commencal 2021

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Hey guys, I have a quick question and I am a bit stuck on this. After loads of research, I finally decided to order a Commencal Meta Power Öhlins edition :). However, the wait is killing me, I saw now that the RockShox version, the Meta Power Team edition will be in stock from the 15th of November. I genuinely don't know what to do, wait for 4 more months(or more if something goes wrong), or change the order. What would you do? Also, it is a 500EU difference at the end of the day.
I would change my order to get the bike. You're living in Portugal and can ride around the year, 4 month waiting is too much.

noblige

Aug 30, 2020
California
Hey guys, I have a quick question and I am a bit stuck on this. After loads of research, I finally decided to order a Commencal Meta Power Öhlins edition :). However, the wait is killing me, I saw now that the RockShox version, the Meta Power Team edition will be in stock from the 15th of November. I genuinely don't know what to do, wait for 4 more months(or more if something goes wrong), or change the order. What would you do? Also, it is a 500EU difference at the end of the day.
I'd go with Rockshox/SRAM any day. I'd be surprised if you get your bike shipped in mid-Novermber though.

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
I prefer rockshox over Ohlins build. It’s cheaper. And it arrives sooner.

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
Interesting.. UK shows 15 Nov as well for some builds. Anyone talked to Commencal US recently, when they are getting bikes and/or reworked motors?
Just seen this also. I have the sx race on preorder so would be pretty cool but I'm not holding my breath just yet ?

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Rumor has it the new Santa Cruz e-bike with EP8 is expected to be available at the end of Nov.
Which if true, is very promising for the Commencal.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
imo a +20mm difference in chainstay length is a huge difference, 430 is on the very short end of the spectrum these days & 450 is on the long end. the longer the chainstay the further forward the balance point of the bike will be.

also remember emtb have the motor weight & especially battery weight both far forward of the rear axle which will keep the front end weighted far more than a non-emtb.

I don't see how a longer chainstay will push the balance point further forward - wouldn't it shift further back along with the wheel, cassette, rear mech, brakes etc?

I also don't believe that emtb has more weight forward. My point of lift (where the bike is balanced) is a bit less rearward on my emtb than it is on my clockwork. Perhaps there's a small difference in weight bias of my 2x10 vs 1x12 (clockwork vs emtb).

melmark

Dec 29, 2018
US
I just cancelled my Commencal order because I found this instead. It will eat EP8's for lunch and no one can tell its an ebike. Very stealth

crazy bike.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020
Tasmania
Have been going around in circles looking for my first EMTB for a few months and came across the Commencal Meta 29's.
Finally decided to ring the Australian distributor today and ask about the Black and White Signature /Fox model.
Looked at Commencal website this morning and much to my dismay the delivery date has changed from January next year (prepared to wait till then) to April :oops:
The Ohlins model is still showing as available January , so have to decide wether to go with that or not.
Same running gear , just different forks/shock/post.
$500AUD cheaper and 1 kilo lighter , so a couple of advantages.
Hmm what to do.....

Coming from a Santa Cruz Hightower LT , and like the Heckler (Brand loyalty) but way too expensive in Australia.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Have been going around in circles looking for my first EMTB for a few months and came across the Commencal Meta 29's.
Finally decided to ring the Australian distributor today and ask about the Black and White Signature /Fox model.
Looked at Commencal website this morning and much to my dismay the delivery date has changed from January next year (prepared to wait till then) to April :oops:
The Ohlins model is still showing as available January , so have to decide wether to go with that or not.
Same running gear , just different forks/shock/post.
$500AUD cheaper and 1 kilo lighter , so a couple of advantages.
Hmm what to do.....

Coming from a Santa Cruz Hightower LT , and like the Heckler (Brand loyalty) but way too expensive in Australia.
Seeing that you live in Australia, wouldn't a merida e160 be better value and the easier way to go? And it's a mullet :giggle:

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020
Tasmania
Seeing that you live in Australia, wouldn't a merida e160 be better value and the easier way to go? And it's a mullet :giggle:
The Merida bikes are about the same price , slightly lower spec (unless you buy the 10K at $14K ?).
Yes they have a Carbon frame , but thats not important to me.

And I have never been a Mullet type of guy ?

VX10

Nov 5, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
Funny how (in Europe) Meta Power 29 Essential availability jumped from December to mid November 2020 for L and XL frames but M sized 29er Essential got pushed to February 2021. Funny like sinister clown funny since I pre-ordered a M Essential one a month ago.

I would be interested if anyone had info on this scenario and why only the M frame got delayed. I am not going to spam Commencal and will keep my calm and wait. Or try to.

Matt_Rider

Jul 13, 2020
Melbourne Australia
The Merida bikes are about the same price , slightly lower spec (unless you buy the 10K at $14K ?).
Yes they have a Carbon frame , but thats not important to me.

And I have never been a Mullet type of guy ?
The e160 is amazing value in Australia compared to the Meta. You can get the 9000 for under $10k at 99 bikes. That's cheaper than the Meta Power 29 Essential.

Oct 28, 2020
Tasmania
The e160 is amazing value in Australia compared to the Meta. You can get the 9000 for under $10k at 99 bikes. That's cheaper than the Meta Power 29 Essential.
They don't ship E Bikes tho , so in current climate that won't work.
In Tas they are $11K.

Regardless , anyway I don't want a Mereda.
Thanks.

ShaneBean

Sep 2, 2020
West Virginia
Wait for what you want if you have another bike to ride, otherwise get a bike to ride sooner.

Oct 28, 2020
Tasmania
What do you mean they don't ship ebikes? I get they are $11k but that's retail and you can bargain them down unlike direct to consumer.

You have to pick them up in store.
No 99 bikes in Tasmania.

No stock of bikes , and full retail is what you will pay in these high demand times.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
No 99 bikes in Tasmania.

No stock of bikes , and full retail is what you will pay in these high demand times.
If you're in Tassie, I can recommend Cycology in Launceston

My friend and I both bought our ebikes from there (he bought giant, I bought merida). They gave us a great price and they are good if something goes wrong.

Matt_Rider

Jul 13, 2020
Melbourne Australia
No 99 bikes in Tasmania.

Ahh wasn't aware they're not shipping.

Wrong on the RRP though. I got my preorder with a $1500 discount. You don't even need to haggle. they've already done it themselves.

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Freiburg, Germany
Wait for what you want if you have another bike to ride, otherwise get a bike to ride sooner.
I do have another bike, but I ordered 2 e-bikes. One for the wife and one for myself. Her bike has just been shipped. So I want to ride with her and I NEED to keep up with her :). On my Stumpy Evo I won't keep up. But I will keep that bike as an all-round trasher and BikePark weapon :D

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I do have another bike, but I ordered 2 e-bikes. One for the wife and one for myself. Her bike has just been shipped. So I want to ride with her and I NEED to keep up with her :). On my Stumpy Evo I won't keep up. But I will keep that bike as an all-round trasher and BikePark weapon :D
Can't you sabotage her bike in the interim? :giggle:

tcharles

Nov 6, 2020
boise
Interesting.. UK shows 15 Nov as well for some builds. Anyone talked to Commencal US recently, when they are getting bikes and/or reworked motors?
Just ordered my 21 Meta Power 29. According to the Commercial US distributor in Colorado they have the bikes in stock and are awaiting Shimano to perform the recall before shipping them to customers. They said some batches of the recall parts have actually arrived at their facility. The Commencial employee told me someone from Shimano would come out to perform initial recalls but Commencial employees may be allowed to help or perform the recalls themselves eventually. Hopefully this happens sooner than later with winter fast approaching!

ShaneBean

Sep 2, 2020
West Virginia
I gotcha, I rode with my wife on our non ebikes. She always struggled to keep up. I would wait for her and let her get her breath back. And just be chill. Hopefully you can ask her to wait for you while you catch up. Just try to be clear and communicate well. If your ego can't handle it, I guess your going to have to come out of pocket for worse bike components and a higher price tag. Personally I'd wait and just ride my full sus.

robbyfritzler

Nov 6, 2020
Northern California

I purchased a Medium Meta Power 29 Essential on Sep 4. I emailed Commencal USA on Oct 25 asking about the potential delivery date and was told "We are still on track to fulfill your e-bike order by the end of December!". He didn't give me any extra details. Fingers crossed it does, as i'm currently bike-less and going insane.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles