Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Mine came ready scratched. :) Helitape is a bit of a pain for DIY but obvs with a bit of time & care can be done easily enough but there's a fair few guys out there who will plaster invisiframe on it for a few bob. IME, downtube & chain stays are the obvious points to cover, the BB area is obviously covered by the motor. The fork stanchons will take a bit of hammer over time, maybe one to think about.
Cheers man, do you not bother ?

Jon0881

Aug 28, 2020
Lancashire
After lots of reading and waiting for a Stilus I’ve got a feeling that if there is a v2 in feb 2021 it’ll be at an increased price tag. They haven’t exactly had trouble shifting them and could make a few little changes to justify a higher price.

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
So today was rubbish with the Stilus, wanted to remove the bolts on the shock mount as they were too tight and the cheap oversized Alan bolt stripped, I used the correct Alan key but it just span because they did it so tight, so not only do I have a stuck bolt but how on earth can you get a replacement as it’s a weird countersink bolt ?
B9AF08AD-FB52-4C66-9BB8-07FC3466A8F3.jpeg

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Ouch. If it were mine, I'd consider tapping a slightly oversized Torx into it and hope it grips enough to start or maybe dremel a slot & use a flat head screwdriver or similar. As for a replacement, just google Rockshox mounting kits & you'll get a result. TF Tuned also a good shout.

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
Hi Rusty

Do you think TFTuned will do bolts for this frame? I’ve used them before for the fixings but I assumed this countersink bolt is specific to this frame ?

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
I just asked the Decathlon contact for an update. I'll post anything I get here as soon as I get it.
HI Rob,
I wondered if you may have any ideas how I can get out riding, the bolt in my Stilus holding the rear shock on has stripped Alan fixing and now it’s just a round hole, it’s not going to fall out but if I ever want to remove the bolt or shock I’m stuck as is the bolt, do you have any idea with your contacts how you can get replacement bolts? I’ve purchased a bolt extraction kit but the ally is soooo soft I don’t think even that will work. However if I do get it out can I or anyone else buy new bolts for our Decathlon frames ?

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
I am kind of, thanks. Bit more mobility in the arm every day but the pain is a bit of a hack if I'm honest. I'd thought it would have ebbed by now but it hasn't. Few more weeks & I'll be right as ninepence, (y)

Came off mine this morning and smashed into a fence, thought had broken my arm for a couple of mins but realised had just bruised and cut myself on fence wire. Was coming down a track with flood defences on it bouncing all over the shop and picked the wrong line on a corner at the bottom of the hill ? lesson learned. It’s surprising how light you feel on these fairly heavy bikes coming down hills, I’m really gonna have to check myself on decents in the future ?

Simonp3

Aug 21, 2020
Denmark
HI Rob,
I wondered if you may have any ideas how I can get out riding, the bolt in my Stilus holding the rear shock on has stripped Alan fixing and now it’s just a round hole, it’s not going to fall out but if I ever want to remove the bolt or shock I’m stuck as is the bolt, do you have any idea with your contacts how you can get replacement bolts? I’ve purchased a bolt extraction kit but the ally is soooo soft I don’t think even that will work. However if I do get it out can I or anyone else buy new bolts for our Decathlon frames ?
You hammer a torx 30 or 25 into the bolt, and screw it off, that bolt is done anyway. done it a few times on a bike, and loads of times on cars.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
HI Rob,

You can still ride it if it's secure? I can't see an issue until you need to remove the shock..I haven't had to do that in 1.5 years of riding. Your LBS will be able to get it out an no doubt find something that will fit if your desperate..?

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Came off mine this morning and smashed into a fence, thought had broken my arm for a couple of mins but realised had just bruised and cut myself on fence wire. Was coming down a track with flood defences on it bouncing all over the shop and picked the wrong line on a corner at the bottom of the hill ? lesson learned. It’s surprising how light you feel on these fairly heavy bikes coming down hills, I’m really gonna have to check myself on decents in the future ?
Mate, can totally relate. ?

samohtr

Jul 24, 2020
St Albans
Button pressed for a large, waiting order confirmation - up to 24 hours! Couldn't select click and collect but delivery was available ??

edit* Confirmation gone through now. Delivery 11/9

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Button pressed for a large, waiting order confirmation - up to 24 hours! Couldn't select click and collect but delivery was available ??

edit* Confirmation gone through now. Delivery 11/9
The tracking etc seemed terrible with panther and it was a little late but when it arrived it was absolutely mint. Some people had terrible experiences though, hoping they have sorted their sh** out a bit.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles