Is Orbea customer service horrible

Picard12

Sep 16, 2024
Canada
I heard rumors that Orbea customer service is really bad.
Bike shops have hard time trying to get warranty parts for customers.

The shock bolt broke frequently. This is a common issue for older Obea wild bikes

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK

The shock bolt broke frequently. This is a common issue for older Obea wild bikes
Without specifying what these "rumours" are, and the sources, you could make exactly the same allegation about absolutely any other manufacturer. Await your your reply, but not holding my breath.
popcorn.gif

Picard12

Sep 16, 2024
Canada
Without specifying what these "rumours" are, and the sources, you could make exactly the same allegation about absolutely any other manufacturer. Await your your reply, but not holding my breath.
popcorn.gif
How many other brands have bad customer service besides Canyon? This brand has solid poor customer service

Weeksy

Subscriber
Dec 13, 2019
Reading
I asked for a shock linkage on 2 Rises, they arrived in 5 days. I asked for a new wheel, that took 5 days. Done

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
As the previous poster mentioned, almost every brand has numerous reports of poor service on this forum and others...

The only brand with good aftersales service reputation is specialized, but mostly because they have to warranty each motor on a yearly basis (hyperbole, but you will also hear horror stories about their reliability).

Personally I've had pretty good service from Giant and Yt even though they have a poor reputation here. Presumably a lot of brands picked up a bad reputation in 2021/2022 when they had no replacement parts and couldn't source components.

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
Depends where you are where they are.

Canyon, yt, propain is excellent within Europe.

Canyon is garbage within US.

Weeksy

Subscriber
Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Canada Orbea customer service is bad
Right? And? That means Orbea is bad? You seem to have walked into the room having a question but already knowing the answer. I'm struggling to get where you're going with this other than not listening to people who are telling you that you're wrong

Streddaz

Jul 7, 2022
Tasmania
I'd recommend buying from a brand that has a local dealer that you can personally visit if you have any issues. Direct to consumer can be risky but depends on where you live.

Oppa

Mar 22, 2024
Rhode Island

My experience with Orbea (I have a 2023 M10 Rise) is in 3 parts. First, when I called customer service for a couple different questions/issues they have been helpful. Second, emailing has been good but always several day delays for a response. Third, not so good. Ordering parts, derailer hanger, and key ways for dropper post, basically sucked. Took waaaaay to long to get them. These are sacrificial parts which should be on the shelf and should be readily available(they are proprietary although you can find them on line). So I ended up buying spares to have them on hand. So overall it’s no better or worse than other manufactures. Just an old guys 2 cents 😵‍💫

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
Like most brands, they do not have stock/warehouse in different countries, they ship on demand. So yes it will always take time if you are far away.

Picard12

Sep 16, 2024
Canada
I chat with a orbea owner who said they won't send speed sensor because it's low on stock. Orbea has the sensor but won't ship it

Weeksy

Subscriber
Dec 13, 2019
Reading
I chat with a orbea owner who said they won't send speed sensor because it's low on stock. Orbea has the sensor but won't ship it
I chatted with one today, he was happy.

You know the speed sensor is £30. If someone isn't riding their bike because of a £30 speed sensor then more fool them.

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
I've had two seperate dealings with Orbea and Bosch (different bikes) - both distributors were crap, though the dealers I bought from were good.

Bosch won't even reveal the cost of a new CX 4 - apparently I can't even buy a new motor out of warranty unless my current motor is completely dead.

Raili’s People

Aug 16, 2024
FIN
Dealers come and go, fact of life. If you don't want to buy (directly or indirectly) from a dealer then you'll have to buy direct. Your call.
It’s not about the dealer. If I understand correctly, every dealer has to deal with Orbea in warranty cases. How does it matter if it’s dealer A or B?

Rise batteries are taking forever to delivery from what I’ve read. Avoid proprietary batteries at all costs. Shame it excludes some of the nicest emtb’s.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
It’s not about the dealer. If I understand correctly, every dealer has to deal with Orbea in warranty cases. How does it matter if it’s dealer A or B?

Rise batteries are taking forever to delivery from what I’ve read. Avoid proprietary batteries at all costs. Shame it excludes some of the nicest emtb’s.
In this event dealers should hold stock.

gsum

Jul 31, 2021
Lake District
I've had nothing but good service from Orbea for my 2021 Rise. A replacement charge port door and a new battery extender were delivered to my house within days. Both faults were minor and due to poor design. I suspect that Orbea have had many problems with these parts which I understand have been improved in later versions of the Rise.

kevtp19

Jan 8, 2023
Plymouth

For my 2022 rise, unless the battery goes under warranty (3 months left). I will not be able to replace the battery. Orbea told me this themselves when I enquired. I agree with the above, I will never buy a bike with a proprietary battery ever again.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK

irie said:
In this event dealers should hold stock.
Well, not always, look at KTM, Triumph etc. even Trek or Specialized, they're all brought in when needed. Sure a dealer will have a few bits, but mostly they come from a central location
"In this event" obviously meant "in the event" that Orbea themselves are unable or unwilling to supply spare parts in a timely manner. 😀

Raili’s People

Aug 16, 2024
FIN
For my 2022 rise, unless the battery goes under warranty (3 months left). I will not be able to replace the battery. Orbea told me this themselves when I enquired. I agree with the above, I will never buy a bike with a proprietary battery ever again.
Couple weeks ago I canceled a really nice, new and customed Rise M10 2023 with carbon wheels. Reason was this ^^

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles