Cube 2022

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
It's a bit strange how there are a number of shops with stock selling 750wh powertube batteries on their own but Bosch can't seem to find enough to put them in bikes.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Who knows what the truth is being honest would be a big help.
The official word from cube is a lack of parts is the cause of the delay.
Which parts??
Motors and batteries or forks shocks brakes etc.
Its funny how the 140sl is in shops which i assume the frames are the same as a 160 so its gotta be the parts thats the problem.
Pity there isnt a cube rep reading this thread cos i think they have missed out on my £5k.

ckay76

Aug 24, 2018
De4 4fx
Just had my update from Lbs on my 2022 160 Action team. Scheduled 22nd Feb, now a 3 month or SO delay. Its the or SO but that's worrying.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Ive decided to look elsewhere for my new book something that is built already i dont want to wait till june or beyond and tbh don,t trust cube to deliver on the new projected date might cost me a bit extra but hey you live and learn

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Reserved a giant reign e+2 going to view it this week to make my mind up its a bit more money than the cube 625 battery but a range extender is available to make it 875w. Also no display included but again are available good spec for the money zebs and a fox rear shock code r brakes plus the pwx3 motor which is fully serviceable for the future so watch this space👍👍

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
Reserved a giant reign e+2 going to view it this week to make my mind up its a bit more money than the cube 625 battery but a range extender is available to make it 875w. Also no display included but again are available good spec for the money zebs and a fox rear shock code r brakes plus the pwx3 motor which is fully serviceable for the future so watch this space👍👍
I like the look of the Giant, think it would be my 2nd choice after the Cube. Yamaha seems a good strong motor from reviews I have seen.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
I spoke to my local giant shop he said giant are opening a motor service centre in the uk to start doing repairs in the next couple of months so the motors im told are fully serviceable just like bosch

Rukahs

Apr 27, 2021
NW
I didn't want to wait either for the 22 bikes so bought one of the last 21 bikes that was in stock, managed to get 0% for 36 months too so that was a bonus - keep my savings in the bank.

Rukahs

Apr 27, 2021
NW
The bike im looking at is a 22 model can get it on the ride to work scheme so 32 percent off so big saving 😉😉

I wanted to do that but our scheme only goes up to 3k and they don’t allow the consumer to top up the value to buy a more expensive bike. Pretty crap that.

DoubleU

Jan 15, 2022
Cheshire, UK
More tempted by a 140 now. If I'm being brutally honest with my riding, a 160 isn't really needed. But it's a nice to have. What's annoying is that (according to the cube site) there's barely any weight difference between the two. And the price is pretty much the same!

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
A third off the Giant is a huge reduction!
Wish I could get something on the cycle to work scheme but I’m self employed so it doesn’t work for me. That Mondraker is very nice but a bit spendy£££

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
A third off the Giant is a huge reduction!
Wish I could get something on the cycle to work scheme but I’m self employed so it doesn’t work for me. That Mondraker is very nice but a bit spendy£££
Have u looked at the reign e+0 750w battery £7500 theres a large in jejames for sale

Last edited:

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
A 2021 TM with less than 500km? Sure they did not use it much; i did half as much in a couple of weeks with my new 140...
Auto subtitles in youtube are worthless though!

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I´ve the feeling that 140 (includind TM and SL specs) have been popping to stores, but other models, including 160 are delayed . What is your info/feeling?

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
140’s are definitely getting through to stores in the uk but yep..the 160’s seem to be delayed by a few months. Even the earliest dates most people seem to have been given are around May. Still can’t work out why as apart from the suspension and frame they’re surely the same bikes.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Ive cancelled my 160 order was told put back to june at the earliest so wasnt prepared to wait that long never mind bubes loss giants gain

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles