Covid 19 worries !

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
It's all cattle farming around here. I wouldn't dream of having an "open" mouthpiece strapped to my bike. I'd never be off the bog!
I live on a working cattle farm.
What are you doing riding your roadbike in cattle fields? ;)

But what I still can't understand
Roadies waterbottles sit BEHIND the down tube or INFRONT of the seat tube. The mouth of their bottle is far more protected from road debris than their mouths are from spray from the rider infront's rear wheel (or their own wheel spray).
If you honestly get stomach upsets as easily as you make out you need to stop worrying and get covered in shite so your imune system can strengthen deal with germs better.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
So Boris and his experts have done the sums and has figured that about 60% of the population are needed to contract the virus to help with a herd immunity , long term . With the fatality rate as it stands the death toll could be huge .
It would help with the current nhs bed blocking , social care , pension pots and the vulnerable !
Don’t think I’m comfortable with his strategy!!
It might be right though !

Last edited:

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
So Boris and his experts have done the sums and has figured that about 60% of the population are needed to contract the virus to help with a herd immunity , long term . With the fatality rate as it stands the death toll could be huge .
It would help with the current nhs bed blocking , social care , pension pots and the vulnerable !

Unfortunately any strategy that involves not catching the virus is likely to fail. Their point is that it's no good just delaying a big spike in cases, let's try to spread the cases out. Take it in turns to get ill!

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
I live on a working cattle farm.
What are you doing riding your roadbike in cattle fields? ;)

This is the part of Spain where the fighting bulls are bred. What else am I gonna ride? :eek:

IMG_2841.JPG

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
And keep one batterie at full charge, because if the end really nears, when the lights go out, there is still that 1,5 hours of fun left.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
It might be right though !

Seems most of us are going to get this. Just like most of us get colds every winter.

I guess the aim is that the 'most' is taken from the least vulnerable of us as much as possible, and at as slow a rate as possible.

I don't seen alternative until there's a vaccine or treatment.

Herd immunity gained through infecting the strongest then benefits the vulnerable without them getting infected.

Lock down won't work unless it's maintained until a vaccine is available.

My hunch is the overall govt strategy is valid, though I don't know enough to judge specifics.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
It possibly is but it’s still a huge gamble as the majority of countries are going the other way !

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Seems most of us are going to get this. Just like most of us get colds every winter.

I guess the aim is that the 'most' is taken from the least vulnerable of us as much as possible, and at as slow a rate as possible.

I don't seen alternative until there's a vaccine or treatment.

Herd immunity gained through infecting the strongest then benefits the vulnerable without them getting infected.

Lock down won't work unless it's maintained until a vaccine is available.

My hunch is the overall govt strategy is valid, though I don't know enough to judge specifics.
There is no reason why most of us should get this virus, or at least suffer from ill effects due to it. Most of us do not get the Flu yet 80 people a day in the UK die from Flu/Pnemonia and yes most of those are the elderly especially if they have pre existing medical conditions. That is the case despite most elderly getting the Flu vaccine every year. As and when testing becomes more available the statistics for those known to be infected will naturally grow but that is not really the important statistic given that for most it seems the ill effects will be relatively easy to manage without hospital treatment. The greater knowledge we have of the total numbers infected the more meaningful the statistics for fatality will become. Even then the only reliable statistic is the number of fatalities as a % of the population, since we will never know the total numbers infected. The important aspects are to protect the elderly and sick and to ensure the health services have the capacity to accommodate those that do need hospital treatment.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
But what I still can't understand with the roadies is that their bidons are still the "old fashioned" type with an exposed mouthpiece. You only need to see the shit washed up on their legs (and bidons) from damp roads to realise that this is a source of innumerable tummy bugs (as regularly reported in the TDF commentary).

It's all cattle farming around here. I wouldn't dream of having an "open" mouthpiece strapped to my bike. I'd never be off the bog!

(Oh look: here comes another :poop: in my likes profile :ROFLMAO:)
I had to look up "Bidon"!!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Look closely... they're both fellahs! And both "entire".

(I won't show my missus your reply 'cos she'll turn you into a frog :eek:)
Oh fuck... sorry man. :eek:
the pic I'd posted in my reply mustn't have posted.
Scroll back now I've edited the post to show it.

I deserve a massive slap
(not that unusual TBF)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Have to say amongst all this pandemic pandemonium, with my business looking like its going to go into economic meltdown, my octogenarian parents in lockdown, and my kids school obliviously still pressing ahead with all sorts of unnecessary events, going for a nice ride out in the hills today did wonders.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Have to say amongst all this pandemic pandemonium, with my business looking like its going to go into economic meltdown, my octogenarian parents in lockdown, and my kids school obliviously still pressing ahead with all sorts of unnecessary events, going for a nice ride out in the hills today did wonders.
Next Monday all Schools here will be closing
All School trips cancelled.
All team sports/clubs (my youngest plays/trains with 3 footy clubs) training and games fixtures cancelled for the next 4 weeks.
Local church cafe (next to the church) closed today. (elderly churchgoer volunteers run it and it's frequented entirely by families with young kids and elderly folk)
Rode my 4X bike today... similar thoughts to you.
Tomorrow we'll be heading out to the woods next to mine to build a den.
Might be online perusing leccy chainsaws too ;)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Might be online perusing leccy chainsaws too
If you already have any Makita stuff the X2 is excellent. {Takes two batteries} Think there's a new version of that with twin speeds. Chains are cheap on amazon. Ideally you want the twin charger and most of the copy batteries from Amazon also work well and are cheap. Mate bought the husqvarna one after laughing at mine then trying it. Equally good. Personally I'd go with the Makita as they make a great range of man toys.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Obviously you’ll be the bestest chainsaw pilot of ever, but please be careful; they are more dangerous than a Honey Badger with a hangover. Chainsaw trews and head/face protection as a minimum.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.

just awake, raining ...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles