Decoy charger started flashing and making this weird chirping sound

MKoskinen

May 23, 2020
Helsinki
Occurs when connected to a socket both when inserted and removed from the battery.

Anyone else has had a similar experience? What does it indicate?

Maherto

Feb 22, 2020
Dublin
Not sure what the flashing green means. If it happens even when not plugged into the battery I would check to see if their is something stuck in the plug if not I would say it has it be a warranty job.

MKoskinen

May 23, 2020
Helsinki
Yeah, that is what I fear.

I rode my bike today, and the charger does not charge the discharged battery.

Neither YT, any webpage, nor a local battery firm selling the same model batteries appears to know what the flashing green and sound mean.

Hopefully I'm able to get replacement, buy a new one or make some DIY fixes (could be fuse, could be wiring) to get riding soon. Warranty claim would likely take too long. I'll chat with YT on Monday.

I'll update here when someone knows something for future reference.

jk-

Jan 26, 2020
Around
Try using a different power lead that plugs into the charger and a different plug adapter if using one. I have to change the lead that was supplied. Because the one that came with it was a 2 prong plug on the end. I did try using a 2 prong adapter that plugs into the wall, when I first got the bike but had issues with it.

In the end I worked out that the 2 prong adapter was not applying enough juice. So I found another lead that I had lying around with the correct UK plug on it. Plugged that into the charger and worked ever since.

Not sure if it will work for those guys having issues but its worth a try.

armycole16

Jun 4, 2020
Germany
I
Try using a different power lead that plugs into the charger and a different plug adapter if using one. I have to change the lead that was supplied. Because the one that came with it was a 2 prong plug on the end. I did try using a 2 prong adapter that plugs into the wall, when I first got the bike but had issues with it.

In the end I worked out that the 2 prong adapter was not applying enough juice. So I found another lead that I had lying around with the correct UK plug on it. Plugged that into the charger and worked ever since.

Not sure if it will work for those guys having issues but its worth a try.

I’ve tried a new lead but still no luck

MKoskinen

May 23, 2020
Helsinki
Tried that too, to no avail. It's the same cord here in Finland — but no replacement made any difference.

Decided to make a warranty claim, and now it is being shipped back to Germany. Hoping that they will soon be able to arrange a pre swap, so I can get back to it again.

I've been super unlucky with my Decoy any case — it has been operational like less than 40% of the time I’ve owned it.

It did not sound like a common issue, either. Nor YT nor manufacturers had any idea. I've been unable to find any similar cases either. I wonder what our cases have in common? Any as follows?

(i) Is your chargers date code 1908?

(ii) Did your Decoy show E010 and E012 codes lately? (was able to fix by looking at the Decoy Hacks??? thread)

(iii) Did you charge the bike overnight? (mine was good on the evening but blinking in the morning)

(iv) Something else in particular?

armycole16

Jun 4, 2020
Germany
Tried that too, to no avail. It's the same cord here in Finland — but no replacement made any difference.

Decided to make a warranty claim, and now it is being shipped back to Germany. Hoping that they will soon be able to arrange a pre swap, so I can get back to it again.

I've been super unlucky with my Decoy any case — it has been operational like less than 40% of the time I’ve owned it.

It did not sound like a common issue, either. Nor YT nor manufacturers had any idea. I've been unable to find any similar cases either. I wonder what our cases have in common? Any as follows?

(i) Is your chargers date code 1908?

(ii) Did your Decoy show E010 and E012 codes lately? (was able to fix by looking at the Decoy Hacks??? thread)

(iii) Did you charge the bike overnight? (mine was good on the evening but blinking in the morning)

(iv) Something else in particular?

armycole16

Jun 4, 2020
Germany
Date code is 1908 I just got my decoy pro race 30 days again

I Charged it over night and then rode to work 45km. When I tried charging it at work it did the same as yours but now the light on the charger does not come on at all

MKoskinen

May 23, 2020
Helsinki
Date code is 1908 I just got my decoy pro race 30 days again

I Charged it over night and then rode to work 45km. When I tried charging it at work it did the same as yours but now the light on the charger does not come on at all

Interesting, so the charger appears to be from the same batch. If that is what I think it is, of course. We both have fairly new bikes too.

Mine never died completely off. So that's different. Was just blinking and chiming.

Let me know if you find/hear something. I will update here what I'll hear from YT. Might take a while now though.

MKoskinen

May 23, 2020
Helsinki
I received a new charger a few days back. Feels good to be back on trails.

Did not find out the reason, though.

So if someone ends up here in the future, you likely have to send the charger back to YT to get the replacement.

Have you found anything [mention]armycole16 [/mention] ?

armycole16

Jun 4, 2020
Germany
I received a new charger a few days back. Feels good to be back on trails.

Did not find out the reason, though.

So if someone ends up here in the future, you likely have to send the charger back to YT to get the replacement.

Have you found anything [mention]armycole16 [/mention] ?

YT sent me a new one without me sending them the old lol

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles