Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
So went into Decathlon Glasgow and they check for me how many were coming into stock on the 21st and it's just over 130...

So I'm guessing when they comes available from Rob's advice they may last for 24hrs but I guess frame sizes is going to determine what's available on the day and how long for?

Click click click...

L1482

Aug 9, 2020
Sunderland
So went into Decathlon Glasgow and they check for me how many were coming into stock on the 21st and it's just over 130...

So I'm guessing when they comes available from Rob's advice they may last for 24hrs but I guess frame sizes is going to determine what's available on the day and how long for?

Click click click...

Yeah, I was told the same date. Last week they reckoned it was going to be the 11th, to the warehouse.
So I wouldn’t hold your breath, mate!

Plus, if it’s as suspected and that number is for the entirety of Europe, you have to assume that France will have the lions share.

So personally, I don’t expect to see many units appearing on the U.K. site.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
I'm 5' 11" with a 32" Inside Leg

Would you go Large or XL?

Thanks
I'm same height and leg. . Went for XL and is spot on for my riding style. Comfortable on long runs and enough for moving about room on DH. Leg measurement same and shoulder to palm 27". Pics earlier in this forum of me sat on bike and shows body position, plus dropper fully extended. I think at our height it comes down to preferred riding position and hitting the right attack/comfort modes as you are sat down a lot on these compared to Hardtails and are on the cusp of L/XL changeover.
Good Luck and enjoy the hours of pondering and measuring that we have all been through at your stage of buying ??.

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK
I'm same height and leg. . Went for XL and is spot on for my riding style. Comfortable on long runs and enough for moving about room on DH. Leg measurement same and shoulder to palm 27". Pics earlier in this forum of me sat on bike and shows body position, plus dropper fully extended.
Timmohs pics are on page 26 for anyone else wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:

McNasty

Jul 17, 2020
Manchester
Can you link me where you got those mud guards.

Glad you're happy with it. I'm waiting on my Scottish Government Grant to get approved this week hopefully in time to whip one up my self ???
Sorry for the slow reply mate, only just saw your message.

The website is:

I couldn’t for the life of me work out how to order them through that site so got them off Amazon in the end. They’re available on Tredz.co.uk too so they might have them on sale at some point. Bit pricey for a couple of bits of plastic but they look pretty good and nothing has hit me in the face yet. I also saw on the website that you can rub them down with WD40 to take the shine off if you prefer a matte look. Was tempted to do it myself but didn’t bother in the end.

Good luck getting the grant, hopefully the approve it soon, I got mine through the Cycle 2 Work scheme so it feel like even more of a steal. If you need me to tweet Nicola Sturgeon at any point to tell her to pull her finger out let me know. ??

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
Yeah, I was told the same date. Last week they reckoned it was going to be the 11th, to the warehouse.

Plus, if it’s as suspected and that number is for the entirety of Europe, you have to assume that France will have the lions share.

Yeah it does leave me in a very uncomfortable position.

Decathlon said the only way to guarantee my Stilus for Cycle to Work or another schemes is to purchase it by any means to secure the bike to come to store and refund the purchase for a Cycle to Work or the Scottish Government eBike loan.

Because the bike will more then likely take up to two weeks to come to store.

They said their tracking is all over the place. The bike will just appear at the store and they contact once it's ready...

?

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
Sorry for the slow reply mate, only just saw your message.

The website is:

I couldn’t for the life of me work out how to order them through that site so got them off Amazon in the end. They’re available on Tredz.co.uk too so they might have them on sale at some point. Bit pricey for a couple of bits of plastic but they look pretty good and nothing has hit me in the face yet. I also saw on the website that you can rub them down with WD40 to take the shine off if you prefer a matte look. Was tempted to do it myself but didn’t bother in the end.

Good luck getting the grant, hopefully the approve it soon, I got mine through the Cycle 2 Work scheme so it feel like even more of a steal. If you need me to tweet Nicola Sturgeon at any point to tell her to pull her finger out let me know. ??

Cheers mate!

That awesome...

McNasty

Jul 17, 2020
Manchester
Nice job!

Is there much difference on the overal tyre circumference can you tell?
They’re about the same as far as I can tell, will have a proper measure up next time I’m out, really good combo though nonetheless and I couldn’t justify the extra money to go full mullet, I was hoping I could just stick a 29er on the front without changing the fork.

I could have sworn I rode past a Spanish couple the other day and one said “el bambino mulleto” as I roared past so it’s possible there’s a difference.

Incidentally I managed to get this little blighter stuck right through the eWild on the rear the day after I went tubeless. ? The sealant didn’t stand a chance so I had to put a tube in for the time being. My tubeless repair kit arrived this morning though although I was hoping to not have to use it for a while. I think it probably got stuck in the tread for a bit before puncturing.

EC2DA978-E5C9-406A-AF32-3CD9902BAA72.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
BUMP ! For the first time in weeks the mighty Stilus thread has dropped off the first page !!!!

With limited availability, sizing has become irrelevant . "What size did you buy ?" ... "IT's a STILUS, I'VE GOT A STILUS !!!! " ..

Maybe there should be a "Swap a Stilus" thead.. You see one, you buy it then hope you can swap to the right size later ?

I know a lot of people who wanted an XL are were disturbed than Rob seems to like his and will be keeping it. There was rumour of a £2,600 a ticket prize draw to win the bike, with upgrades - limited to only 100 entries.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Made a few upgrades

Shimano XT 12 Speed Drivetrain
Hope Fortus 29 Wheelset (to give it a go vs Mullet which is my favourite so far)
Loads of Hope stuff (800mm carbon bars, stem, V4 Brakes, Crank Arms)
170mm Brand X Dropper

Basically everything is changed on the bike from stock for, as you do, experiments....

IMG_0505.jpg

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Counting the days until I can get back on mine. Bored to tears right now, one armed life sucks.
Clapping is a bitch too. Maybe move to America, you can have as many arms as you want out there.
The heat has finally got to me.

Stiggy

Aug 9, 2020
Bolton UK

Yep stacks up with everything I've been told so far by my local stores however one store manager was particularly transparent and said that his experience last time there was stock (delivered to the French warehouse) was that the "majority" went elsewhere in Europe with only to quote "a handful" coming to the UK....
Now looking seriously at alternatives, any suggestions :(

scjgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Exeter
Yep stacks up with everything I've been told so far by my local stores however one store manager was particularly transparent and said that his experience last time there was stock (delivered to the French warehouse) was that the "majority" went elsewhere in Europe with only to quote "a handful" coming to the UK....

I've only managed to find the Cube or Giant Stuff but you're gonna spend £4-600 more

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK
Given the price in europe is a bit higher it makes sense that decathlon would sell them there instead to maximise profit.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Given the price in europe is a bit higher it makes sense that decathlon would sell them there instead to maximise profit.
That in turn though makes them less attractive in mainland Europe, so I don't think there is the same Stilus Frenzy ! at €3300 euro's there are other choices.

I know you think we keep them all here in France for ourselves, but if you take the reviews as a guide. There are 59 French reviews and 103 UK reviews.

Stiggy

Aug 9, 2020
Bolton UK
That in turn though makes them less attractive in mainland Europe, so I don't think there is the same Stilus Frenzy ! at €3300 euro's there are other choices.

I know you think we keep them all here in France for ourselves, but if you take the reviews as a guide. There are 59 French reviews and 103 UK reviews.
Good point BUT the hub serves the whole of Europe; are there other little niches of hungry Stilus buyers or other countries where the competition is not as strong at the price point :unsure:

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
I was waiting for a 2021 levo ht in xl when I discovered the Stilus luckily, Wasn’t gonna be able to get the levo till jan- March. If I had to wait now I would see what the 2021 Stilus is gonna offer up.

Stiggy

Aug 9, 2020
Bolton UK
I was waiting for a 2021 levo ht in xl when I discovered the Stilus luckily, Wasn’t gonna be able to get the levo till jan- March. If I had to wait now I would see what the 2021 Stilus is gonna offer up.
Seem to remember reading on here that there isn't going to be a 2021 Stilus as such but a Rockrider full Sus eMTB

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana

True that, in Europe sadly it cost 3300 eur so I bought CUBE STEREO HYBRID 140 HPC race for 100 eur more. After that I realized that Stilus is not for people over 191 cm coz it's reach is short so I am happy now. But at first I was really angry about Decathlon price policy. Why Americans and Britains always get stuff cheaper although they have more money then average European..

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow
True that, in Europe sadly it cost 3300 eur so I bought CUBE STEREO HYBRID 140 HPC race for 100 eur more. After that I realized that Stilus is not for people over 191 cm coz it's reach is short so I am happy now. But at first I was really angry about Decathlon price policy. Why Americans and Britains always get stuff cheaper although they have more money then average European..

Look isn't it fair that bikes such have good entry prices. To be honest in the UK a lot of bike shops only stock full suspension bikes with electric motors over £3700 on purpose when they know there is alternatives at under the £3,000 RRP!

SO WHEN THERE IS A BIKE THAT IS £2,699.99 THAT HAS SOME GOOD COMPONENTS YOU'RE LOOKING AT £1,000 THE DIFFERENCE...

There isn't a company I have found in the UK stocking the Cube Stereo 120 Pro at all!

You go to Cube official UK website and the RRP is £2999 but if you found it, they will charge you more?

It's like the UK industry isn't happy selling a eBike mountain under £3700...

Last edited:

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Counting the days until I can get back on mine. Bored to tears right now, one armed life sucks.
Have you been contemplating how to manage the bike on technical terrain? I’ve had a few moments on rough terrain where I’ve struggled due to the weight of the bike, I’m a bit gung ho, just chuck myself down big hills on it, but don’t want to come a cropper, I need to improve My technical riding and probably increase upper body strength

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles