Bosch Flow App - News & Updates

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
@Mario Antony @emtbPhil
Probs with the apps are discussed here and you might find some answers to your probs/questions 😉:

Davvee

Subscriber
Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
This is my ride around Sherwood Pines from yesterday according to the flow app :rolleyes:

View attachment 145911
Mine does the same

IMG_0769.jpeg

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
@Mario Antony @emtbPhil
Probs with the apps are discussed here and you might find some answers to your probs/questions 😉:
That’s the old connect app and not relevant at all to flow

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I bought a mountain bike...not a 2 wheeled computer! Not interested in updates. Not interested in ride data other than what Strava can provide, not interested in navigation..........if I was there are far better options than amateur bike motor versions. Leave what works well alone is my motto!!

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
@emtbPhil

From the Bosch help site:
“We recommend that you leave your eBike turned off on the way to your car.“

Full entry here: My recorded ride includes straight lines for the stretches when I was not connected to the eBike (e.g. car ride) - why?

Yes :ROFLMAO: but as mentioned if you have the alarm fitted you have to turn it on to put it in travel mode
Which then registers a false start point
I don't know why they couldn't just leave it like it was on the non-smart bikes where you press a button to start/stop a ride

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
you have the alarm fitted you have to turn it on to put it in travel mode
That‘s why I linked to the full entry:
„If you need to switch on the eBike on the way to the car and the distance is more than 200m:
  1. End activity tracking before loading the eBike into the car.
  2. Delete the short trip from your statistics afterwards.“
just leave it like it was on the non-smart bikes where you press a button to start/stop a ride
I have a non-smart bike with the Nyon2 full GPS computer. There is no button to start/stop a ride. Activity recording is started automatically when you turn on your bike and start to pedal.

Even back then Bosch tried to mimic Apple and keep all complexity away from the user. I need to do multiple presses with different controller buttons to reset the trip counter to zero. That is almost like stopping a ride but still not the same. 🤷‍♂️

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
:) Guys, this topic is for news and updates but you are discussing your general probs. It would be nice if you could open a new topic if you do not want to continue in the other topic posted. In that BTW your route issues are addressed. (y)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I've just seen on the latest flow app update that you can now have Eco+ mode.

This is basically turnng the motor off and then providing assistance (motor powers back on) when required, such as climbing. Will be quite useful on epic days out or when preserving the battery range for enduro events when you need to eco the climbs and turbo the descents

Apologies if this has been out for a while, I've only just noticed!

jrvide

Jul 15, 2024
Portugal
Hmm, maybe you can change country / location on your phone. Anyhow, in my humble opinion there are no real upgrades that would be worth to hurry / force the update.
Have you requested your phone to check for updates?

Settings > System > Software updated > App Updates
The sooner I ask, the sooner it was resolved. It was updated during the night.
Thanks for the comments anyway.

Anders

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2023
Norway
My app (and bike) was upgraded a few days ago, but I cannot really see any changes as I am not a Flow+ subscriber. I like the new statistics, but I am not prepared to pay for them.

My four currently selected modes are Eco, Tour+, Auto and eMTB. I might however try out Eco+ (to get something out of the upgrade), it seems more useful to me than Eco.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
My app (and bike) was upgraded a few days ago, but I cannot really see any changes as I am not a Flow+ subscriber. I like the new statistics, but I am not prepared to pay for them.

My four currently selected modes are Eco, Tour+, Auto and eMTB. I might however try out Eco+ (to get something out of the upgrade), it seems more useful to me than Eco.

I tried out Eco+ this weekend, just on the fireroads leading to the trails. Hard work when flat but the motor kicks in as soon as you need it too. Most of our rides are winch & plummet style with the climbs being quite steep so Eco+ was only used on the ride to the first climb and then I switched to Tour+

I replaced Eco with Eco+

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
subscriptions are lame, if they want to lock data behind a paywall in the app then it should be a one off payment of like 2.99

or just free in the first place... Bosch will fall behind the other manufacturers who are just trying to make their sfotware attractive to people looking to buy a bike.
all bosch is relying on is a brand name.
stop trying to be Strava or something pushing subscriptions... pure predatory practice.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Sport is an older mode that EMTB replaced. From the Bosch website

Sport​

Powerful support for universal use​

• powerful assistance with up to 240 % of your own power
  • for sporty riding in the city, e.g. for commuting, or for active excursions in nature
  • ideal for eCity and eTrekking bikes
  • individually adjustable via the eBike Flow app
more here Riding modes: individually adapted to you

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Sport is an older mode that EMTB replaced. From the Bosch website

Sport​

Powerful support for universal use​

• powerful assistance with up to 240 % of your own power
  • for sporty riding in the city, e.g. for commuting, or for active excursions in nature
  • ideal for eCity and eTrekking bikes
  • individually adjustable via the eBike Flow app
more here Riding modes: individually adapted to you
I read that once i got to the top of the hill, I reinstalled Auto instead.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles