Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
Thankfully got a Large but I'm raging with myself as went to get me and the wee mans hair done and gave him my phone and so the barber was chatting away to come out of it to see stock live for 40 mins...

Started to shot my pants after my wife checking for me and pulled over the car at a bus stop...

With only less then 10 left I thankfully got one...

Fuck me dead that was a close one.

Hebegebe

Aug 25, 2020
East Manchester
I’ve just pulled the trigger on a large, however I have a feeling it will be too small, if that’s the case, rather than returning it, I’m happy to sell it on to anyone that missed out.

jupiter

Aug 22, 2020
South Coast, UK
If anyone has a medium I'd be interested! I'd also be interested to see if a large fits, which it probably would. Just spent the most maddening couple of hours fighting the customer account system. Literally if anything had gone ok I would have been successful. As it was I had a medium in the basket, but when I finally got the account sorted and went to pay it said "unavailable". Absolutely speechless.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Good luck lads.

Changing the subject for a minute, I got around to bleeding the brakes. The lever throw is ridiculously long out of the box, not remotely confidence inspiring so notwithstanding SRAM brakes are a massive pain to bleed in comparison to Shimano, I found that repeated bleeds didn't improve things.

I know my way round bikes enough to know I wasn't cocking it up & equally found it unlikely that the system was leaking on a new bike but eventually worked out that on mine at least, there is daylight between the pads & the disc. So, rebleeding but leaving out the brake block & carefully advancing the pistons a few mil did the trick & I now have short throw levers with a very positive bite point.

These things are horses for courses & a meatier set of pads would do the same but anyone trying to work it out, have a look at the caliper end of things.

jupiter

Aug 22, 2020
South Coast, UK
I can scarcely describe how bad the decathlon system is. A medium just came back in to stock at 1335. Add to basket, "done", proceed to pay, "oh, you have to log in again", what!? Ok, now pay? "No, select your store first" any of them, just literally any of them, ok done that, PAY, nope, no longer in stock.

I hate giving up - one came back in stock and bingo, 11th Sept! Fingers crossed, etc.

Last edited:

Jon0881

Aug 28, 2020
Lancashire
Pulled the trigger on a large for the store collection. Can’t wait tbh. For the trail parks like llandegla are the smart sams really that bad?

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
If anyone has a medium I'd be interested! I'd also be interested to see if a large fits, which it probably would. Just spent the most maddening couple of hours fighting the customer account system. Literally if anything had gone ok I would have been successful. As it was I had a medium in the basket, but when I finally got the account sorted and went to pay it said "unavailable". Absolutely speechless.

Gutted for you man. They had 100 of each and sold out much quicker then last time.

Maz

Aug 24, 2020
Baldock
I can scarcely describe how bad the decathlon system is. A medium just came back in to stock at 1335. Add to basket, "done", proceed to pay, "oh, you have to log in again", what!? Ok, now pay? "No, select your store first" any of them, just literally any of them, ok done that, PAY, nope, no longer in stock.

I hate giving up - one came back in stock and bingo, 11th Sept! Fingers crossed, etc.

I feel for you. I gave up after months of disappointment and purchased a Cube, last weekend.

Rarekind

Aug 31, 2020
Hampshire
Hey all, first post on eMTB! I've been waiting for stock to return for Stilus (Large) for months and sods law I was away in a no signal area this morning!!! If anyone has ordered large and decides that it's not for them I'll take it off you - Will pay £2.8k and travel anywhere in England!!

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Alternative maybe for those unlucky enough to miss out on stilus

Screenshot_20200831_183906_com.android.chrome.jpg

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Anyone found a good solution to stop the battery guard button/slider from getting completely clogged and seizing up? I’ve taken mine to bits twice and greased the mechanism but seems to just keep happening.

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Hey all, first post on eMTB! I've been waiting for stock to return for Stilus (Large) for months and sods law I was away in a no signal area this morning!!! If anyone has ordered large and decides that it's not for them I'll take it off you - Will pay £2.8k and travel anywhere in England!!
That’s dedication

Rarekind

Aug 31, 2020
Hampshire
Medium back in stock! I have brought one for delivery on 12th though suspect it will be too small. Anyone want to swap for large lemme know!!!

jupiter

Aug 22, 2020
South Coast, UK
Anyone got a view on Decathlon home delivery for bikes at the moment please? I've got an estimated delivery of Fri 11th Sept but trips (non-bike) planned for Mon 14th onwards. Is the 11th delivery likely to be put back to the following week? I'm unable to talk to Decathlon customer services at the moment. I guess they have straightened out their assembly QC and courier delivery problems of a few months back? I'd much prefer to have had one delivered to store but it wouldn't let me select my local store and I got twitchy about availability.

> Update: Just spoken to a Decathlon store, they've suspended click and collect there for the moment to allow them to catch up on orders. Suspect this is what happened. Home delivery it is...

Last edited:

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Anyone found a good solution to stop the battery guard button/slider from getting completely clogged and seizing up? I’ve taken mine to bits twice and greased the mechanism but seems to just keep happening.
I posted this solution a while ago. Search this thread for me and the word ugly. Whats worrying me is that you were the first to reply to it!! :ROFLMAO:

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
I posted this solution a while ago. Search this thread for me and the word ugly. Whats worrying me is that you were the first to reply to it!! :ROFLMAO:
yeah I remember your sweatband solution, not feeling, haaa. was another one that involved glueing to the frame not keen on that either :LOL: wish I had a 3D printer and loads of spare time :LOL:

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
It has had loads of stick and I am really impressed with the performance. For £3 give it a try until you find something else perhaps.

Hebegebe

Aug 25, 2020
East Manchester
Decathlon cancelled on me today! not too bothered as looking back at some of the posts in this thread I think the large would be too small for sure. I know it's been mentioned before, the geometry on this bike is wacky, especially when you compare it to other bikes, it's almost like three different bike sizes put together to make one frame.

Dillpickle

Sep 1, 2020
Uk
Hi everyone!

Newbie to the Stilus thread, but we've been following along for a few weeks, after discovering how fantastic E-MTBs are, and then deciding on a Stilus.

I wanted to say thanks to all for all the research, tenacity and patience in finding out when they were due to come back into stock! It meant that I was able to pickup a medium, which should hopefully get me out and about over autumn and maybe winter!

You guys are an amazing community! Thanks again!

Last edited:

jupiter

Aug 22, 2020
South Coast, UK
Hi everyone!

Newbie to the Stilus thread, but we've been following along for a few weeks, after discovering how fantastic E-MTBs are, and then deciding on a Stilus.

I wanted to say thanks to all for all the research, tenacity and patience in finding out when they were due to come back into stock! It meant that I was able to pickup a medium, which should hopefully get me out and about over autumn and maybe winter!

You guys are an amazing community! Thanks again!
Me too and I fully agree, well said. This thread has been super-helpful in (hopefully) procuring a Stilus and entering the great world of emtbs.

Thanks to everyone.

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham
Hi thinking of swapping tyres over to Michelin e-wild as I think a few people have said these are very good. My question is do need to get the 2.6 or 2.8?

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Pulled the trigger on a large for the store collection. Can’t wait tbh. For the trail parks like llandegla are the smart sams really that bad?

You might get away with it, but yes they aren't suited to the bikes intended use. They have a condom for a sidewall and the tread pattern is really only suited to fire roads and the road. If you're going to be riding singletrack and don't want to be on your knees fixing a puncture repeatedly, I'd get a new set of tyres.

Minion DHF's (Front & Rear) in MaxTerra, Pirelli Scorpion, Michelin Wild or Magic Mary's are all decent tyres. If you can and know how to do it I would go tubeless also. Tyres make such a difference to the ride experience!

Check the bolts thoroughly when you get it as well, especially crank bolts as they aren't always all done up very well!!

You will love it, it's a banger of a bike..

Jon0881

Aug 28, 2020
Lancashire
You might get away with it, but yes they aren't suited to the bikes intended use. They have a condom for a sidewall and the tread pattern is really only suited to fire roads and the road. If you're going to be riding singletrack and don't want to be on your knees fixing a puncture repeatedly, I'd get a new set of tyres.

Minion DHF's (Front & Rear) in MaxTerra, Pirelli Scorpion, Michelin Wild or Magic Mary's are all decent tyres. If you can and know how to do it I would go tubeless also. Tyres make such a difference to the ride experience!

Check the bolts thoroughly when you get it as well, especially crank bolts as they aren't always all done up very well!!

You will love it, it's a banger of a bike..

Cheers! Yesterday I ordered a set of specialized butcher grid 2.6. They came recomended by another forum as they were like the minions but I got them for £20 each so a bonus since I spent up on the bike.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I had a little ride round the block yesterday, small steps & all that. My right pedal seized which made things boring. Brand new DMR V8's which I run on all my bikes. They use cup & cone bearings which are a bit old fashoned & tricky to set correctly & I knew one was a bit grindy but put it on anyway. So a fun afternoon servicing a new pedal awaits.

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
My solution was to buy a Fender XL (made by Crud I think). No more mud in the face for me and also no more mud all over the top of the battery cover plate/catch. Mud collection on that area now starts 2 thirds of the way down the cover plate.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles