Dji avinox

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
First ride test: Exclusive test: 2025 AMFLOW PL Carbon Pro – What is AMFLOW’s eMTB with its DJI Avinox Motor capable of?

Spoiler: there is almost no information in the article. Infuriatingly so, nothing about range, power, ride quality (they only talk about the rear tyre being rubbish).

Come on Rob, give us the deets!!!
As soon as I can!

There’s tons to talk about on this bike.

Motor. Frame. Geo. Ride quality. App. Battery and so on.

Also needs a bit of an RR Edition build too 😜

Last edited:

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Cheers! I'm sure its a very busy period with the new Spesh and Bosch around the corner. I imagine many are like myself waiting for the announcements at the end of september to decide on the next bike!

Great job with the pod by the way

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Cheers! I'm sure its a very busy period with the new Spesh and Bosch around the corner. I imagine many are like myself waiting for the announcements at the end of september to decide on the next bike!
The next 2 months are amongst some of the best in years for new releases. There’s going to be some amazing choices!!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Can you say where?

I can see it for pre order/special order at Escape Bike Shop

Sprockets have a page, but it's unpopulated atm
Not even an indication of price, other than £0. But I'll bet it is a lot of money!

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Not even an indication of price, other than £0. But I'll bet it is a lot of money!

I can’t share the numbers I was told because they aren’t final, but assuming they don’t change much, I’d say it’s priced inline with other mid tier full fats.

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
The next 2 months are amongst some of the best in years for new releases. There’s going to be some amazing choices!!
Hi Rob, with all the releases coming (Gen5,DJI,ZF,New Levo...),which i'm sure you rode by now, do you feel the new gen5 with same power/form factor/weight (+-) is lagging beyond significantly and would cause customers to skip bikes with the system, or is it still relevant and on the same level of the new competition ?

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Nice bike but with not removable battery like Orbea potential customer including me can't buy it since they have no other options to charging than to remove the battery.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Well, I stand corrected on the DJI timeline as it sounds like they are hitting testers in the USA as we speak.

E-bikes are similar to EV cars, they advance so quickly that the resale value is gone nearly immediately.

Told myself I'd go a few years with my Relay but it's fun to see where the technology all goes and to read reviews and plan my next e-bike purchase.

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Got an email from AMflow saying they will have a booth at IFA Berlin tomorrow, I wonder if there will be more news (i.e. ride reviews).

It's pretty bonkers how much and how fast DJI are releasing these days, today they announced a completely new drone, they have a new camera under wraps coming out this month, all while launching the motor system and new bike brand.

I could see them really putting the hurt on a lot of brands by coming out with a 1-2 year update cycle for the electronics. Didn't they say the motor is the 8th version after prototypes?

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
Yeah I think there is really no need to jump on this one right now, between non removable battery and 160mm travel for 10k ... this is going to be a deal breaker for a lot of people. Drone integration might not be enough.

Let's be patient and hope that some third party will want to integrate them or even better if they go with freeride bike.

Really too expensive for a classic geometry and kinematic, the motor is not everything.

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
Prices and specs released.

1726129620336.png

1726129653967.png

You can also find your nearest store for a test ride.

Last edited:

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
This is a bit expensive as expected.

I wonder on which category/class the bike is settled for, class 3? No info on the frame itself regarding max travel front/rear it could support.

Not sure I like the idea to not being able to pick the color but I cannot access the order part so maybe that's over there?

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
According to the Sprockets page, under 'Further Info' it says it also comes with a torque wrench, shock pump and front and rear lights.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD

I wonder on which category/class the bike is settled for, class 3? No info on the frame itself regarding max travel front/rear it could support.

Not sure I like the idea to not being able to pick the color but I cannot access the order part so maybe that's over there?

Starts at €6500…isn’t that inline with the market?

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I was thinking and trying to justify it to myself, but truth is its an unknown still and we're all excited about the power/weight etc but how does the bike ride/fit.
I'd love a demo to convince me to N+1.

• Agree
Reactions: Dax

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy

9999 Eur for a carbon frame,xo t-type,carbon wheels,factory suspension and bought through dealers.
All that without taking into account the most advanced e-system in the market.
Imho the prices are actually surprisingly reasonable.

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018

RichMorr

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Uk
Biketart says it’s in stock with 2-3 days delivery

whitymon

Nov 29, 2023
Europe
To me for 10k I would go Pinion because the weight is irrelevant to my type of riding which is mostly DH. I found their system to maybe be the ultimate solution. We still need long term review on autonomy and reliability but with a Nicolai you are pretty sure to have great support.

Cf other comment, I do not consider DJI to the most advance e-system, it does not bring anything new to your ride or I miss something. What DJI to me is apparently achieving, is a light emtb with the range of a full power emtb. That is a potential breakthrough.
I just wish we could have a configurator over there for MX and Color, but that might come after they seem enough traction. Let's not forget they sell their motor to other brand, this is the part where I am eager to see.

Remember this is only the beginning of really new stuff, 2025 promise a tons of new dream bike!

gbcoke

Aug 28, 2022
italy
Regarding "most advanced", it may be indeed different to every user.
For me, the lightest motor per torque, light batteries, wireless control, touch screen and the most powerful charger at 12AH (why are all brands stuck with 4A??) means most advanced compared to the competition. Without mentioning future options with drones and cameras.

There will be many new bikes after Bosch gen5 introduction at the end of the month, but for me Bosch didn't show any real advancements in the system other than lighter batteries .
I'm still after the better bike and not the better e-system, but if you can have both, especially with a logical price point, than it's a win. Will wait for AMflow reviews to see if it's the case...

Last edited:

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
Quite stingy droppers on them. I wonder if that is to save money and weight or because those are the longest that will fit? Insertion depth does look a bit limited by that relatively high ST kink...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles