Cube 2022

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
ooof
just called LBS. about 3k bikes are cancelled for delivery in Belgium (same happens in other country's) all 160s are pushed to 2023

i'm on the list for the SL grey n orange coming in end of march ( week 13 ) and for the action team coming in week 8
tempted to go for the action team if it comes in week8 in fear that by week 10 or so the SL will be pushed back even further

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
That is what i understood from my LBS.
They started cancelling orders for 160 from wednesday and he reported 3k+ bikes were cancelled

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
FWIW, i just weighed the bike: size M, tubeless, with bottle cage and mixed Shimano pedals (400g): 24,3 kg.
Not too bad for 750Wh battery.

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
My bike shop said they hadn’t heard anything about cancelling 160’s until 2023 so were still looking at May/June 2022 delivery. I think we all know that can change though😕.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Called in to my lbs they said eta was w/c 6th june due to shortage of parts apparently didnt say exactly what parts very little bosch 750 around thats affordable so looking at maybe focus or giant both do 625 batteries plus range extenders are available plus orbea wild my lbs have bern told focus bikes are imminent so lets see what lands.
Would need to get rid of the rubbish purion controller too

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
It seems to be Bosch not able to supply750 batteries is a big issue. I see quite a lot of 625!rae and small frame bike around for sale. Reckon it’s also the chip shortage having an effect. I would take whatever you can at the moment.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Ill be honest cube customer relations have come out of this covered in poo they are awful to deal with unhelpful dismissing even and do not keep you updated at all on delays.
My order has had 3x delays now with no response from cube other than contact your lbs cos we wont tell you makes me wonder if i should change brand anyway also heard the warranty claims are harder to get sorted than from other manufacturers 🤔🤔🤔

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
Had the same with the bike from scott for my son so... took a year to get allmost...
Was just a 520eur bike that became a 650eur bike

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
Good luck these days finding a brand more forthcoming about the delays.
I've heard the same complaints from customers of at least four other main brands and dealers of a couple more.
I know it's frustrating, been looking for one and waiting since last summer; I've changed three orders and finally landed the Cube. Could have been something else in this scenario (other than a Spesch).

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
The thing is the eta is june who is to say that wont go back further thats why im looking elsewhere fingers crossed something will turn up b4 the summer

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
Yes, i was also looking around for the same reason. Just saying that Cube is not worse than many other brands ATM as far as giving reliable info on delivery; in most cases brands don't even have that info themselves.
Some decide to keep updating as they go and people still get angry; bottom line is, no bike no customer's joy...

griffithsgl6

Aug 15, 2021
Gloucestershire
Called in to my lbs they said eta was w/c 6th june due to shortage of parts apparently didnt say exactly what parts very little bosch 750 around thats affordable so looking at maybe focus or giant both do 625 batteries plus range extenders are available plus orbea wild my lbs have bern told focus bikes are imminent so lets see what lands.
Would need to get rid of the rubbish purion controller too
After a couple of delays I cancelled my order and before xmas bought a Stereo Hybrid 160 HPC Race 625, it comes with a purion display which was a disappointment considering it was a £4200 bike, but otherwise I'm happy with it. A few shops have them in stock if you really wanted a 160.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
I do want a 160 bike with a bosch motor but want a bigger battery so looking at bikes with the option to fit range extenders.
Focus offer a extender that takes it over 900w.
Would also ditch the purion display for something from the 20th century.

griffithsgl6

Aug 15, 2021
Gloucestershire
I do want a 160 bike with a bosch motor but want a bigger battery so looking at bikes with the option to fit range extenders.
Focus offer a extender that takes it over 900w.
Would also ditch the purion display for something from the 20th century.
I was tempted by the Focus too, Thron & Sam I looked at, Sam had availability issues at the time too, Thron was available, but I decided to stick with Cube.

Last edited:

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
I was hoping the 160 Action Team would surface in my LBS at some stage, but no signs of it. They will let me know when/if any 160's with the 750w battery arrive.

Interesting that some LBS appear to be awash with Specialized ebikes...so either Spesh have the deliveries right or the reliability issues have dented sales.

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
Or price/specs is quite poor...
I had the chance to get one Levo alloy before my 140sl arrived: for more than a grand extra, alloy frame, 500 battery and SX drivetrain :sneaky: No thanks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles