Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
So I though I would join in with my two penneth.

Yes the decathlon website is really frustrating. I was sent an email on 29th June to say the bike was available in XL, I logged on, put it in my basket and despite it being available it won't go through to payment. It was only available for home delivery at this point so I called the Stockport store to be told that I couldn't order it in store, WHAT!!! This was when the store was open and accepting customers. I was also told that I couldn't have it delivered to store. I suspect the two French accented gents I spoke to weren't as clued up as their titles would have you believe. I will put it down to the general chaos and ever changing picture that CV19 has brought.

Back onto the website to try again, nope orders for the day were full. Realising that others would also have issues I tried again a short time later. This time it was available and more to the point I could have it delivered to store. The funds were paid and I waited for the order to be confirmed being told this could take up to 24hrs. How mad is that? This sort of thing happened in the early days of e-commerce and it just shows how antiquated the system must be.

So 30th June the order is confirmed with an expected delivery date of 14th July. I will give them then this one of the grounds of reduced workplace staff and the high demand. Currently it is shown as "Prepared" on my account page and "In Preparation" on the tracking page. It has been like this since 4th July. The next step is "Shipped".

So here is my first question. I would be interested to know of the time scales in between the stages that others have experienced.
And in keeping with the CV19 daily briefings a not so sneaky second one, just how comfortable or not is the saddle. Have you swapped it out to something suitable for hours of riding?
Tbh, I have experienced pretty much the same regarding ordering on the website but I have to say, any contact I have had with personnel at various stores/email correspondence, has always been helpful and apologetic/informative as it could be (I really think this bikes popularity and availability options due to covid has caught them out-like many other businesses).
I have been waiting same time as you and am seeing the same "ordered/prepared" information on the current account status.
My missus and Son were also involved and logging into their accounts in the early days to try to order but that didn't work either-ironically, the website then offered an alert service and when that alert came through (midday and out of the blue as I had been checking stock for most of the day anyway), the transaction and delivery choice went through straight away (although with PayPal I had to wait for that authorisation thing).
Saddle wise, as I am still awaiting the bike, I can only say I'm gonna put my old one off my other bike on it as every review/feedback has this as a weakpoint/pain in the arse (literally), small issue considering I'm saving over a grand between this and the next bike choice I suppose.
Stay patient, and we should spare a thought for those poor buggers that are just beginning this journey-I don't envy them ??.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
NOT looked the info yet so how do you check software version
Check this out: I have attached a screenshot from the site for the Puriton or just use the link;

Screenshot_20200707_145751_com.android.chrome.jpg

Jonos

Jun 25, 2020
Bracknell
Just picked mine up, managed to load the beast on the cycle carrier took the battery out to charge and no UK lead, only EU lead so won't be riding it just yet unless I can find out if any lead with the same connection will do. Looks fantastic though and the battery is so simple to swap out.

20200707_145908.jpg

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Just picked mine up, managed to load the beast on the cycle carrier took the battery out to charge and no UK lead, only EU lead so won't be riding it just yet unless I can find out if any lead with the same connection will do. Looks fantastic though and the battery is so simple to swap out.

View attachment 35274
Nice one. Is the lead thing a normal "thing" to expect, and will I be needing/searching out an old holiday adapter (if I read you right).

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
Nice one. Is the lead thing a normal "thing" to expect, and will I be needing/searching out an old holiday adapter (if I read you right).

Looks like a normal "thing" to expect apparently, as I had noticed that on TaxiDriver50005's picture as well...

Well, good thing I moved to the UK with many of my appliances from France, I have loads of adapters all around the house already! :LOL:

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK
For the plug is the fitting into the transformer figure 8 or kettle lead style? I'll make sure I have one on hand just in case. We have plenty at work.

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK

what size did you go for Jonos? How does it suit you and what height are you?

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
If I’m not mistaken there are two types of EU plug, one earthed and one not.

I am really surprised that Decathlon are not supplying UK chargers, has anyone had there’s shipped with a UK plug? Does the EU versions need earthing?

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK

I am really surprised that Decathlon are not supplying UK chargers, has anyone had there’s shipped with a UK plug? Does the EU versions need earthing?
I would bet they are much like a laptop charger and they have just included the wrong “tail”.

one of these
1594135414955.jpeg

instead of one of these

PEL00421 - UK Plug to IEC C7 (Figure 8) Power Lead, 1m Black

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

Sounds like you've sorted an alternative with a uk "cassette" lead .. but if you were stuck I seem to remember you can stick an electric screw driver in the earth pin on the socket to open the plug holes and it will squeeze in .... but obviously don't do that .. because it's bad .. and wrong .. but if you did .. remember the earth one is the middle one ..

Correct .. Most low current devices just come with the two prong and not a 2 prong an a hole (for the earth) .. on euro sockets, the earth pin sticks out from the socket, rather than being on the plug - so you could plug an "earthed" plug into one of those stupid 2 hole light sockets if you needed to .. and overload the wiring ...

If you look carefully at a lot of low current uk plugs, many are actually covers. Remove the centre screw and instead of wires inside, you find the euro plug neatly fixed in the plug ..

euro.jpg

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale

View attachment 35274
I had 2 bikes delivered only 1 had this adapter in box.... Think I will send an email later but I think we should all have this in the box.

15941376970927048520014661031258.jpg

15941377183467023968518277454340.jpg

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Sounds like you've sorted an alternative with a uk "cassette" lead .. but if you were stuck I seem to remember you can stick an electric screw driver in the earth pin on the socket to open the plug holes and it will squeeze in .... but obviously don't do that .. because it's bad .. and wrong .. but if you did .. remember the earth one is the middle one ..

Correct .. Most low current devices just come with the two prong and not a 2 prong an a hole (for the earth) .. on euro sockets, the earth pin sticks out from the socket, rather than being on the plug - so you could plug an "earthed" plug into one of those stupid 2 hole light sockets if you needed to .. and overload the wiring ...

If you look carefully at a lot of low current uk plugs, many are actually covers. Remove the centre screw and instead of wires inside, you find the euro plug neatly fixed in the plug ..

View attachment 35283
When I was a kid this video was my point of reference-they didn't do "don't scare the kids in them days" that's for sure!
BTW, don't do what he does ??.

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK
I'm 178cm and went for the Large. I have only tested it and not gone on a ride yet but feels perfect to me. I'll provide some more feedback tomorrow.
Perfect, im pretty much the same height, but relatively short legs and went for the L as well. I was worried i should have gone for the XL but im normally a Medium on a regular bike so i think im ok.

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK
If you remove the seat post, it may have markings on it below the minimum insertion point that show the seatpost diameter?

Or is it a dropper post?
It is a dropper post from what ive read. I have a vernier calliper but no bike yet. If no one has answered you by next Monday when im supposed to get mine ill measure it for you.

Edit: this review says “adjustable seatpost also has a diameter of 30.9 millimeters” if you translate it.

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
OK, so guys, for those who have taken delivery already, what does the bike come with then? Charger, obviously, adapter... sometimes? What about shock pump and/or else?

Jonos

Jun 25, 2020
Bracknell
It is a dropper post from what ive read. I have a vernier calliper but no bike yet. If no one has answered you by next Monday when im supposed to get mine ill measure it for you.

Edit: this review says “adjustable seatpost also has a diameter of 30.9 millimeters” if you translate it.

It is a KS dropper post and I read somewhere it is 31.6

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Hay look at that 2 bike 2 different saddles

View attachment 35286

View attachment 35287

Nice, now hey are different ;).

I think the second bottom one is the standard uncomfortable seat!

In terms of others questions.

No shock pump just some basic tools you need to build it.

My charger came with the UK adapter in the box (it’s a genuine Bosch charger in its own box with the UK adapter plug).

In terms of the dropper post the photo of the size/manual has already been posted.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles