Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
AND..

We can eat out... More bond villain laugh..

IMG_20200619_125832937_HDR.jpg

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
Chucked a few bits on as posted above, none of it looks pretty but it's all functional, even the cowbell gets the phone obsessed teens out the way along the disused railway :)
Did take a couple of 'after' pics but I think the phone ate them. Anyway, I am extremely pleased! The gearing is much more suited to my bulk than the ST-900. Stilus has a 50 tooth with a 34T up front. This got me up a couple of bits in the Chilterns that I would not have made on the earlier bike. EMTB mode is excellent but I think Tour with a bit more effort from me would be the best prescription.
Two downsides so far, coming from a hardtail to this I am getting a lot more pedal strikes so I need to learn slightly different techniques (easy fix) and also I am reserving judgement on the saddle until I have had a few more rides with a bit of fine tuning on saddle position.
Other than that, all good for now!
IMG_20200618_181800.jpg
IMG_20200618_181726.jpg
IMG_20200618_181751.jpg
IMG_20200618_181740.jpg

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
UK Guys & Gals, if you pm me with the following then a senior guy in Decathlon France has promised me he will do his best to get bikes allocated to you for delivery to your nearest store;
Name
Email address
Stilus bike size
Store you want it shipped to (cannot do home delivery)
Probably a contact number as well so the store can get hold of you.

I will email him first thing tomorrow morning with the details.
Cheers.
*No promises, don't shoot the messenger but I think it is more promising then the current lottery on the website.

Wow, now that is an offer MPJ!

In response to the geometry question, as per my previous posts, I’d compare with the geometry of your existing bike. I found my Giant Anthem in Medium was a bit bigger than the cockpit of the Stilus in Large.

The Stilus does come up small compared to other bikes so my recommendation if you have any doubt would be to size up...

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
UK Guys & Gals, if you pm me with the following then a senior guy in Decathlon France has promised me he will do his best to get bikes allocated to you for delivery to your nearest store;
Name
Email address
Stilus bike size
Store you want it shipped to (cannot do home delivery)
Probably a contact number as well so the store can get hold of you.

I will email him first thing tomorrow morning with the details.
Cheers.
*No promises, don't shoot the messenger but I think it is more promising then the current lottery on the website.
Can you let him know I've been trying to get one to test for 4 months for a video! I think it'd super popular!!

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
In response to the geometry question, as per my previous posts, I’d compare with the geometry of your existing bike. I found my Giant Anthem in Medium was a bit bigger than the cockpit of the Stilus in Large.

The Stilus does come up small compared to other bikes so my recommendation if you have any doubt would be to size up...
Agreed @PhilBaker , I am 179cm (about 5' 10/11" in old money) and am very happy on an XL Stilus. L or XL would suit me, on the XL I have the seatpost about 4cm out of the frame.

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Agreed @PhilBaker , I am 179cm (about 5' 10/11" in old money) and am very happy on an XL Stilus. L or XL would suit me, on the XL I have the seatpost about 4cm out of the frame.

There was someone on this forum who was 5'9" and he believed he was at the very limit of a Medium.

I'm just under 5'10' with standard sized arms and legs (based on the Ape Index - google it if you have never heard of it ;)) and I have a Large and it felt small to me. It was ok, but but the cockpit felt a little small. To compare my seatpost is 60mm out of the Frame (and with the dropper fully extended my saddle in total is 200mm from the top of the seat tube.

When I first got on it, I wondered if I should have got an XL, but buying a 70mm stem instead of the standard 50mm one has made a big difference and is a simple and cheap upgrade per my earlier post on my Stilus review.

A picture speaks a thousand words they say, so here is me on both bikes in a friends drive as he has some nice wooden slats to show height comparison ;). From the same camera angle you can see how close my knee is to the stem compared to my giant XC bike. These pictures are with the Stilus completely standard:-

Stilus Geometry.jpg
Giant Anthem Geometry.jpg

Just a quick geometry comparison will show you how a Stilus will stack up against your existing bike. My Medium Giant had a 440mm seat tube length and the Decathlon Stilus Large is 440mm so it gave me a degree of comfort when ordering without testing. My Giant had a 100mm Stem though so perhaps thats why the Stilus with a 50mm stem felt small when it arrived.

Anyway, with the new stem it feels great and I've not noticed any difference in the cornering feel.

Hope this helps...

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
There was someone on this forum who was 5'9" and he believed he was at the very limit of a Medium.

I'm just under 5'10' with standard sized arms and legs (based on the Ape Index - google it if you have never heard of it ;)) and I have a Large and it felt small to me. It was ok, but but the cockpit felt a little small. To compare my seatpost is 60mm out of the Frame (and with the dropper fully extended my saddle in total is 200mm from the top of the seat tube.

When I first got on it, I wondered if I should have got an XL, but buying a 70mm stem instead of the standard 50mm one has made a big difference and is a simple and cheap upgrade per my earlier post on my Stilus review.

A picture speaks a thousand words they say, so here is me on both bikes in a friends drive as he has some nice wooden slats to show height comparison ;). From the same camera angle you can see how close my knee is to the stem compared to my giant XC bike. These pictures are with the Stilus completely standard:-

View attachment 34080 View attachment 34081

Just a quick geometry comparison will show you how a Stilus will stack up against your existing bike. My Medium Giant had a 440mm seat tube length and the Decathlon Stilus Large is 440mm so it gave me a degree of comfort when ordering without testing. My Giant had a 100mm Stem though so perhaps thats why the Stilus with a 50mm stem felt small when it arrived.

Anyway, with the new stem it feels great and I've not noticed any difference in the cornering feel.

Hope this helps...
I'm 5 ft 8 and going large hope this fits

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Should say wife is 5ft 5 but all legs, index on legs says large but hight says medium
Hope large is going to be ok

My wife is 5'4" (unfortunately not all legs which does sound nice!) and she rides the Large bike almost as much as me and loves it. She doesn't need it any smaller.

It's actually really handy as we leave the seatpost where it is (60mm out) and she just jumps on it and lowers the dropper post to almost the bottom and rides it perfectly. If your wife wanted to do some downhill and drops and wanted to leverage the dropper post, I'd say she would still be able to, but perhaps not the entire full dropper post range...

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
Can you let him know I've been trying to get one to test for 4 months for a video! I think it'd super popular!!

Absolutely, I think we all agree to say this is a rather nice spec for the price, so it would definitely get super popular!

And I cannot wait to see a full suspension Rockrider EMTB - ie Decathlon frame, not like this one - as it could be even better value for the money... may have read or heard somewhere this could be coming at some point.

That's a really nice offer MPJ, I've sent you a message as well, I hope you don't mind.

Reactions: MPJ

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles