DH World Cup thread

HandsomeDanNZ

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Auckland NZ
Have there been any updates on Cam Zink?

Last I heard was during the second round where they said he was in a stable condition since being airlifted out.

No updates that I have seen on his actual injuries and condition. That was a massive crash.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Have there been any updates on Cam Zink?

Last I heard was during the second round where they said he was in a stable condition since being airlifted out.

No updates that I have seen on his actual injuries and condition. That was a massive crash.
His wife said he had a collapsed lung and 6 broken ribs .. ow ..

HandsomeDanNZ

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Auckland NZ
Apparently Zink posted to social media that he’s busted 6 ribs and punctured his lung.

1728894893853.jpeg

HandsomeDanNZ

Subscriber
Jun 16, 2024
Auckland NZ
Next year World Cup changes have been made. No more semis and no more protected riders. I like it!
Lots of info here: Changes to WC for 2025 onwards
A maximum of 20 gravity teams and 20 endurance teams will become UCI Mountain Bike World Series teams for the entire season.
For both categories, 15 invitations to join this top tier of teams will be based on the annual UCI team ranking, with an additional five teams benefiting from wildcard invitations for the season.
UCI Mountain Bike World Series teams will benefit from multi-year commitments from 2026 onwards, supporting long-term planning and development.

This was a bit sad to see:

Enduro and pausing of E-Enduro​

A common decision has been made, in agreement with all the stakeholders involved in the UCI E-Enduro World Cup format, to press pause on the UCI E-Enduro World Cup to work with the industry towards a future format. However, E-Enduro will maintain its UCI World Championship status and will remain an open racing category at the UCI Enduro World Cup.
Moreover, men junior and women junior categories will be introduced for Enduro at the UCI World Championships, offering young athletes more opportunities to shine on the world stage.
UCI sports director Peter Van Den Abeele said: “The introduction of the WHOOP UCI Mountain Bike World Series two years ago has led to significant growth of mountain bike and an increase in its popularity.
"Together with WBD Sports, the UCI wishes to build on the momentum with these changes that will simplify certain processes, favour globalisation, and make competition formats easier to follow and therefore even more exciting for the fans.”

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
I think the UCI sports director needs a drug test. My take is the opposite of his statement. The last two years have been a big step backwards for mtb competition for the riders and the viewers.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I think the UCI sports director needs a drug test. My take is the opposite of his statement. The last two years have been a big step backwards for mtb competition for the riders and the viewers.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I don't care enough to argue about it. Ive been watching WC DH since 2014 and I think the racing gets better year on year.

The coverage from WBD is the best its ever been, I definitely enjoy seeing the full track and the Juniors racing. The 2025 changes are in the right direction too.

Can't wait to see a fully fit Jackson back challenging the big names in 2025.

Weeksy

Subscriber
Dec 13, 2019
Reading
It's deffo shortened the chances of my lad making it into a WC jersey, but arguably the biggest stumbling block of that goal was the removal of Fort William as there's usually a larger allocation of GB jerseys which would have increased his chances most. All of that said, we didn't plan/think realistically of a WC jersey next year as it's his first year in Juniors... The year after... well, lets see how that goes.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Definitely makes life harder for privateers & juniors. Happy to see semis go, the sole beneficiary of those was the broadcaster & even then it backfired since the audience saw through it & it created an eight hour day of racing, taking into account the junior broadcast (which I like for the record) leading to audience fatigue.

I don't think many will miss e enduro. Enduro in general isn't working as a tv format & hasn't for years. Not sure what they can do with it to make it a compelling spectacle. It amounts to rallying on bikes minus the speed & spills that bring in fans.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles