Covid 19 worries !

Timbo

Aug 31, 2018
France
Let’s not get political mate. This isn’t true but no point in discussing this stuff.

14 January[edit]
On 14 January, two of the 41 confirmed cases in Wuhan were reported to include a married couple, raising the possibility of human-to-human transmission.[74][75]
On 14 January, Maria Van Kerkhove, acting head of WHO's emerging diseases unit said that there had been limited human-to-human transmission of the coronavirus, mainly small clusters in families, adding that "it is very clear right now that we have no sustained human-to-human transmission"[76][77]

7 January[edit]
Since the outburst of social media discussion of the mysterious pneumonia outbreak in Wuhan, China, Chinese authorities censored the hashtag #WuhanSARS and were now investigating anyone who was allegedly spreading misleading information about the outbreak on social media.[53]
"28 January[edit]
China's Supreme People's Court ruled that whistleblower, Li Wenliang, had not committed the crime of spreading "rumors" when on 30 December 2019 he posted to a WeChat forum for medical school alumni that seven patients under his care appeared to have contracted SARS. In their ruling, the Supreme People's Court stated, "If society had at the time believed those 'rumours', and wore masks, used disinfectant and avoided going to the wildlife market as if there were a SARS outbreak, perhaps it would've meant we could better control the coronavirus today," the court said. "Rumours end when there is openness."[234][235]
WHO Situation Report 8:[236]"

Maybe China will be a bit less retcent about alerting the world when the next sars/coronavirus outbreak occurs

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Spanish Flu Asian Flu SARS....the track record is clear and the methods used to control information etc by the ruling CCP are well known and yet WHO did not investigate or take any action. It is important to recognise that because there is as yet still nothing in place to prevent all of this happening again. And is not the fault of the majority of the Chinese population....they suffer as well. Wild Animal farming has to stop, wet markets banned, proper tagging and hygeine of livestock slaughter implemented. Yes, and the WHO needs to grow some balls!

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Let’s not get political mate. This isn’t true but no point in discussing this stuff.

FFS - STOP with the preaching BULLSHIT. I was posting a FACT - nothing political about it. If you don't like it STFU or ignore my posts, but never try sermonising to me.

World Health Organization (WHO)

@WHO

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1217043229427761152

Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China
1f1e8-1f1f3.png

12:18 AM - Jan 15, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Something interesting a friend in the states sent me - note the date.
I kind of went ... WTF, why such a panic in March? We should have been preparing much earlier.

USA Today.jpg

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Sorry...do not understand your point. Work to develop a vaccine has been ongoing for weeks in the US and elsewhere. It usually takes at least a year and often longer to develop test approve and manufacture in bulk a vaccine. In the US at least they are hoping to reduce that entire process into just weeks. The UK has facilities like Porton Down working on it but is less hopeful of an early availability.

slippery pete

Oct 29, 2019
Scotland
at least a year and often longer to develop test approve and manufacture in bulk a vaccine.

The principle being that if you intend to vaccinate a population of billions, risks you introduce through the vaccination are multiplied out by billions of chances for that risk to transpire. You've got to be damn certain that the vaccination: a) does something good for the population, and b) doesn't do something nasty to individuals.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The principle being that if you intend to vaccinate a population of billions, risks you introduce through the vaccination are multiplied out by billions of chances for that risk to transpire. You've got to be damn certain that the vaccination: a) does something good for the population, and b) doesn't do something nasty to individuals.
Agreed...and the same applies to the development of virus tests from the point of view that a test which is only say 90% reliable/accurate means you could give a lot of people information they are immune when they are not.....or fail to identify people who are infected and contagious and allow them to go back into society.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Boris Tests Positive for Corona Virus ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-52058788

Though in today's world of bullcrap .. is that :

A: Boris actually has C-19
B: Boris says he has C-19 so he can then say he's cured and is the strong superman to lead the UK on.
C: Boris says he has C-19 so he can step back in a few days because "He doesn't need all this sh1t" and let someone else has deal with it and then back to "B".
D: Boris has syphilis and this is a good cover story.

Mr cynical ... :)

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Your humour is misplaced on this occasion mate. Given the number of cabinet members officials and expert advisors he will have been in contact with this could severely impact on management of this crisis.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Your humour is misplaced on this occasion mate. Given the number of cabinet members officials and expert advisors he will have been in contact with this could severely impact on management of this crisis.
It does not bode well ! Which is why we hope it's not A !

I know westminster is hotspot, but have there been many other infections within the cabinet and advisors ? I saw Nadine Dorries had "recovered" and returned to work earlier this week, only 2 weeks after being diagnosed, so there would appear to be some quick recoveries possible.

Last edited:

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
The Health minister has also tested positive, again with 'mild symptoms' so it's likely that most if not all the cabinet and attached staff will have it.
I wonder how many people have or have had CV19 but with only mild symptoms and dismissed it as a cold for instance?

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The Health minister has also tested positive, again with 'mild symptoms' so it's likely that most if not all the cabinet and attached staff will have it.
I wonder how many people have or have had CV19 but with only mild symptoms and dismissed it as a cold for instance?
I suspect quite a few plus many more before the International community were informed about covid who were presumed to be flu victims. It is easy to forget that alongside this virus there are still significant fatalities from pneumonia caused by the flu virus everyday.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
It does not bode well ! Which is why we hope it's not A !

I know westminster is hotspot, but have there been many other infections within the cabinet and advisors ? I saw Nadine Dorries had "recovered" and returned to work earlier this week, only 2 weeks after being diagnosed, so there would appear to be some quick recoveries possible.
To be clear he has been tested as positive.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Sadly on the figures, we (france) jumped up 365 yesterday :-( Including a 16 year old girl, the youngest to die in France so far.

In terms of recoveries, the uk is still at only 135, making it even more impressive that Nadine Dorries is not only recovered, but back at work in less than 2 weeks and being in that tiny group of 135 - so maybe there are some other experimental treatments out there.

The Dutch are seemingly being the most cautious with letting people out of hospital, with only 3 recoveries still.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
In Denmark it is not allowed to announce anything personal about health so unless they go into public themselves, recoveries will not be announced. So far Denmark have 1 recovered from C19 officially.

Karsten

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Im not sure recoveries are being recorded in the UK and it is possibly not that easy to track. Someone whose condition improves is likely to sent home to finish recovery there so they cannot record it is a recovery when someone is discharged from hospital and no one will track at what point the patient considers themselves to be "recovered". The critical stat in terms of the most limited resource is the number in ICU but the stats I see only show a number for "active cases".

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Official numbers from Wuhan is +- 2500 deads . This numbers don´t match whith others evidences like cremations activities, piles of coffins stack in ware ouses and others. Real numbres should be dozens of thousands. So be carfull ou there.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Official numbers from Wuhan is +- 2500 deads . This numbers don´t match whith others evidences like cremations activities, piles of coffins stack in ware ouses and others. Real numbres should be dozens of thousands. So be carfull ou there.

Source of your information? Link please.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Is this the same Daily Mail that has been attacking doctors , junior doctors and nurses for the last god knows how many years !
Fivetones , you quickly pull people up on stats and sources then you post a news article from a online media machine that has been described as an unreliable news source ! You can’t have you cake and eat it (unless you believe the other liar “ boris”) ! ☺️

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Boris Tests Positive for Corona Virus ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-52058788

Though in today's world of bullcrap .. is that :

A: Boris actually has C-19
B: Boris says he has C-19 so he can then say he's cured and is the strong superman to lead the UK on.
C: Boris says he has C-19 so he can step back in a few days because "He doesn't need all this sh1t" and let someone else has deal with it and then back to "B".
D: Boris has syphilis and this is a good cover story.

Mr cynical ... :)
B and hopefully C ??

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Is this the same Daily Mail that has been attacking doctors , junior doctors and nurses for the last god knows how many years !
Fivetones , you quickly pull people up on stats and sources then you post a news article from a online media machine that has been described as an unreliable news source ! You can’t have you cake and eat it (unless you believe the other liar “ boris”) ! ☺️

Oh, I could post the actually Guardian link of the same information as that’s where I saw it first. There are others on this forum that then have a hissy fit. Let’s be clear, there’s a toilet paper shortage? Not as long as the Mail exists! ;)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
We must be reading the Daily Mail with different eyes. I do not recall any article in the DM that has been critical of doctors , junior doctors and nurses. NHS management yes, NHS unions yes, I'm sure I could find lots of those. I'm not saying that the odd psychopathic nurse like Beverley Allitt or incompetent doctor haven't had their coals raked, but the DM is generally supportive.

Like every other newspaper, if the DM hears of anything generic they will follow it up and report it. I'm thinking of nurses being browbeaten into not reporting poor outcomes for one particular surgeon, or one hospital having a markedly poor record on live births, or doctors being allowed to practice when their grasp of English is so poor as to be dangerous. That is reporting on "the system" and not on "doctors , junior doctors and nurses" per se. We all need that sort of reporting, as next time it could be you that is harmed.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
It is completely naive to think your favoured media outlet provides accurate and balanced information whilst someone else's is propoganda. They are all journalists....an occupation ranked well below used car salesmen. Their ignorance arrogance and total lack of respect for anything/anyone other than themselves or those that conform to their political view, has never been so adequately exposed as now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles