DH World Cup thread

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Nothing I hate more than a weather affected race. It’s the middle of summer in Europe FFS why is it raining.

More rain in this race than the whole winter here so far. You could race this in the middle of winter here and it won’t be that wet 😂😂😂

TheSnowShark

Subscriber
Sep 7, 2023
French-Alpes

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
Nothing I hate more than a weather affected race. It’s the middle of summer in Europe FFS why is it raining.

More rain in this race than the whole winter here so far. You could race this in the middle of winter here and it won’t be that wet 😂😂😂
One of the wettest springs and early summers in recent memory for France, worst of all: all the rain falls in massive storms that wreck all the trails.

Sick race though

Husky430

E*POWAH Elite
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Got home after 4 weeks in the outback on holiday, excited to watch the Les Gets downhill only to find that STAN SPORT don't have a full replay, just a 17 minute highlights package, with no practice, no juniors and NO WOMEN, WTFFFF. Why do I pay for such a shit service... hopefully it will go to another provider next year, hopefully back to Redbull as the last 2 seasons have been a bit mediocre in my view broadcast wise.

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Because of the schedule being moved forward , the plebs at Stan missed the start of the stream.
I messaged Stan support and delivered an earful of advice 😁 before trotting off to find the pirate stream which was better picture quality than Stan anyway.

Cancelled my subscription there and then too.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Wouldn't normally trouble this thread with XC racing but I've bunked off work to watch the Olympic mens final & my lord that was exciting. Pidcock punctures halfway through, ends up a minute back, which my DH tuned mind can't comprehend & fights back to the end of the final lap where he & Koretsky collide, allowing Pidcock to take the lead & win gold. Absolute scenes.

The things you can do on a spindly toy bike 😂

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Wouldn't normally trouble this thread with XC racing but I've bunked off work to watch the Olympic mens final & my lord that was exciting. Pidcock punctures halfway through, ends up a minute back, which my DH tuned mind can't comprehend & fights back to the end of the final lap where he & Koretsky collide, allowing Pidcock to take the lead & win gold. Absolute scenes.

The things you can do on a spindly toy bike 😂
On a left turn Koretzky took the wide line, Pidcock took the inside line and exited the turn ahead of Koretzky. Then at the finish Pidcock was booed and had bottles and cans thrown at him. 😲

If you go into a turn wide then you risk getting stuffed up the inside. It's racing.

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
On a left turn Koretzky took the wide line, Pidcock took the inside line and exited the turn ahead of Koretzky. Then at the finish Pidcock was booed and had bottles and cans thrown at him. 😲

If you go into a turn wide then you risk getting stuffed up the inside. It's racing.
Not to mention that Koretzky saw him and turned into him the way I saw it but Pidcock was as you say ahead and had the racing line at that point and came out the stronger of the two. Koretzky lost the race when to went off the track earlier and as mentioned he will have to live with that. The home crowd was bound to be disappointed to the point of being unruly about it because that is what homies do.

Overall the races were slightly more entertaining than I expected, not due to the track, but the mechanicals and their ensuing comebacks. Big event overall for Ineos as it turned out.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
My view of it is it was just a racing incident. Koretzky turned across Pidcock & came into contact with his back wheel. Look closely & you can see his left foot becomes unclipped which cost him the race. The booing wasn't very Olympic but I'm sure the gold medal makes up for that.

Type1

Sep 6, 2022
Uk
Not to mention that Koretzky saw him and turned into him the way I saw it but Pidcock was as you say ahead and had the racing line at that point and came out the stronger of the two. Koretzky lost the race when to went off the track earlier and as mentioned he will have to live with that. The home crowd was bound to be disappointed to the point of being unruly about it because that is what homies do.

Overall the races were slightly more entertaining than I expected, not due to the track, but the mechanicals and their ensuing comebacks. Big event overall for Ineos as it turned out.

Just watched the highlights, awesome race by Pidcock!

I still can't get over how poorly prepared and rehearsed many pro teams / mechanics seem to be. The slowness to respond to his puncture was ridiculous.

My industry is Motorsport and we drill these things constantly.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I think he said they were caught out a bit & didn't even have a wheel ready as he punctured near to the pits & came in quick but it did all look a bit casual, I agree.

Weeksy

Subscriber
Dec 13, 2019
Reading

Husky430

E*POWAH Elite
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Practice Fri, qualifying Sat and race on Sunday.
Live timing above

Schedule etc here.

Last year wasn't televised, I'm assuming this one isn't too.

My lad is racing in U17
All the best to your young bloke and a real bummer it's not televised as it looks an awesome track, I believe that the world champs will be there next year so hopefully they are televised.
Guess I'll just have to look on youtube after the weekend to see some footage of it, you'd think in this day and age that it would be on one platform or another and that they would want to display the sport at it's best which a championship would be.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles