Cube 2022

sicathode

Jan 4, 2022
Midlands
Nice 1 both - sicathode it looks like you managed to get a mostly dry ride in there! Impressed given the time of year.

Chris and I sat here very jealous whilst waiting for our 160's. :LOL:
Really nice day for the time of year. Still had to wash any little bits of mud off when i got back 😂
I feel your pain guys it won’t be long until you have them 👍🏻

sicathode

Jan 4, 2022
Midlands
Anyone with the Smart system tried to export an activity from the Flow app?
I just did and the GPX is unusable... :cautious:
One thing is to have to go through hoops to get it to Strava and such, but much worse is to not even be able to do it.
Haven’t tried that yet. Will look into it tomorrow if get chance 👍🏻

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
56% after 34 miles is impressive i know in emtb is more battery hungry but even so my rides wont be as far as that the arse wont allow it lol the mudguards look good too not massive at all but do they work ??

sicathode

Jan 4, 2022
Midlands
56% after 34 miles is impressive i know in emtb is more battery hungry but even so my rides wont be as far as that the arse wont allow it lol the mudguards look good too not massive at all but do they work ??
It was a nice day so not put the mudguards through a proper test. I had two small spots on my jacket when I returned but only hit a couple of puddles. Both RRP with the front being the shorter version. Front will do a good job. Not sure how much the back will keep out but didn’t want a massive one on.

roarnico

Jan 30, 2022
Sjøholt, Norway
Anyone with the Smart system tried to export an activity from the Flow app?
I just did and the GPX is unusable... :cautious:
One thing is to have to go through hoops to get it to Strava and such, but much worse is to not even be able to do it.

I've tried this export-option, but when uploading to Strava the file is missing "time information" and is therefore unusable.
According to Bosch an automatic sharing option of Komoot and Strava will be available within a few months.
Guess I'm still using my Garmin Edge 530 for some time...

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
According to Bosch an automatic sharing option of Komoot and Strava will be available within a few months.
Let's hope so...
Just got back from a nice ride with the 530 on the side. At least i got something up in Strava and Trainerroad.
A bit of a shame, but If they deliver on the above it would be a nice improvement.
The bike, BTW, is an absolute blast!

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
I ordered my first ebike in july last year; been reading and watching way too much emtb related content since. I know the feeling...

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Been stalkin the internet since sept looking for any indication of the new 160 sl 750w bike but seen more evidence of a dodo than a cube 160 750w bike

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
Yeah, just out of curiosity the other day picking up my bike i asked about the 160; they were delivering two more 140 and more on the way, but did not even have a date for the few 160 they had on order. :cautious:

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
When they told me my 160 wasn’t going to be in stock until May I thought they were just covering themselves and it would be earlier than that. I’m now thinking I’ll be lucky to see it by then.

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
The e-bike shop in Farnham.
Haven't heard any updates from them and the website is still saying May. If its May for the first orders then I'll be behind them. It'd be nice if bike shops emailed once a month just to let you know what they've heard, but I guess it's a lack of information from the factories so they don't know what's going on themselves?

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
I was told back in november by the lbs that the bottleneck was the new battery. Supposedly they started production by mid december or so, but with uneven workforce (covid) and the shipping and distribution situatio we all know, delivery of all the bikes using this battery was to be affected.
Indeed i do feel lucky to have one here so 'soon', but it is moving.
Mondraker, for instance, is in the same situation with several models with the new battery; also late on deliveries but they are appearing now.
I hope your wait will not be much longer!

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Theres a rumour the 1st bike comes with a golden ticket under the saddle to win a trip to the factory only problem is the factories empty 🤣🤣🤣

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
It’s really weird isn’t it. Every bike I’ve ever had…I’ve looked for it, found it in stock, bought it. This waiting game is a whole new thing for me. I wonder if it’s ever going to get back to ‘the good old days’ where you can just find the one you want in stock?

Kinetic

Jan 27, 2022
Finland
It’s really weird isn’t it. Every bike I’ve ever had…I’ve looked for it, found it in stock, bought it. This waiting game is a whole new thing for me. I wonder if it’s ever going to get back to ‘the good old days’ where you can just find the one you want in stock?
It's not strange if you check for other markets beyond e-bikes. For example the car industry is also in big troubles with lack of the semiconductors and built up order buffers. Same thing applies basically for every market using semiconductors (including automation industry, which cumulates this problem also to other segments than electronics.).

I was interested about BMW's new i4 M50. Turned out that if I make the order now, the car will be shipped around spring/summer 2023...

More about the topic:

Officially placed my order for 140 SL 750 (flashgreen) at monday. LBS said the delivery time is around W17. For flashgrey it was W11, but I'm not so hurry, because end of March will be the slipperiest time in Finland (temperature starts to rise and snow is melting and turning to ice in night).

I also asked delivery times for 160 SL from our official importer of Cube bikes and they said that delivery is estimated on W20. So looks like May is common delivery time globally for 160's.

Last edited:

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
It's not strange if you check for other markets beyond e-bikes. For example the car industry is also in big troubles with lack of the semiconductors and built up order buffers. Same thing applies basically for every market using semiconductors (including automation industry, which cumulates this problem also to other segments than electronics.).

I was interested about BMW's new i4 M50. Turned out that if I make the order now, the car will be shipped around spring/summer 2023...

More about the topic:

Officially placed my order for 140 SL 750 (flashgreen) at monday. LBS said the delivery time is around W17. For flashgrey it was W11, but I'm not so hurry, because end of March will be the slipperiest time in Finland (temperature starts to rise and snow is melting and turning to ice in night).

I also asked delivery times for 160 SL from our official importer of Cube bikes and they said that delivery is estimated on W20. So looks like May is common delivery time globally for 160's.
In Finland official importer of Cube bikes told me that 160 TM is available at week 15. That was back at december though. :rolleyes:

sicathode

Jan 4, 2022
Midlands
Don’t know if it helps or anyone interested. I had an email today to say they have had a Stereo Hybrid HPC SL 29er in grey/orange size XL in today at Freeborn 👍🏻

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
In Australia we are still seeing 2021 stuff rolling in randomly. I asked about 2022 120 Pro and got told late 2022 so opted for a 2021 160 SL
BTW: anyone got a 160 SL in grey/black? Does it have a Kiox or Purion?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles