Kenevo Internal Gear Cable

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
Are there any threads somewhere on here with any tutorials on how to replace the Kenevo gear cable? A video link would be amazing!!!

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
The internal is easy, just remove the current one and replace with a new one

Unless you mean the Outer cable (black one)

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Isn’t it just a case of drop the motor and battery, and feed it through? Just be careful of the internal wiring when you drop the motor out.

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
You may not need to drop the motor, but if its anything like my SL Comp then the cable will get stuck when you try to remove it

I currently have the outer cable still there until I get around to dropping the motor to remove it

Jul 1, 2022
Finland
I have successfully used Rockshox Reverb Barb Connector in other bikes to connect the old (still in place in the bike) outer cable to new one. Then just pull the old outer cable out, which pulls the new cable to its correct place, voilà.

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
Isn’t it just a case of drop the motor and battery, and feed it through? Just be careful of the internal wiring when you drop the motor out.
Thanks Dax, but Im not really that confident i can do that kinda thing atm. Id love to see a tutorial of someone doing it first, if there is one floating around on the ethernet?

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
I have successfully used Rockshox Reverb Barb Connector in other bikes to connect the old (still in place in the bike) outer cable to new one. Then just pull the old outer cable out, which pulls the new cable to its correct place, voilà.
Cool MagisterBibendi, nice1, so is this one of those little things that you screw into both the cables connect them together n pull one through? isnt it really for seatposts?

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
You may not need to drop the motor, but if its anything like my SL Comp then the cable will get stuck when you try to remove it

I currently have the outer cable still there until I get around to dropping the motor to remove it
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKkkkkKkkKKkk...That would be fun XD Drop probably being the key word with my current capabilities...=/

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
This was the way when I change the hose.
Hose should also be pushed, not just pulled.

I have used same method when changed brake hoses.

Jul 1, 2022
Finland
Cool MagisterBibendi, nice1, so is this one of those little things that you screw into both the cables connect them together n pull one through? isnt it really for seatposts?
Exactly. I don’t actually know how it is intended to be used in its original application with the Reverb. But works like a charm with any cable outer housings. If I recall right the other end of the barb connector at least was reverse threaded, something to keep in mind.

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
Exactly. I don’t actually know how it is intended to be used in its original application with the Reverb. But works like a charm with any cable outer housings. If I recall right the other end of the barb connector at least was reverse threaded, something to keep in mind.
Excellent, many thanks for that, much appreciated, Sir =)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles