How much longer can YT survive?

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I think supply and shipping problems due to covid and export costs with brexit has hit the European mail order brands like yt and commencal , they are no longer such an economical choice to buy in uk at least . It will be good for our bike dealers . I guess the message is buy British and support British dealers . Discount bike stuff is finished at least for the short term .

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
I think will be divisive for retailers. Easier for the big boys to front up the cash and buy up a ton of stock to keep their revenues going. Much harder for your smaller LBS who'll be relying on walk up trade and ordering from distribution.
This is exactly what one of my local LBS said.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
This is just an unsure memory but did shimano suffered a fire?
That might be one part of the reason some manufacturers are having delayed deliveries.
I saw the computer screen at my LBS and they know for example they will receive a small whatever bike on week 21 and one more on week 29 so it is a derby, put money down or we might wait an other 8 weeks.
People start shopping with the intention to buy a 2,000$ bike but buy at 2,900 or 3,800 to enjoy the season.
I also read about bikes being delivered with different componants

jk-

Jan 26, 2020
Around
I think supply and shipping problems due to covid and export costs with brexit has hit the European mail order brands like yt and commencal , they are no longer such an economical choice to buy in uk at least . It will be good for our bike dealers . I guess the message is buy British and support British dealers . Discount bike stuff is finished at least for the short term .

Their still be a market for direct bike brands trust me. Everyone is different mate.

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
Discount bike stuff is finished at least for the short term .

I managed to get 10% off on my bike, and it was the only one available at the time. they (ukbikesdepot.com, cyclegear halifax) seemed to run the offer for ages afterwards too, I can't weigh it up ?‍♂️

I do miss the old hang on til October & pick up this year's rocket ship for 40% off though. Those days have definitely gone for the time being.

that used to always annoy me as my size (XL) was never available come October and was even hard to get and XL mid year so I was always forced to buy new whenever they were available at full price

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles