Cube 2022

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
I never look at the range estimate, but battery % is an important and reliable metric. 40% consumption on that trip seems outrageous to me. I usually mix modes and even turn it off, but on 'fast' trips i seem to get much more than that.

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
Do you have a friends with a Bosch Gen 4 to make a comparison of the resistance. I feel it on mine but put it down to the weight of the bike and the tyres.

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
my wife has a bosch motor from 2021 on her normal city bike with 625wh, not sure if that's comparable?

Last edited:

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
Hmm got the same thing as a few others in here with the charging port coming out after 2nd charge. Was carefull after the messages here but didnt matter apparently...
Gonna have them check the bike in one go. Drove it to 15% battery today and still 50 ish km max on emtb.

Holding back was just my jelly legs i think :)

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
Besides the annoyance of these small details, like the charging port coming loose, the more i use the bike the more i like it. It is quite something! A lot of fun for sure, and a lot more time in the saddle as a consequence.

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
Besides the annoyance of these small details, like the charging port coming loose, the more i use the bike the more i like it. It is quite something! A lot of fun for sure, and a lot more time in the saddle as a consequence.
it is, did a 30km trip today after work and just a blast. no knee pain, nothing, it wants to shred each single trail so hard. unbelievable how agile this thing is, yet stable despite the weight...

not sure how the port is coming lose though, i can't see anything how it's actually secured on the back :s

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
Heres a detailed pic of the charger port. I assume there must be some sort of fragile clip holding that back?

Would that now be laying lose in the motor compartment or what?

Pic taken just after rinse and towel wipe. Thourough wash was planned today. :)

20220311_220335.jpg

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
Just received my Stereo Hybrid 140 SL, anyone else think the battery cover should have the release at the top of the tube ideally, away from the dirtiest bits lol.

Looking forward to getting it on some proper trails soon, only had a ride out on roads yet to get a feel for it and adjust bits to my liking (saddle angle and ergon grips).

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
Just received my Stereo Hybrid 140 SL, anyone else think the battery cover should have the release at the top of the tube ideally, away from the dirtiest bits lol.

Looking forward to getting it on some proper trails soon, only had a ride out on roads yet to get a feel for it and adjust bits to my liking (saddle angle and ergon grips).
Enjoy it!!
Please do share what your max range is on EMTB when fully charged i'm curious

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
Enjoy it!!
Please do share what your max range is on EMTB when fully charged i'm curious

You’ve got to keep in mind it’ll take a while for the system to calculate range accurately, and even then it will recalculate regularly based on recent riding.

My old gen2 hardtail would give shortening range when I’d ride a long mostly uphill section, then it would increase again on the downhill.

After today’s 10 miles on the road the app tells me 86% is good for 41km EMTB, but I’m certain that will change a lot with time.

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
I drove it untill 15% and i think i had 52km on the odo. Last percentages went very slow but i was afraid to go so low haha

Range anxiety is real

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
Are you using EMTB 100% of the ride? I didn’t go above Tour+ on my ride today, though I will use EMTB on climbs that warrant it, especially when I get on the trails.

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
Yeh i got yelly legs and bad knees haha. Hence getting an EMTB :p

I do not live in a hilly area where i wpuld get 1k altitude gain in a ride... more like 4-500 max in a 40ish km ride

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
Yeh i got yelly legs and bad knees haha. Hence getting an EMTB :p

I do not live in a hilly area where i wpuld get 1k altitude gain in a ride... more like 4-500 max in a 40ish km ride

Lol I’ve got my Ebike for my dodgy knee, and have realised how much fun it can bring at trail centres. I have to say though if you use EMTB all of the time it will slam the battery, try varying the modes according to the terrain, Tour + on gentler climbs, Eco on flat or downhill etc. And you can also vary the power output from Eco using the app if you feel you need a bit more where it suits.

On my Hardtail I’d get a 40+ mile ride involving some good climbs by varying modes out of a 500Wh battery. Time will tell what I can do on the new bike.

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
I was expecting a good 75km over here in full emtb mode tbh.
But yeah.. need to learn it and get some power myself too. Havent ridden a bike in 4yrs or so. If i did not have the chance to lease the bike cheaply from employer i would not have bought one tbh

Jdub

Jan 10, 2022
Valencia, Spain
I have the 630 wh and range is completely dependent on your climb. I've done 50 km with only 500 m climb and come home with 50% battery and I did a 50 km with 1300 m climb and finished with 13% battery. Emtb all the time. Also, long gradual climbs seems to use way less battery then a lot of up and downs.

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
Something like those numbers i was expecting. But not 50km and having 15% left. Or all range is lower than 15% hehe

I need to go to the shop anyway next week to get the charger port fixed...

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
Well that is really weird. That shock doesn't look like the shock pictured on the bike I'm buying from my bike shop, but I've just read the specs and it does indeed say that it comes with the Rockshox Deluxe Select+. All the press pictures I saw when I ordered, had a piggy back shock which now looks like the Super Deluxe Select+. I'm a bit gutted to be honest because I'd have probably upgraded to the TM if I'd have known.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Does say on cubes website spec may change due to availability bit of a kick in the teeth though if you wanted a shock with a canister and still paying 5k

gigasonix

Oct 31, 2021
UK
I just managed to purchase a Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC Action Team 2022 from Independent Bike Shop Halifax, UK | Cycle Gear with a 5% discount and I'm expecting it to be delivered to me this week. I had put deposit on a 160 HPC Action Team 2022 from Twelve50 Bikes, Frodsham but I got fed up of waiting for it. They are expecting to have the one I cancelled and a few more 160's in stock next month if anyone wants to call them and reserve. I'm not sure if I've done the right thing switching from a 160 to a 140 but I'll get it sooner and its saved me some money.

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
Heres a detailed pic of the charger port. I assume there must be some sort of fragile clip holding that back?

Would that now be laying lose in the motor compartment or what?

Pic taken just after rinse and towel wipe. Thourough wash was planned today. :)

View attachment 83702
Fixed it myself!

for those who has the same, there are 3 pins that should clamp in the middle section, probably not clipped in correctly by cube.
remove the 2 screws with an 2.5imbus (be carefull as these are butter screws)
remove the port and force the clips in. you could use a bit of glue to keep em in place a bit more or use some electrical tape to put around it.

easy fix

andreama85

Mar 8, 2022
Italy
That is definitely not a Rockshox Deluxe Select +
Seriously hope it's not a downgrade after all this time waiting.

that shock absorber is as per description site cube! the photo of the site is wrong! the one in the photo cube site is a super deluxe select with tank! the deluxe select + does not have the tank

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles