Covid 19 worries !

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
So you and Rusty are putting your names on the Euthanasia list then ?
Quite happy with that. Voted for voluntary euthanasia as I watched my dad suffer for more than 10 years in agony each and every day with a range of issues that they would not operate on due to his age.
Currently have been off work for over a month with spinal issues after tripping over a kids bike left in the park one night walking the dog. Thankfully it is operable, but if a choice between living the rest of my life on morphine daily or taking the red pill - I would take the pill. Living is shit if you don't have quality of life.

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
I've been watching this since early Jan and to be honest, it's spreading as pretty much all the epidemiologists had forecasted.
We're already past the containment phase and the UK government seem to think that the best way to deal with it is to let it burn itself out as quickly as possible. They may well be right.

Unfortunately, at this point it's uncontainable and it's pretty likely 40-70% of the UK (world?) will get it. Currently 3.9% of cases with outcomes have been fatalities. Fingers crossed it's nowhere near that.

China isolated 100 million people and that seems to have slowed it down. Hopefully it won't pick back up again now everyone is going back to work.

Italy and Iran are now quarantining people and they're probably 2-3 weeks ahead of us based on infection rates/number of deaths.

Basically, wash your hands, and try and avoid large gatherings. I'd suggest picking up a couple of extra tins of beans when you do your shopping - even if there isn't a shortage of food there will be panic buying - go and see if you can pick up any hand sanitiser right now, sold out everywhere, even in the small Yorkshire market town I'm in.

I'm far from a doomer but this outbreak is a bit different from anything else we've had before.
Hand sanitiser is just alcohol - substitute for vodka and use 1/2 shot on your hands and 2 shots to disinfect your throat.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hand sanitiser is just alcohol - substitute for vodka and use 1/2 shot on your hands and 2 shots to disinfect your throat.
The second part is good all round advice. The first part only works if the alcohol is over 60% most UK vodkas are 40% so you're just wasting good vodka you could be using to clear your throat.

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
The second part is good all round advice. The first part only works if the alcohol is over 60% most UK vodkas are 40% so you're just wasting good vodka you could be using to clear your throat.
Good point - but I'm Polish.........What's 40%?

Reactions: Dax

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I have this 89.9% absinthe from South America. It burns everything in my mouth, throat and stomach. Finally I can use it for something good!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
is that Alcohol content or your agreement?
Content!!
Is there any loo roll left in Weymouth? Dorchester was looking bare this week!
No idea mate....I don't do shopping! Why the heck are people buying toilet rolls??

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
No idea mate....I don't do shopping! Why the heck are people buying toilet rolls??
We were just having that conversation ..

It's either

A: People are expecting stomach issues if they change off their McDonalds diet onto real food ?

B: Someone of Facebook has said home mummification is the best way to deal with your dead.

Last edited:

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
80,000 people killed worldwide in the first two months of 2020 from the influenza flu virus. This COVID 19 scare is mostly media hype. The vast majority of people affected most seriously have medical problems to begin with like COPD heart disease, diabetes. I'm not saying that it is not to be taken seriously like the flu virus but look around you. We don't cancel MotoGP and rock concerts because of the flu do we?

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Here in Australia the queer fuckwitts are buying up all the bog roll like it's ceased production or something , the factory's have now upped production to 24 hours a day because of the panic , if you "lay cable" once a day, a roll should last about 4 days, the Chinese population here are buying it all up and putting it on ebay for astronomical prices, so now when we have to "drop the kids off at the pool" we have to wipe sparingly. (no curries for a while)
I always see Far/Near East and Middle east types buying half a trolley load most shops - figured whatever they eat requires a lot of mopping up.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Bloody madness!

46C54E36-4DC9-4752-8117-56C63EDD6466.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It's ok to still take the piss out of Aussies thou I hope ? I'm sure I saw there was an exception in the forum guidelines. It's written upside down so it's not immediately clear.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
It's ok to still take the piss out of Aussies thou I hope ? I'm sure I saw there was an exception in the forum guidelines. It's written upside down so it's not immediately clear.
Careful Zimmer there are more Asian, Indians and middle eastern “Aussies” than the white ones these days so you may actually still offend them.

For the record I’m happy for you to take the piss. Only insecure people take offence to anything.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
80,000 people killed worldwide in the first two months of 2020 from the influenza flu virus. This COVID 19 scare is mostly media hype. The vast majority of people affected most seriously have medical problems to begin with like COPD heart disease, diabetes

So to spin that around, 80000 people died from a girly little cold in 2 months from a virus which is fairly widely spread. So image how many would die if this super sized man flu manages to spread everywhere. Things are cancelled to try and contain it.

Yes, behind closed doors some political groups are jumping up and down for joy with the golden bullet on their doorsteps. For some short term pain there's a lot of long term gain. Get rid of a huge chunk of pensioners 20%+. And all the sick people, solving all your pension and health care worries in just a few months.

If you think that's fair and don't mind loosing friends and family, spread away.

Things started accelerating in Italy on Friday with 50 deaths. They're locking down more now round Lombardy.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Some idiot down here went to a frigging concert - knowing he/she had flu symptoms.
Seriously, if you are that stupid you deserve to be locked up until you either come right or die.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Italy's extra crack down .. (not on toilet paper).

www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51787238

I do hope this toilet paper thing won't lead to some long term commercial shift in selling.

They might decide that they like all the extra empty shelf space for selling other stuff, toilet paper will then become a seasonal item, sold only late February, early March. You have to stock up for the whole year.

I wonder when the change will come that dinner parties aren't "bring a bottle" , but "BYOTP" - Bring your own toilet paper...

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Italy's extra crack down .. (not on toilet paper).

www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51787238

I do hope this toilet paper thing won't lead to some long term commercial shift in selling.

They might decide that they like all the extra empty shelf space for selling other stuff, toilet paper will then become a seasonal item, sold only late February, early March. You have to stock up for the whole year.

I wonder when the change will come that dinner parties aren't "bring a bottle" , but "BYOTP" - Bring your own toilet paper...
I’m gluten and dairy free so my waste leaves no traces.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
For the odd occasion I have some left over sandpaper from old jobs. I also might start keeping my battery Karcher next to the toilet

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Maybe it's a generational thing, but I really don't understand the problem with lack of toilet paper when there are newspapers available. Can't think of a better use for The Sun and The Daily Mail than wiping my arse on them... :mad:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles