in either format later without fussing with the camera angle or missing the shot because it's pointed a little too high or low, but it does suffer a bit when you want to zoom it in later, or if you want to shoot with higher frame rates.

Last edited:

LoamLab

Jun 10, 2021
Squamish
It takes a few days for YouTube to covert your vid to 1080p. In the meantime we have to manually change the settings from 360 to the highest resolution possible, in your case currently 720p

It’s quite annoying, many of the channels I watch are now defaulting to 360p, it’s seems to only be the professional channels that automatically upload to 1080p or higher but presume they pay a premium subscription for that

I had a similar problem when I posted my first fast moving video and it looked like garbage. After doing some reading, it was suggested to upscale the export from your camera to 4K even if it's only 1080p, then edit, export and upload in 4K and YT will supposedly treat it differently. The difference was night and day for me. It took the better part of a day for the 4K version to finish on YT, but it was just over 8mins long. The video in question is this one It's now watchable whereas the previous 1080 upload looked like it was shot with an 8 year old cell phone. I do not pay for a subscription, although I do pay for G-Suite for my email and cloud storage so perhaps there's some kind of joint thing going on there that allows me to do this, but I don't think so. This was the first time I shot using a full face, and it didn't allow for framing it as well as I would have liked and will try a chest mount next time. Also would have been nice to shoot the second run when I had a better idea where the corners were, but my battery died. They sure don't last long with the 360 camera.

Last edited:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I had a similar problem when I posted my first fast moving video and it looked like garbage. After doing some reading, it was suggested to upscale the export from your camera to 4K even if it's only 1080p, then edit, export and upload in 4K and YT will supposedly treat it differently. The difference was night and day for me. It took the better part of a day for the 4K version to finish on YT, but it was just over 8mins long. The video in question is this one and it now is watchable whereas the previous 1080 upload looked like it was shot with an 8 year old cell phone. I do not pay for a subscription, although I do pay for G-Suite for my email and cloud storage so perhaps there's some kind of joint thing going on there that allows me to do this, but I don't think so.

That’s useful to know thanks

Strangely however, your video you just posted has defaulted to 360p, and can only be changed to 720p when using the EMTB forum browser

If I watch your video on the YouTube app however I can change it to 1080p in advanced settings

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I had a similar problem when I posted my first fast moving video and it looked like garbage. After doing some reading, it was suggested to upscale the export from your camera to 4K even if it's only 1080p, then edit, export and upload in 4K and YT will supposedly treat it differently. The difference was night and day for me. It took the better part of a day for the 4K version to finish on YT, but it was just over 8mins long. The video in question is this one and it now is watchable whereas the previous 1080 upload looked like it was shot with an 8 year old cell phone. I do not pay for a subscription, although I do pay for G-Suite for my email and cloud storage so perhaps there's some kind of joint thing going on there that allows me to do this, but I don't think so.

I like the look of your Counterpunch grips. Any UK distributors ?

LoamLab

Jun 10, 2021
Squamish
I like the look of your Counterpunch grips. Any UK distributors ?

Thanks, that's great to hear.

No distributors yet, but if you know anyone who might be interested let me know. Or have them contact me on my website or Instagram page.

I have setup the shipping so it automatically subsidizes it by $12 on orders over $50, so in some cases international shipping is pretty affordable. Depends where you are though. So give it a go, and see what comes up; it might be quite reasonable.

Strangely however, your video you just posted has defaulted to 360p, and can only be changed to 720p when using the EMTB forum browser
If I watch your video on the YouTube app however I can change it to 1080p in advanced settings
Is there no 2160p option? I have tried a couple of browsers and can get that option on both, even without going to YouTube direct, without being logged in to EMTB or YT. Maybe it's a regional thing.

Last edited:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Thanks, that's great to hear.

No distributors yet, but if you know anyone who might be interested let me know. Or have them contact me on my website or Instagram page.

I have setup the shipping so it automatically subsidizes it by $12 on orders over $50, so in some cases international shipping is pretty affordable. Depends where you are though. So give it a go, and see what comes up; it might be quite reasonable.

Is there no 2160p option? I have tried a couple of browsers and can get that option on both, even without going to YouTube direct, without being logged in to EMTB or YT. Maybe it's a regional thing.

No 2160p option, 1080p is the highest resolution on offer. Maybe YouTube restricts higher resolutions sometimes based on busy periods of site traffic? No idea!

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
It's a 360 camera mounted to my head, and normally I would frame it in post processing so that you can see my bars, but unfortunately there was a mud splatter on the lense that was very distracting so I framed it higher than usual because I really liked the colours and the way it flowed. It's a great section of trail, and after coming out of a rowdy snow storm minutes before, into that little bit of awesome was pretty special.

Yeah, it was a pretty amazing spot, at just the right time. Pouring rain on the drive out, sun cracking out at the start and riding through snow covered trees with a brown dirt ribbon to ride on. Then a blizzard, and finally what you see there.

Chest mount is good for landscape videos like this, but not as good for vertical as it's hard to show the bars without showing your chin at the same time unless you zoom in so much that the quality suffers. As much as I can't stand vertical videos on principal, Instagram's insistence on portrait mode means that reels need to be rendered vertically to fill the screen. I've never been an Insta user, and never had a camera prior to a couple of months ago other than my phone, but with starting a new brand it's pretty much mandatory to have a presence on social media. And since I am just starting out, I'm the sole content creator. Luckily I like bikes a whole lot, and also luckily I live in a place that shoots well (although this was shot about a 9 hour drive away - still close enough but not my local), so it's not much of a stretch to put some things together.

I'm looking forward to GoPro updating the 360 to higher resolution. It's a great camera, for the very reason you can shoot first, then render in either format later without fussing with the camera angle or missing the shot because it's pointed a little too high or low, but it does suffer a bit when you want to zoom it in later, or if you want to shoot with higher frame rates.
Yeah I love my MAX for these reasons, whatever format, shoot in any direction and pick the shot and format you want in editing after.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles